Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maiwage

People said that I would have trouble sleeping on the night before my wedding. Those people obviously didn't drink heavily two nights before their big day, turn around and go to work for nine hours, only to have a rehearsal immediately after, followed by a party and an hour drive to their sleeping location. I slept like a baby on Dimetapp. It was awesome. When I got up, I waited for the anxiety to kick in. But it didn't, so I went into the living room to watch cartoons. Cartoons were followed by breakfast and a hair appointment.

Since my parents' live in a little town, the hair stylist offered to come to the house to work on my hair instead. Call it big city mentality, but I just couldn't get over how unsafe that was for her to do. What if we were ax murderers? This is the part of the story where Hoop would laugh. He doesn't think I'm all that scary. I don't know why. I scare myself all the time. After the hair appointment, in which my 'do turned out looking like something from the 50's, I cornered my littlest brother and said, "Tell me the truth. Do I look stupid?"

Lil Bit stared at me for a moment in complete shock. "NO." He finally stuttered. "You look beautiful!" With that, we were off to the wedding. What happened after isn't the least bit blurry. I can honestly say that I remember each and every moment of that night. But I can't imagine it would be that interesting to you, so I'll skip around to all the highlights.
Newt and Daisy were the "mysterious" Bloggers who came down for the wedding and threw me a surprise bachelorette party (more on that Friday).

I don't know what I would have done without those girls! They were my bridesmaids, photographers and entertainment all in one. The only way I could repay them is to somehow convince Gerald Gerard (I'm such a tard) Butler and his hot friend to become their Cabana boys. If only I could build a big enough trap- but now I'm just rambling. After I was dressed and alone in the room, I practiced walking in my heels and dress. It was the first time I had combined the two. What I found was that I couldn't walk. Well, not easily.

The only efficient way of walking was to throw my legs out like a Russian soldier. Thank God I had on flashy shoes to distract people from it. Then the music began. Hoop and I hired a violinist to perform during the ceremony. My processional music was "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve, a favorite. Just before I stepped out on the grass I had a slight moment of panic. My heart felt like a broken bird. But the moment I saw Hoop, it completely went away. Nothing mattered after that. It was wonderful.

The files below are rather small. I had to hijack them off Hoop's cousin's site. I currently don't have many pictures of our wedding that aren't on someone else's website. Consider this a preview. I should have many more soon.





Believe it or not, these were MY shoes.

More tomorrow...

Labels:

42 Comments:

At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Gramps said...

WOW!

1) You both looked wonderful.

2) Those were definitely flashy and daring wedding shoes. A lot like the ones I wore at my wedding.

3) I wanted bagpipes at my wedding. Granny overruled me.

WOW! What a great day for you.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Gramps said...

Oh yes...who is Gerald Butler?

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Darl'n I wouldn't have missed it for the world. And you were the MOST beautiful bride ever. And I cried when you showed me the naughty monkeys. I'm so proud of you!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Alice said...

oh my gosh, what a beautiful day, what a beautiful dress, what a beautiful couple!!! and what awesome shoes ;-)

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Tawcan said...

So did you continue your drinking spreed after the wedding? ;)

Great pics. Can't wait to see more of them and higher resolution of course.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see more. Congrats!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked gorgeous!! And I love those shoes.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Kilts too? Wow... it really was a spectacular affair...

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Gin said...

Great photos!! I love those shoes! Wow! What a beautiful bride you made!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

You look so pretty and so happy, Tink! That makes me happy for you!

I cannot wait to see more pictures!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

what a BEAUTIFUL bride you are!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful wedding! YAY for awesome bloggy friends coming to the rescue, too!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Janet said...

oooh a kilt!!! You guys look fantastic, can't wait to see more shots! Those shoes...oooh la la!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

::sniff sniff:::

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

Awww! *sniff* Those shoes ROCK. Best. Bride. Shoes. Evah.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

you were a beautiful bride (with kick-ass shoes!!!!)

congrats!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Mouse said...

Awww.. Congrats. You look BEAUTIFUL! I love the shoes.. very cool. If you figure out how to lure Gerard Butler into a box, do let me know.. because I'd like to try it on either Johnny Depp or that Daniel Craig guy from the new Bond movie. *drools* I'd say I'd take Gerard but he's apparently already spoken for by those other ladies. hee hee.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Lynnea said...

awww

You look gorgeous and glowing. So does the groom.

Congrats again. More pics! :)

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Me said...

MOAR PICTURES!

I demand more!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger geenalyn said...

You looked absolutely beautiful...and Hoop very handsome.

LOVE your processional music..you rock.

Shoes are awesome. I had a great pair of high heels picked out for my wedding. Wore them to our wedding location and then ditched them. Guess what i ended up wearing all thru the pictures, ceremony and reception?? My black, fuzzy slippers...you can even see them in a few of my wedding pictures LOL

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Very beautiful!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger g-man said...

Absolutely stunning. Hoop looked good too. Is that a scar on his head where you tried to plant an axe?

Maybe he should have watched "Oh I married an axe murderer" before hand?

Cant wait for more photos (you know I am all about the photos :)

Congratulations again.

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger Allison Horner said...

Congrats, Tink! Yes, cant wait to see more pics! You 2 look stunning!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW! Hawt Bride, Hawt Groom, Hawt Shoes, Hawt Kilt!
You really did make a beautiful bride. :)
It cracks me up that you watched cartoons on the morning of your wedding. You were RELAXED!
(My dh was in coveralls fixing the truck because it had broken down on the way home from the rehearsal dinner... so I wasn't that relaxed!)

Looking forward to additional pictures!

 
At 19 November, 2008, Blogger the Bag Lady said...

Such a beautiful bride, handsome groom and LOVE the kilt! (My dad was a piper....)

Wonderful photos.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

It looks and sounds as if it were absolutely wonderful! What a great song Bittersweet Symphony is - I love that you did that to that song with beautiful red shoes on!

Congratulations! You're beautiful.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww now im all misty eyed!! you look so beautiful and that bloke looks alright too!
the nerves didnt come because you were doing to absolute right thing!!

Ellie
xxx

 
At 20 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. I'm glad you remembered it. Maybe I should have taken dimetapp before I got married.

Knot

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

I wanted to rock the kilt for our wedding, but Turtle wouldn't let me.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Dianne said...

I always tell you how cute you are or adorable. Well now I gotta tell ya - you made for one hot bride!! ;)
the shoes are amazing

you guys look fantastic

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

*happy sigh*

You looked BEAUTIFUL! The shot of the two of you looking at each other is amazing; I can feel your energy radiating from it.

Those shoes are fantastic, girl.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger moo said...

love it love it love it! Can't wait to hear more!!

(I think that day was the last nice, warm day we had down here in the south.)

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

you two look awesome. good thing you chose a weird elbow hiding gown too

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm speachless you look so good together. and (I'm assuming here and I know what they say about assuming so don't give me the speech) I love that your Dad is wearing a kilt. You look so pretty, and I LOVE the shoes.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

"My heart felt like a broken bird." Beautiful. Right down to the shoes.

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger flutter said...

You are SO adorable

 
At 20 November, 2008, Blogger Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

*deep breath* *another deep breath* *gaspy sigh*

Y'all are beautiful. I am soooo happy and gladdened that it all went to sweetly for y'all.

OOOOH, I just want to reach out and hug you both!!! Oh, and then flash-forward to my drunken, "I love you guys! Y'all are the mostest, awesomest couple. Y'all got the real thing like me and DH!" stumble, stumble, half hug -- DH drags me back to our room.

;-)

Super Sweeeet!

 
At 21 November, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

I love love love those shoes. PERFECT! You look so beautiful and the sky looks amazing. What a perfect day.

 
At 21 November, 2008, Blogger Arabella said...

Tink! You're BEAUTIFUL!

And I absolutely love the shoes. I hope you'll wear them again!

 
At 23 November, 2008, Blogger jennyonthespot said...

The shoes... hawt!

Also - beautiful... what a beautiful couple, in beautiful pictures of a beautiful wedding....

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Gorgeous Dress and you looked beautiful Mrs. Tink!!! The shoes are so cool. Did you have some sexy surprise undies to match them under there?? lol Love these pics!

 
At 24 November, 2008, Blogger Hilary said...

Aww truly the princess bride. Maiwage looks good on you.

 
At 25 November, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

I love the shoes! You looked awesome :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home