Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tinkzilla Vs. The Candy Lego Robot


Tinkzilla wins.

Picture made possible by the wonderful and talented
Nettie. Thanks for sending the care package! You completely made my week.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I got you something.
Tink: You did?
Hoop: Uh huh.
Tink: What is it?
Hoop: A package from "The Shoe Whore." (Nettie)
Tink: Aw- Hey!

Movie Review
The Invasion - I had high hopes for this movie. In an era of gorror films, horror-suspense is hard to find. The cast looked good. The theme was a classic. So how did they screw it up? Halfway through the movie I realized I didn't care about ANY of the characters, including Carol Bennell's adorable little boy, Oliver. If anything, Hoop and I started to root for the aliens. They seemed way cooler and more civilized than the humans. Peace on earth? Awesome! Telepathy? Sign me up! Hoop and I give this movie one out of five sporks.

Behind Closed Eyes (Dream):
I decided to attend a roofing class so Hoop and I could save a little money by repairing our roof ourselves. Only, the "class" turned out to be a three day seminar for already established roofers. I tried to blend in, but they singled me out on the first day. The biggest insult was when no one would pick me for the Timed Shingle Relay Race.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 27 August, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

I missed the "Behind Closed Eyes (Dream)" line and thought while I read your dream that you actually did attend a roofing class. By the time I got to the end, and the Timed Shingle Relay Race, I was creating my own gas trying not to laugh at you out loud.

That's a very cool pic, by the way. :)

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Heehee... that picture cracks me up!

I have not even heard of The Invasion. However, I did watch 23 this past week, because of your review, and I liked it. I mean, it wasn't the greatest movie ever made, but it was good.

I thought about you Saturday - we just found carpenter ants in our house. :(

 
At 27 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad MamaT noticed it was a dream because I believed it! (No, of COURSE I wasn't laughing at you!)

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Nicole Kidman is putting together a pretty impressive string of bombs lately. I haven't really heard a single good review of Invasion. I think I'll avoid it.

After the timed shingle races comes the timed nail gun competition. That would be a lot of fun.

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I have heard only bad reviews on that movie too. Of course, I do not like horror films, so I would not see it anyway. :)

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

I have never liked horror movies. I will only watch them if I have no other choice and then flinch a lot so that the experience is ruined for the person who forced me to watch the movie.

That was a shame about the roofing class/seminar. It's like being the duff kid in p.e. and getting picked last. It's a shame you didn't wear a low cut top. Your impressive and perfect rack might have helped. ;-)

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Macoosh said...

i have a fabulous visual of you and the roofers standing around for the choosing of teams for the race. hehe, too good.

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Invasion of the Body Snatchers has been done in so many ways, I haven't wanted to see The Invasion. You'd think they could at least find a horror movie to remake that hasn't already been remade.

Your dream cracked me up. Shingle Relay Race. *Snort*

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Shhhh... you'll give roofers ideas! That'd be scary...

 
At 27 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's worse - not being picked for the relay, or dreaming about it. That sounds amazingly close to some nightmares I had in high school. Timed Shingle Relay Race!

 
At 27 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawilli's right. That dream is reminiscent of PE class in school. Oh, how I hated a double block of PE. I felt like Harry Potter going to double potions.

 
At 27 August, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Eh, they just didn't pick you because they knew you would make all the big strong men look bad.

 
At 28 August, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

I want your next picture to be one of you carrying a bundle of shingles up a 40 foot ladder (that's roofer talk, I think). ;)

 
At 28 August, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

The hubster roofed the little dog house he built and he decided that he had nothing but the greatest respect for the guys that do it on a real roof. He was especially baffled about how to cut shingles fast and easy.

Don't those candy lego's ROCK!

 
At 29 August, 2007, Blogger Nettie said...

Ok, I finally saw your picture last night. I had nightmares. Glad you enjoyed them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home