Passing The Torch
Odd Mix has decided to take a break from blogging for awhile. In his absence, he's asked me to continue hosting the WWC. Not to be confused with the WWE or the WWF, which is wrestling. The only thing you'll find me wrestling is the lid off an ice cream container, and possibly my jeans when I'm done eating it.
The WWC, or "Weekly Words Challenge", is a photo meme. So it will require a camera of some sort... and fingers. Creativity is a plus, but experience is not required. Each Tuesday I will post two words. The following Tuesday, everyone will post the picture(s) they have taken to reflect their interpretation of the word(s). When your pictures are up on your blog, come here and comment so people can run over to ooh and ahh.
Those who choose not to participate will have their fingers sporked. Ok, I'm lying. But seriously folks, why wouldn't you want to? It's fun, it's free, AND it's good marketing... Odd Mix has also graciously given me the freedom to change the contest as I see fit. At first I juggled with the thought of strip-photography, but how would we know who's really playing?
My other idea was to start tallying points, one for each time someone posts pictures. When the person reaches seven points, they get to choose the next week's words. Eh, eh? We'll see where it goes. For now I'll leave Odd Mix's baby alone, lest he come back and tell me I'm not allowed to babysit anymore. Which would just be humiliating.
Next Week's Words Are:
1. I am swamped at work this week. So the weekend recap is going to be kind of skimpy. I'll give you the abbreviated version instead.
2. I have been smoke-free for 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes, and 54 seconds. I have not smoked 217 cigarettes and saved myself a whopping $40.58!
3. Friday Night Hoop and I went to an art walk. We spent the majority of the evening in silence. I was having a weak moment on the quitting front, which made me resent the fact that he still smokes. Hoop was too tired for my attitude, which made him resent the fact that I'm not smoking.
4. The night ended with a really long walk on the beach. Despite the fact that Hoop and I love each other very much, we've been dealing with an unbelievable amount of stress over the last year. Friday night we both reached our breaking point and discussed whether breaking up was the best solution.
5. Fortunately, we decided against it.
6. Saturday I went shopping with my Mom and when I came home I saw that Hoop had diligently hung pictures, fixed the dishwasher, did laundry, and attached the baseboards while I was gone.
7. How could I still be mad at him?
8. Sunday we went to a local state park to swim. Only, the lake turned out to be a dirty pond filled with snapping turtles. So I only waded in a little bit and made sure to flap my arms around a lot.
9. The spring fed creek was lovely though.
10. On the way back we stopped for sushi. Usually Hoop and I stick to what we know (and like), which is eel. But this time we decided to try some salmon, white fish, and raw squid.
11. The salmon was wonderful. The white fish was so-so. The squid- Well, I'll never know. Hoop took a bite and spit it right back out, which pretty much cured me from EVER wanting to try it.
12. I'll have mine fried from now on, please.