Thursday, July 09, 2009

Comments and Answers

Although I always read the comments left on my posts, I rarely get around to answering them. What can I say? I suck at this, guys. So today I'm taking the time to go back and dig up all the questions you asked in the last month that I never answered. Feel free to leave more in the comment section of this post. But I'm cutting you off tomorrow (at midnight). A girl's got to have a life. Or so I hear. I think I need the time to FIND one.

Q. From
Blewknight on 07/07/09.
"2nd pic, the blue thingy next to the fish. WAY cool! What is it? I want one!"

A. Those are both fish charms. The light blue one (next to the dark blue one) is a miniature. My Grandparents got them for me in China. I can't find them in America. Which probably means they're painted with lead.

Q. From
Gramps on 06/30/09.
"Imagine all the effort spent fighting off the alligators and zombies. (Or do alligators and zombies cancel each other out?)"

A. Dude.
Zombie Alligators are no joke.

Q. From
Woman In A Window on 06/30/09.
"That sign...is it a quad tone? You could do just about anything in a quad tone and it would be pretty."

A. I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea what a quad tone is. If by "quad" you mean clicking on four different actions until I get a cool effect, then YES, I used a quad tone.

Q. From
Furiousball on 06/24/09.
"Why isn't hoop posting these?!"

A. Because Hoop is a pussy.

Q. From
Tawcan on 06/24/09.
"Maybe [you should] have a weekly Hoop Comic segment?"

A. Hoop's actually working on another comic right now. But they take him awhile to create. So we're thinking they might be a monthly thing.

Q. From
Niki on 06/23/09.
"Duff is a cutie!! What is he?"

A. Duff is a Rat Terrier. He's also very interested in the camera, which makes him a hard subject to take pictures of. Here's a picture of him as a puppy and again at two years old.



Q. From
Chris on 06/23/09.
"When is your line of gorgeous cards going to come out?! :)"

A. I love you Chris. You always push me to do great things. I should have some cards out soon. Hopefully. Depending on when I get some moolah. Lol.

Q. From
Chris on 06/11/09.
"Screw I Heart Etsy - what sort of goodies did you get at the bookstore?! :D"

A. I literally have a four foot stack of books to read. Here they are, my summer reading pile, in no particular order:

"Hope Diamond: The Legendary History of a Cursed Gem" by Richard Kurin
"Immortal In Death" and "Rapture In Death" by J.D. Robb
"sTori Telling" by Tori Spelling
"Quicksilver" by Neal Stephenson
"The Shack" by Paul Young
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
"Monkeywrench" by P.J. Tracy
"The Protector's War" by S.M. Stirling
"Passion Unleashed" by Larissa Ione
"A Lion Among Men" (Wicked 3) by Gregory Maguire
"The House Of The Scorpion" by Nancy Farmer
"The Halloween Tree" by Ray Bradbury
...and I'm sure I've missed some.

Q. From
Fiwa on 06/11/09.
"Did it have a shop kitty? A used book store is nothing without a shop kitty."

A. Oddly, they don't. But I think it's because this place is so enormous, a shop kitty might get lost or crushed or multiply without anyone ever noticing.

Q. From
Karen on 06/09/09.
"I like the leaning mailbox but I was really hoping for a picture of the neighbor's front yard swing set. Maybe you can fit that in next week?"

A. Would you believe, I went out to take a picture of it and it was gone! Either my neighborhood is even more ghetto than I thought and someone stole it, or someone complained and they took it down.

Got questions? Lay 'em on me guys.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 09 July, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" Frick! If that's not the smartest thing ever! I saw it last time I was at a bookstore (I only go about once a year...have i mentioned I live in bumfutegypt?) and I thought it was a)awesome b)a crying shame I didn't think of it.

Quad tones...yup, sounds about right. (Now that I think of it I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about but it sounds good and looked great!)

 
At 09 July, 2009, Blogger meno said...

What i really want to know is how ARE you?

Cute puppy!

 
At 09 July, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times in one night?

 
At 09 July, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Why don't you come visit anymore? :P

 
At 09 July, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

Is there any movie or book that can't be made better by adding zombies to it?

 
At 10 July, 2009, Anonymous The Beer Geek said...

I think you should have an Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Tink But Were Afraid Ask, blog post sometime, unless its already been done.

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

DUFF baby!

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Tink said...

Meno: I'm plugging along. Not great, but not horrible either. I tried out the housewife gig, hated it, and now I'm ready to have a job. Lol.

Knot: How many times do I what in one night? Pee? Usually none, unless I drank a lot before bed. You should be more specific. ;)

LL: I've been a bad friend and blogger these last four months! I'm sorry. I promise to try harder to make an appearance. You could always friend me on Facebook. I'm on there every day kicking ass in Mafia Wars.

Jay: I'm pretty sure if there had been zombies in "The Lake House" it would have still sucked. But everything else, YES. In fact, I think that should be every movie makers fall back plan if their storyline starts to fall apart. JUST ADD ZOMBIES. AND BOOBS.

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Aw, you're so sweet. :)

So what I want to see is Wuthering Heights and zombies... ;)

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I was first! Yah, me!! Thanks Tink!

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

So, where is the rest of the story on the zombie alligators??

Good job doing all the linking.

 
At 10 July, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

Oh my Lord, when I saw that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was coming out I almost peed my pants in pure ecstasy (which happens more often than I'd like to admit). I have to read it, but am too cheap to buy it. The library wait time will be months or years. If you were to loan me your copy when you're finished, I just might post some pictures of my grandddaughter!

 
At 11 July, 2009, Anonymous emily said...

Regarding the shop kitty @ chamblins..."A. Oddly, they don't. But I think it's because this place is so enormous, a shop kitty might get lost or crushed or multiply without anyone ever noticing."

That place is so enormous, *I* got lost and crushed (and may have multiplied) without anyone noticing!!!

 
At 11 July, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Have I not asked any questions?? How slacky of me...

Also I started an "Ask AJ" section and people have stopped asking me things. Why?? :(

 
At 13 July, 2009, Blogger the planet of janet said...

did i ask a question? if not, why didn't i?

 
At 13 July, 2009, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

The Shack is really good. I think I enjoyed it more than a lot of the books I have read lately...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home