Monday, December 12, 2005

Closet Blonde

Hoop stared at me in utter confusion this afternoon as I continued to put the batteries in the camera the wrong way. He asked me pointedly if I was sure they were both supposed to face the same direction. Irritated with his tone I replied, "Of course you ass. I know how to put in batteries." It was two minutes later that I realized I was wrong. Damn!

While watching Grey's Anatomy tonight, Hoop and I got into a discussion about one of the patients on the show. After recovering from brain surgery, the patient experience a strange flip in mood that was totally uncharacteristic to him. I explained that damage to certain parts of the brain can cause permanent changes in the way that people behave. Sometimes it can even stop people from being able to decipher right and wrong. As I was leaving the room I heard Hoop mutter, "That's crazy."

"What's crazy?"

"You are totally clueless when it comes to simple things I think you should know. So how the hell do you know so much about brain surgery?"

"Might I mention I'm the queen of USELESS information. Not USEFUL."

Men... Geesh. ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12 December, 2005, Blogger Mignon said...

I saw your comment on Wordgirl's page and decided to check you out. And ha! My husband and I also had a mini-debate about the brain guy from Grey's Anatomy (does her voice-over annoy you too?). I didn't have much useful/useless info about the ordeal, but his reaction to his children made me cry. I think I set myself up to bawl at least once a show. That was my token bawl moment.

And your next post about the sad-sack Christmas? Priceless! I'm totally repeating that in "I have a friend" kind-of-story later when I go to another f*cking cookie exchange party... Thanks for the fodder.

 
At 12 December, 2005, Blogger Tink said...

Definitely filled my weekly cry-fest quota over last nights episode, to which Hoop exclaimed, "You're kidding me right?" I keep trying to explain to him that if I don't let it out I'm going to need really good drugs to keep me sane!

Have fun at the party. Just think of it as free food. Although free BOOZE would make it better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home