Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Weekly Words Challenge 87!



The words for this week were Yellow and "In My Purse/Wallet".

How did you interpret them?

Yellow Wall



In My Purse
I was having lighting issues and these came out really lame.

My Aspirin jar almost didn't make it through customs. Oops.


I bought this ugly wallet back when I was a teenager because it was cheap and I was sick of throwing my ID in my pocket. I promised myself I'd get something nicer when it fell apart. It's still here...

(Other Random Photos)

Broken Gumball Machine


Dragonfly


Tool Box


Frankenstein Bench

Jeff's Grandfather built this bench out of necessity, an odd collection of drawers, hooks, loops and shelves. It was kind of sad that we had to disassemble it.

Lizard On Bolt


TNT Poo

Well, Oh-kay.

"I Like Your Bike"


La Caleta (The Creek)


If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. We also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Not only do you get to add "Lowly Foon" to your resume, but you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier. Happy snapping!

The "words" for next week are:
Lean (Multiple Meanings!)
and
3

Don't forget to check the comment section of the post below to see who else participated this week! I'll be by shortly to check them out.

Thursday: I Heart Etsy!


Labels:

20 Comments:

At 02 June, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Aww the froglet is so cute!! (I call them froglets sometimes).

The yellow photos are really cool. Your photos always look professional.

I'm hanging in there this week, I tried. :P

 
At 02 June, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

OMG I was really first??

 
At 02 June, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

Love the yellow wall, but I must confess my heart broke when I read "Broken" Gumball Machine. Dragonfly is a stunning capture.

 
At 02 June, 2009, Blogger g-man said...

I must say that the tool cart was just too darn cool, and the tool box was inspired. The dragonfly was a really nice shot too. And where else can you say "Lizard on a bolt", really? ;) Great job as usual.

 
At 02 June, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

Wow! Each of those pictures are so amazing. They are so clear and detailed.

And that lizard really looks like he likes that bolt.

 
At 02 June, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! And I covet your Advil container there.

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

Loving that Advil pic there, great use of depth of field.

I'm in a process of switching pic host from Smugmug to Flickr so unfortunately no pics for me this week. :(

(You should still swing by and say hi though)

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

That tool cart looks like something SuperDad would have made. It's too bad you had to disassemble it. :*(
Like others, I lurve the lizard on a bolt! TNT Poo cracked me up (can you tell I live with preteen and teen boys?)
I esp. like your first yellow wall pic.

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I've got to say I am suprised that they let your asprin bottle through customs, my mom had an asprin bottle that was small enough to fit in her purse (can you tell she doesn't carry a purse like I do?) and they threw it out cause it wasn't "properly labeled" and they wouldn't just open it to see that, hey look it's just asprin. Pricks. as for my purse I can also fit my hard cover copy of breaking dawn in that bag, it's amazing how much crap I carry around. you do need to get a bigger bag.

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

Quite impressive. I really liked your first yellow wall shot, and the dragonfly and lizard were very well done. You've got some skills.

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

LOVE that dragonfly! And...TNT Poo? ROFLMAO! The first yellow wall shot is wicked cool :-)

 
At 03 June, 2009, Anonymous Mike said...

TNT poo can also be called shart.

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

I'm a day late...you can beat me with a wet spaghetti noodle.

Hoop's singed arm hair had the same effect as nails on the chalkboard!

 
At 03 June, 2009, Blogger mamatulip said...

I like your ugly wallet. I'd probably buy it if I saw it in a store.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger fiwa said...

What Jay said...(insert Beavis & Butthead snicker here).

You always have the coolest pictures. I love that asprin thingy - now ya gotta tell us where you got it.

Love you!
fiwa

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

Ok I lied, I ended up uploading my WWC first before uploading the rest of my pics on Flickr. So... this week's pics are up on my blog. Not the best of my work but it's better than nothing. :)

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Hilary said...

There is always so much character and mood in your photography. I love the gum ball machine and tool box.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

Your photos remind me that it's time to get another lens for my camera...for better close-ups. Yours are always awesome.

 
At 04 June, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

That is sad about the workbench. It looks like there were a whole lot of happenings there over the years.

 
At 08 June, 2009, Blogger mrspao said...

Wonderful photos! I meant to join in this week but forgot :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home