Thursday, June 04, 2009

Etsyholic

Hoop started his new job on Tuesday. He likes it so far. But he won't really know what it is he does until he's out of orientation on Friday. There's a girl in his class who insists everyone call her "Muffin". Really. The big perk about this job is that it's only five minutes away from home. So Hoop comes home for lunch and I pause my chick flick long enough to make us sandwiches. Don't look at me like that. I watch while I'm folding laundry. I'm a little sad that I'm almost out of clothes to wash.

Hoop and I saw "Drag Me To Hell" last night. I jumped out of my seat so many times I think I can count it as butt aerobics. If you like gorror movies, this one is pretty good. It's a bit predictable and some of the scenes are downright corny. But it was spooky enough to give me nightmares last night. All I can remember is that it was the Apocalypse and I got nominated to grow food for the fallout. But all I could grow were RADISHES. So they threw me in jail... Rough.

Daily Etsy Picks:
Peanut Butter and Jelly BF Necklaces
Nebulae Bowl
Tug-of-war Game Sarubobo (I don't know why.)
Vintage Owl Saki Set

WTF Etsy?:
Leprechaun Larvae
Novelty Cookie Jar Breasts (It's not even food safe!)
Not George Bush Framed Embroidery (Thanks for clearing it up.)
Werewolf Throw Pillow

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Plenty of laundry here if you get bored.
I saw the TV advertisements for that movie and nearly got nightmares. I have to look away and put my fingers into my ears.... lalalalalala, I can't hear you!
I fell back asleep this morning after my dh went to work and had nightmares that I'd been drinking with people I didn't know, and who knows what else I might have done. Everyone was looking at me like I was really bad, because I was hanging out with these drunk people in my pajamas at 2pm and I couldn't remember anything.
It was a disturbing dream, and not just because I was comparing margarita recipes in my sleep!

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Ummmm... $145 for the Leprechaun Larvae? That is insane.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

My first thought was "All right, a werewolf throw pillow!" And then I saw it and thought, "WTF Etsy?"

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

I expected more from the Werewolf Throw Pillow. Maybe some abs or something.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

You should get Hoop doing bunch housework when he's home for lunch. ;)

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

I dunno, I like radishes myself....

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger meno said...

Hey, plenty of laundry here, come on over.

I don't understand the appeal of a movie that would cause nightmares.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

ummmmm, radish.

And after you said Muffin and then the only perk...well...it was lunch and I thought you were gonna say...

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger furiousBall said...

wait, Hoop is Oriental?

oh I hope Franki sees that

 
At 05 June, 2009, Blogger the planet of janet said...

my oldest son -- the absolute KING of scary flicks -- deemed that movie the scariest thing he ever saw.

i will take that under advisement and stay WAY far away!!

(yes, i'm a wuss)

 
At 05 June, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

I have a similar necklace to that first one...mine is peanut butter, my friend's is jelly, put 'em together, you have perfection!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fondofelves/2874141630/

I think the colon in that set would be a GREAT gift for my surgeon on the 18th!!!

That larvae is really creepy!

 
At 05 June, 2009, Blogger g-man said...

I can remember my wife coming home for "lunch" after we got married. Rarely were there sandwiches involved ;)

If you need washin' you can come and visit!!

You said butt aerobics.

 
At 05 June, 2009, Anonymous Mike said...

I like radish's. I'd bust you out of jail ;)

 
At 06 June, 2009, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

radishes aren't my favorite,but I don't think I'd throw you in jail for that...pretty harsh, indeed.

 
At 08 June, 2009, Blogger mrspao said...

Oooh radishes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home