Thursday, December 04, 2008

Good-Bye November

I haven't done one of these since Chris died.

It just felt like the right time.

November Hit Statistics:
1. The top referrers were Mama Tulip and Knight.
2. The most used search term was, "Carmeltoe."
3. The most mature search term was, "transvistite vajina photo." Vajina!
4. The stupidest search term was, "What does two-for-one special mean?"
5. My favorite search term was "shrinking brother."
6. These search terms are just disturbing: "what would the really scary elf look like" and "metal monsters carrying off garden gnome".
7. The highest hit post (267) was on
November 25th, the day after I posted Bachelorette Party/Wedding updates.

30 Quirks For 30 Days:
1. I fall in love with things that inevitably get discontinued.
2. Which is why I usually don't confess to loving new things.
3. List of discontinued loves- "Firefly" (TV show), "Dead Like Me" (TV show), Total's Vanilla Almond cereal, Orbitz (that weird 90's drink with balls in it), Dunk-a-roos, "Pushing Daisies" (TV show), B&BW's Sunflower lotion, Wendy's Fish Sandwich, Wendy's pitas, toys made out of metal, stirrup pants.
4. OK, I was just kidding about the pants. But still.
5. I yawn every time I pass a cop on the road...
6. ...a result of my brain kicking on "look busy" mode, I think.
7. Some days I wake up and want everything to be suddenly different.
8. Like I'll have the urge to get high, or learn how to play the piano, or chop off all my hair and dye it red.
9. Sometimes it's more spectacular, like standing on my desk and screaming or breaking out in a badass dance routine.
10. Some days I'll look at my lunch (it's soup, it's always soup) and say aloud, "What the fuck am I eating old people food for?"
11. I hate being responsible.
12. But I'm just so damn good at it.
13. The smell of almond extract turns me on.
14. If you say, "This statement is a lie," and it is, isn't that the truth?
15. When I was fifteen, I started writing a memoir.
16. Just saying that sentence cracks me up.
17. How come fictional characters are almost never as pathetic as real ones?
18. I used to have a favorite color; but I don't anymore.
19. But, I would like to know who made me start liking pink against my will.
20. I come up with all kinds of unique diets in my daydreams.
21. There's one where you eat with nothing but chopsticks.
22. In another, you have to perform a trick for all your meals, like a dog.
23. Sometimes I think I've developed Adult ADD; possibly out of boredom.
24. Why don't they make a camera that takes pictures of things exactly how we see them?
25. I love pocket-sized toiletries.
26. Crap! I said I loved something again.
27. I can't delete it because then the Cosmos will think I'm trying to hide it.
28. Maybe I can counter it by saying I love something I really don't?
29. I love Macaroni-and-Cheese.
30. I love Ryan Seacrest.
*31. I love wedgies.
*32. The song Hoop and I danced to during our wedding was "Write You A Song" by the White T's.
*33. That was my secret song for us before Hoop proposed.
*34. Surprisingly, when I asked him to pick a song for us (out of a lineup of ten), he picked that song too.

BTW: That first picture in Tuesday's post is of condiment cups. Get your minds out of the gutter! ;)

Labels:

24 Comments:

At 04 December, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

Knight is my "number one referrer" too if you know what I mean

I mean she gives me boners in my pants

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

I used to be your number one referrer many months. What the hell happened?

I love Pushing Daisies too. I'm very sad that it's going away. And a little bitter about it too considering the crap that is still on.

I certainly hope you haven't cause Macaroni an Cheese go away. Like maybe it'll get banned by the gov't now or something since you said you love it.

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Mary said...

dude you put our minds in the gutter...all your fault.

Here's to a fanastic December Mrs Hoop!

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

I can't tell you when I started loving pink either, but I do. . .

Is it a result of growing old(er)?

 
At 04 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as your camera idea goes, there is a woman that I have learned about recently, that has one eye like Eric's thats useless and i think she has a glass eye. She has asked doctors and scientists to try to make a webcam that she could put into her glass eye. Which would in effect be able to take pictures of what she sees. She even wants it to have a memory card and remote activation of the cam.

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Mmmmm macaroni and cheese. I loved Dead Like Me too. Have you tried Eureka? That show is too much fun. We just got our friend hooked on it. He was staying with us a few days and we almost got him through season 1. He loved it.

 
At 04 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with the discontinued items. It started with the china pattern I picked out before we got married: 6 months later, it was phased out. My favorite candle scents is another example of bad karma in action. What's up with that?

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

But, those are some impressive looking condiment cups!
Oh, and NOBODY is going to buy you loving wedgies... least of all the all knowing fates. ;-)

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

I L-0-V-E-D Dead Like Me! LOVED IT! I think I have boredom induced ADD too. But I always loose focus and get distracted before I can look into it to find out for sure :/ guess we'll never know.

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger LL said...

You never cease to amaze me Tinkie...

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

#1 - I have that same problem! And it's totally pesky things like bra and underwear styles or the only face soap that doesn't mess up my face.

 
At 04 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have good news for you... Dunk-a-roos are still around! I thought they were gone, too, but I saw them the other day in a dollar store! I can't remember if it was a Dollar General, Dollar Tree, or what other version of a dollar store it was, but there they were!! =)

 
At 04 December, 2008, Blogger Gramps said...

My favorite diet is the one where you eat nothing but chopsticks.

(Did the italics make that clear?! How about a diet where you eat nothing but punctuation?...yeah, I know I'm weird.)

 
At 05 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god ... as soon as I read about the almond extract I had to stop reading to comment and say "oh my god" because me too, and how freakin' weird is that?! I LOVE IT! Okay, now I'm going back to read the rest of your post.

 
At 05 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sure ive said this before, but are you me? the only difference i can see is that i like macaroni cheese. ooh my word is supen...

Ellie xx

 
At 05 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At my old job, on eof the supervisors didn't know my name. She called me "The girl that always eats soup."

 
At 05 December, 2008, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

have a good weekend you two!

 
At 05 December, 2008, Blogger Gin said...

Awww, you mean it wasn't a giant white penis?? I need to get new glasses!!

I love your list. And I especially love the way your mind works.

 
At 06 December, 2008, Blogger Alex said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 06 December, 2008, Blogger Alex said...

PUSHING DAISIES has been canceled?! sob I love that show.

I love the song "Write You A Song"! It made the top 20 of my "75 Atypical Love Songs" list last Valentine's Day.

(I don't know how to link in comments, otherwise I would. Sorry!)

 
At 07 December, 2008, Blogger Tawcan said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Weather's been horrible here in Vancouver. :(

Oh I moved my blog from blogger to Wordpress. Please update your link and drop by to say hi.

http://tawcan.wordpress.com

 
At 08 December, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Ooh macaroni and cheese and Firefly, oh my!

 
At 08 December, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

I'm sorry I must inform you that my top referring was probably mostly me visiting you through myself. Does that makes sense?

Wait did I hear something about boners?

I don't think I would survive on soup. Don't you miss dry foods?

 
At 08 December, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Stirrup pants =ed gaping mouth. Really, I was so relieved it was nonsense.

My husband devised a new diet last week. No snacks without doing 25 sit-ups. Now he eats junk before dinner and calls it an appetizer. Count to date, 3 sit-ups done with no witness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home