Friday, June 12, 2009

I Heart The 80's

Hoop and I signed up for Netflix recently for the sole reason of renting 80's movies. Blockbuster has pushed most of theirs out of circulation. When Hoop started compiling a list of "must see" 80's flicks (The Last Dragon, D.A.R.Y.L., Greedy), I was ashamed to admit that I hadn't seen most of them. The ones I had seen were so dusty in my memory, I'd long ago mixed them together with other movies. We watched Cocoon last night and I kept confusing it with Body Snatchers. At one point I turned to Hoop and asked, "So is this the part where they shove the old people into the cocoons?"

What 80's movies are on your "must see" list?

Daily Etsy Picks:
Salt and Pepa Shakers (Ah-hahaha! Effing brilliant.)
Pacman Fused Glass Mirror
Vintage 1989 Super Mario Doll
5 Vintage Smurf Glasses

WTF Etsy?:
Coolits Roll-On Sunglasses (Not cool then... or now.)
Walkers' BBQ Chips Bag Magnet (WHY?)
Ninja Turtles Figures (Are they zombies? Don't stare into their dead eyes!)
Mr. T Egg Cosy

Have a rad weekend Homebloys!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 12 June, 2009, Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
Indiana Jones (original series)

If you want to see how cute Tom Hanks was when he was young, Bachelor Party.

Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
Purple Rain

...and then I got married and we were too broke to see movies.

 
At 12 June, 2009, Blogger BSOB said...

wow, so many. will try to remember now. one crazy summer, better off dead, stand by me, top gun, the lost boys, meatballs, stripes, roadhouse, gremlins, teenwolf, three o'clock high, beetlejuice, big, fast times, the goonies, legend, the money pit, pee wees big adventure, uncle buck, weird science, bev hills cop, tootsie, fish called wanda, the golden child, good morning vietnam, arthur, polica academy and who could forget flashdance

 
At 12 June, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

The Lost Boys. Real Genius. Valley Girl. Something Wild. Some Kind of Wonderful. The Breakfast Club. Pretty in Pink. St Elmo's Fire. Desperately Seek Susan. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Mr Mom. Raising Arizona. Blade Runner (Director's Cut). When Harry Met Sally. Victor Victoria. The Princess Bride. Sex, Lies, & Videotape. Willow. Moonstruck. Say Anything. Sixteen Candles.

Ok, I 'fess up - I checked an 80s movies reference site to refresh my memory. Um, yeah, mostly I ended up feeling old.

 
At 12 June, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Crap, how could I forget Better Off Dead?! "I want my two dollars!!!!" My brother forced my SIL to watch it before they got married. Heh.

 
At 12 June, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Damn... looks like Chris has got it all covered.

I'll get back to you on that...

 
At 12 June, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Oooo! Oooo!!! Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, uhhh...

Ok... I'll be back.

Wait! Terminator!

 
At 13 June, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

Wow, lots of good movies already mentioned - Little Shop of Horrors, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Lethal Weapon, Alien, anything with Michael Douglas from then, or Kurt Russell, Victor/Victoria, Muriel's Wedding... I would now have to consult a list, in fact some of those may not be strictly 80's.

 
At 13 June, 2009, Blogger Alex said...

Adventures in Babysitting. Classic.

I'll second Better Off Dead, Some Kind of Wonderful, Mr. Mom and The Princess Bride.

Ooh, also The Toy. And Big!

 
At 13 June, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better Off Dead
Say Anything
Back to the Future
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
16 Candles
Breakfast Club
Joe vs The Volcano
Big
Silence of the Lambs
One Crazy Summer
A Few Good Men

 
At 13 June, 2009, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

Sixteen Candles
Hannah and Her Sisters

 
At 13 June, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

I'm saying Princess Bride and forget all others.

 
At 14 June, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Major League...

Can't forget that one.

 
At 15 June, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

cause Walker's makes the most awesome chips!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home