Monday, November 24, 2008

Bachelorette Party

(For full-sized images, please go to my Flickr page. I figured out how to fix the problem manually, but it still doesn't explain why Blogger will no longer reformat my pictures to fit in the post frame. Why does Blogger suck so bad?)

I had plans of doing all sorts of crazy things with the Bachelorette party pictures; like Photoshopping
Newt and Daisy into incriminating scenes involving half-naked firemen or something. But, I got drunk on Saturday afternoon at book club and then Hoop and I spent all day Sunday pretending that we were going to do something productive, but really just playing video games in our underwear. Hey, don't judge! We're old married peeps now. We can do whatever the hell we want.

These are my girls. That's Daisy (the Shoe Whore) to the left, me in the middle, Newt to the right. What you can't tell from the picture is, I'm wearing a pink boa, a veil, little crown earrings/necklace and an engraved "Homebloys" bracelet. They practically *mugged me when I got to their hotel room. *Would it still be considered "mugging" if they put stuff on me instead of taking stuff off? Hoop, who had stopped in to meet our honored guests, didn't stick around for dinner. I think he was afraid to be seen with me, personally.

As well as dressing me up, the girls gave me a waffle maker for luck, a Wedding Day Emergency Kit (in a Tinkerbell backpack no less) and lingerie. All three have been used and loved, the first and the last by Hoop especially. After dinner, the girls and I took a short drive to the most popular beach bar. Seeing as it was only 8-something on a Thursday night, it wasn't very crowded. But we didn't let that stop us from making asses out of ourselves. The bartender kept us supplied in free shots and when those ran dry, the girls kept me supplied in drinks. I don't think I've ever been so spoiled!

Here's Daisy and I pointing at the bill Newt signed to commemorate the night.


Sometime after this picture was taken, it started getting fuzzy... or maybe wobbly is the better word. I remember some old guy hitting on Daisy and then us deciding to skip over to the gas station next door. Did we sing "We're off to see the Wizard", or did I imagine that? Newt and I were sitting outside waiting on Daisy to reemerge from the bathroom when the store attendant came out for a chat and a smoke break. To my utter annoyance, the girl turned out to be someone I went to school with. I remember the chick talked a lot, mostly about other people I hadn't seen since high school.

On any other occasion, a person like her would have killed my buzz. But this time it only intensified it. I think it's because I was thinking the words, "GO AWAY" as hard as I could. By the time she went back in (and Daisy came out) my head was humming. We headed to the pier, but not before rescuing Daisy from herself and then from someone I'm pretty sure was a dumpster dweller. Oh, and let's not forget that hot Mexican on the beach. Or maybe I made that part up. At some point, we made it back to the hotel.

Newt was nice enough to give me a shirt and a bed for the night. I woke up four hours later in bed with a trashcan (unused, thankfully). With one eye open, I drove to the hotel where Hoop was staying. The room was 89 degrees when I walked in and Hoop was laying belly up, fully dressed on the bed. I rubbed his stomach and he nodded happily in his sleep. That's how I knew he'd had a nice Bachelor party. I was dog tired that day, but it was worth it. I couldn't have asked for a cooler party, or for better friends.

Picture Updates by Alex M.

Walking Down The Aisle


All Smiles


First Kiss


Picture Updates by Newt

Three Generations Of Hands


Golf Cart Fun


Tomorrow: WWC

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I am so happy for you, Tink! You look beautiful! My favorite is the "Generations of Hands."

I cannot wait to see more!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Tink said...

UGH. Can someone please tell me why Blogger is all of a sudden not able to post my pictures without breaking? This is so frustrating!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

LOL - yeah, I think there was a little "Off to see the Wizard" I forgot about that. I contemplated a trashcan picture but I wasn't sure you wanted to remember THAT much of the evening.

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

Your wedding photos are beautiful! Sounds like Newt & Co. provided you with a hell of a bachelorette party!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you recovered so very well from your night of fun!
Once again I am struck by how very beautiful you are, esp. on your wedding day.
Off to see the flickr pics.

(PS: Gary at http://grpottersblog3.blogspot.com/ seems to have no trouble with his pictures on blogger. Go figure.)

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

WORD PRESS FOR PREZ!

Going to look at your Flickr set now...

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

i feel like a broken record here... but you were (are) a beautiful bride.

love love love the three generations of hands!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Pamer said...

those are hot freakin' shoes!!!!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

NEWT AND TINK ON THE TOWN TOGETHER WITH other friends too? Yeah, I bet you all had fun.

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger LL said...

damn... you let Hoop wear the lingerie? Whatever floats your boat my dear...

:P

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

Awww... looks like you guys had so much fun. :)

Looking at the wedding pictures makes me cry because they're so pretty.

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Gin said...

Love the hands photo! You should get one with your wedding rings in it too!!

You were such a beautiful bride and the groom isn't too shabby either!!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

It sounds like a lot of fun! And I think that golf cart picture is my favorite. :)

 
At 24 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Maybe you were singing "Off to See the Lizard" instead of "Wizard". Just trying to be helpful.

2)I would totally need more than one night to recover from that much drinking. Or even to stand in high heels.

3)Who is the guy in the kilt?

4)Next time we have a B-List Blogger party, you HAVE TO BE THERE!!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Mike said...

I'm normally not a sentimental or picture person, but I really liked that three generation of hands one.

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Hilary said...

The three hands make a wonderful shot. All lovely at that.

I'm having photo upload issues with Blogger as well. Many people are. My photos all appear super-sized and I have to downsize them by changing the dimensions in html mode. Several people have complained (on their forum) about various photo issues. So far they're neither answering them nor correcting the problems.

 
At 25 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...you are beautiful. Not that that is new news (wow, holy double words, Batman!), but you so are. I'm running around catching up on blogs tonight, and I'm so glad to see some of your wedding/bachelorette party photos. It all looks like it was wonderful. Yay! Many congratulations again to you and Hoop!
xoxo

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger Terri said...

way cool Tink! I love the hands picture and your awesome shoes. Congratulations!

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Do you ever get tired of me telling you just how damned cute you are? And the epitome of lovely young bride.

And your party rocked. (I'm all oldish sore just thinking about it.)

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger Tink said...

Aw, thanks everyone. By the end of this week I have a feeling you're going to be asking me to STOP posting pictures of the wedding though. :D

Hilary: Thank you! Whenever crap like this happens I always wonder, is it just me? Good to know it's just Blogger sucking again.

Apathy: 3. Papa Bear, my Step Dad. He walked me down the aisle. 4. Absolutely! I was wondering if one of those was ever going to happen again.

LL: Hardy har har. ;)

Newt: LOL! Thanks. I remember thinking just before I went to sleep that maybe I should hide your camera.

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger OneDaisy said...

We sang? A dumpster dweller? I think you and Newt left me somewhere and partied on your own. (I still think that a pic of you with the trash can would have been fantastic!)

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger OneDaisy said...

Oh.......I'm "& Co."?

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger Tawcan said...

Great pics as always. I really like that 3 generation shot...maybe I'll have to steal that idea once I start doing wedding photography one of these days. ;)

Your party doesn't sound that bad. For my friend's stag we had him chained to a bowling ball the whole night. It was awesome.

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger Janet said...

such awesome shots, Tink! I especially like the one of you laughing and the three hands :-)

Hoop in lingerie would make a nice shot ;-)

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

What a beautiful couple you make - thanks for sharing your wedding and bachelorette photos with us! Happy happy day!!!

 
At 26 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you guys.

 
At 27 November, 2008, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

beautiful! ANd amazing shoes!!!

:) E

 
At 29 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked absolutely beautiful, Tink. You too, Hoop!

 
At 29 November, 2008, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You look so gorgeous and Hoop too! I love a man in a skirt.

Love your shoes girl! Those are amazing.

 
At 01 December, 2008, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

Awesome shots. You guys look great...and so happy!!

 
At 06 December, 2008, Blogger Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

You are so beautiful! Y'all are such a fun couple!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home