Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weekly Words Challenge 75!

The words for this week were 9 and Desire.

I'll be by your blogs soon to see how you interpreted them.

9




Desire

Hoop and I couldn't get over how many houses in Tennessee are made of brick, practically all of them! Only the very wealthy can build with brick in Florida. It's something we desire to have one day.

My Heart's Desire

Yeah, we were pretty road lagged at this point.

(Other Random Photos)

Practice


Tennessee Flowering Tree


The Six-Fingered Man

The people at the Mexican restaurant were shocked when I pointed it out. And what's up with that handbag?

Did You Say Unbeatable?


If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. We also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Not only do you get to add "Lowly Foon" to your resume, but you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier. Happy snapping!

The words for next week are:
Diamond (Shape or stone)
and
1

Don't forget to check yesterday's comments to see who participated!

Tomorrow: I Heart Etsy
Friday: More Tennessee sightseeing photos.
Next Week: I like Gramp's idea of making a master list of who's playing in the WWC. Check next week for a sign-up post. Don't worry if you miss it. We'll add to it as often as needed.

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 11 March, 2009, Blogger furiousBall said...

tink, you're a beautiful girl, but in that second shot... you really need to shave your toes

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Tink said...

Oh hush you. LOL.

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

Love the brick house, I have always wanted one too. The flowering tree is lovely and depressing at the same time.

The idea for a master list is genius! I know there are people I miss visiting. Thanks Gramp's.

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Well, at least Van didn't say you needed to lose weight, eh? ;)

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

My favorite photo was "Practice." What a thrill--the weight of the ball, the sun, the new grass, the smell of leather and dirt. THAT is heaven.

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

I saw the toesies too---isn't it Hobbits with hairy toes? (other than me, and Hoop I think)

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

I wish I weighed 194.

That first pic reminds me that I need gas. And my car has this "premium unleaded only" stickers on it. It pisses me off to have to pay the extra quarter per gallon for gas. haha

Great pics! Hope you had fun in Tennessee!

 
At 11 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you don't "desire" one of those Chou Chou dolls?

 
At 11 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ADORE your "decisive moment" in the baseball practice. Put it in a frame in that kid's house pronto!

 
At 11 March, 2009, Blogger Hilary said...

You've proven that practice does indeed make perfect, as Practice truly is a perfect shot. What Daisy said.. it deserves to be in a frame in that child's room.

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Your hearts desire is to grow a beard? Well I'll be...

I applaud the beard. Beards are teh shizz... ;)

 
At 12 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something really endearing about that goofy picture of Hoop. I guess I just like goofy men. ;)

I've always loved the look of brick houses too. They aren't safe here in Earthquake Land though...

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

Mine are up.

Are those houses built using just bricks or just the outside wall that's brick?

ROFL @ the unbeatable pic. Good one.

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger Me said...

Unbeatable..I see what he did there.

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Although you guys are going through tough times right now I can't look at these photos and not see how lucky you two are.

 
At 12 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gene for six fingered hands and feet is actually a dominant one.

You'd be surprised how many babies get their sixth digits chopped off at birth.

Good thing the gene isn't common ;)

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

such nice lips :-)

 
At 12 March, 2009, Blogger captain corky said...

Yeah there are a lot of big bad wolves in places like Tennessee and Kentucky. Obviously I'm one of them.

Most of the houses in KY are either brick or stone. Well, I think there might be one or two made out of mud.

 
At 14 March, 2009, Blogger Foo said...

@Mike: Yet another case of large corporations imposing their will on the general populace. Apparently, the glove-making conglomerates don't see a large enough windfall to be made in the six-fingered-glove market.

@Tink: I've been gone from Kentucky for quite a few years now, but my recollection is that there are plenty of non-brick houses there. They just tend to be older homes, whereas the newer homes are brick veneer.

It seems like brick would be pretty handy in a hurricane zone like Florida.

 
At 15 March, 2009, Blogger Gin said...

Love your pix. You did great. I especially love "unbeatable"...it made me blow diet pepsi out of my nose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home