Thursday, December 08, 2005

In the beginning...

I love new relationships. They're full of those revelations where you suddenly realize how absolutely insane A. You really are or B. The other person is (which is good if A. still applies).

Hoop: Do you think your dog understands "NO"?
Tink: She understands the tone you use when you say it.
Hoop: But you don't think she understands the word?
Tink: No. You could pretty much substitute it with anything as long as you say it the same way.
Hoop: Really? Like what?
Tink: Like, um.... Pickled Beef.
Hoop: Pickled what?
Tink: Beef?
Hoop: I put you on the spot and you shout out "Pickled Beef."
Tink: Yup.
...
Tink: Remember, you're the one dating me. I'm stuck with myself. You're with me by CHOICE.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 08 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually many dogs can differentiate between several hundred distict words. Dogs don't hear consonants, only vowel sounds so unless you call your dog "ho" a lot, the dog probably understands the actual "no" and not just the tone of your voice.

 
At 08 December, 2005, Blogger Tink said...

Thanks for the info! I probably won't inform Hoop that he was right though hehe. I realized the probability that I was wrong very quickly into the conversation. But I didn't really want to budge from my "All-Knowing" perch on the soap box.

 
At 12 December, 2005, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I have told my husband before that if he thinks I'm scary from the outside just imagine what it looks like from my perspective!

 
At 28 July, 2006, Blogger kAY said...

T'was the right thing to say : You're the one dating me.. lol =) I'll use it for myself sooner or later, that'll let him voiceles or so I hope =)

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

:D

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Insanity is good if you are going to breed with someone. In fact, i think it'a a prerequisite.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Colette said...

Just a note my dear...

I LOVE your blog

Colette

 
At 03 June, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

I have no comment, but just wanted the honor of being a commenter on your first blog entry.

("Commenter"? That word sounds weird. And that tea, Constant Comment? BAD name for any food item.)

 
At 12 June, 2008, Blogger anaglyph said...

I just love a blog that takes its name from its very first post...

 
At 18 June, 2008, Blogger LiteralDan said...

I love your last line-- I should have it printed up on business cards, so I can hand one to my wife pretty much once a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home