Be Careful Where You Screw
Jesus might get mad at you.
Last New Year Hoop and I got busy in a church yard, and then our year sucked.
This year Hoop and I are being dragged down town to celebrate New Year's with his Dad, his Dad's girlfriend, and Nash, the party-friendly singleton. I would rather snuggle up on the couch with a bottle of rum and no clothes on. But if I did that, I would be snuggling alone. So instead I'm driving home after work just to turn around and drive the hour back. Then Hoop and I are going to try and stay sober so we can make the hour long trek back home at one. I want to scream. Can I scream now? Do you think they'd fire me for wasting company time by having a mental breakdown?
I will not be sorry to see 2007 go. Unless, that is, 2008 turns out to be worse. Between the house buying, house renovating, quitting smoking, buying a new car for Hoop, wrecking the car a month later, getting engaged, AG dying, and having several horrific meltdowns along the way... I'm EXHAUSTED! It would make sense for my New Year's resolution to be to relax more. But I'm anti-resolution. Too much pressure! Why promise ourselves things that aren't going to happen? So this year I've decided to set my goals really low. That way I won't be too disappointed.
TINK'S 2008 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS:
1. Don't die. (Well die eventually, just not this year.)
2. Don't kill anyone. (Unless they're really asking for it.)
3. Keep your sanity. (I will guard this last marble with my life.)
4. Walk more. (Instead of scooting across the office in your chair yelling, "Beep-Beep!")
5. Buy new clothes. (Well if you insist.)
6. Take up a new dirty habit to replace smoking. (Like gardening... Or crack.)
7. Create a new slang word and see if it sticks. ("Yo Blo." BLO: the shorthand of Blogger. Also referred to as a Homebloy.)
8. Spread some love through the Blogosphere. (Next month, Spork Awards!)
Don't forget, the WWC words for this week are Brown and Pattern. Because of the holiday, the pictures won't be due until WEDNESDAY.
Happy New YEAR!