Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekly Words Challenge 86!



The words for this week were T and "Not What They Seem".

How did you interpret them?

Table Umbrella


T


Tinkerbell Bell


Not What They Seem

Not really an obscene statue.


I found this up on the wall of a local B&B. Although odd (almost Dr. Seuss-ish), I thought it was probably supposed to be a serene forest scene. Maybe those deer are discussing the weather? Although that blue one looks a little evil. Then I got to the next tile...

Oh. Well I'm sure that's what guests want to think of when they're staying there, an evil blue deer getting caned by a hunter.

(Other Random Photos)

Carnival Ride


Pig Racing


Old Bricks


Burned Hair

Hoop got a little too close to the grill.

Darwin Fish


If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. We also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Not only do you get to add "Lowly Foon" to your resume, but you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier. Happy snapping!

The words for next week are:
Yellow
and
In My Purse/Wallet

In Other News:
Hoop starts his new job on Tuesday! I'm hoping that means I'll get back on a more routine blogging schedule. The last three months have been off, I know. I won't say I haven't enjoyed them though. The forced vacation was good for me (and Hoop). We got to be honeymooners. But it's time for life to move on. I just hope I can find a decent job soon.

Tomorrow: I Heart Etsy!

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

oh that hair one is gross!!!

The "not obscene" one made me laugh out loud at work :-) Thanks! the table umbrella is wicked cool and arty :-)

Mine's up!

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger furiousBall said...

carnival ride shot was my favorite

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger g-man said...

Nice shootin Tex.

I can smell the hair! Better his arm than eyebrows!

The Tinker-bell was clever, and the statue was funny! Well done. I hope you get back to work soon too.

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

Better give Hoop a measuring stick so he doesn't get too close to the grill next time. ROFL @ the statue pic.

My pics are up. Early this week too!

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

Way to go Hoop!

Our pictures will be up later today.

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Kinda amazing collection Tink!
I find myself a day OFF and will be posting an attempt at a clever entry tomorrow, a day late, a dollar short....

 
At 26 May, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoop is going to be a salami peddling sailor. I doubt most women could handle something that large.

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

Yeah, I laughed out loud at the "not obscene" shot, too. John had to come over and see. He then laughed and said something like, "Well, that's not too flattering...", and I replied that, on the contrary, it looked like something any man would be proud of. ;-)

 
At 26 May, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not obscene... NOW I remember the shot I was going to use!! *smacks forehead* Oh, well.

I esp. like your umbrella shot.
Poor Hoop (burnt hair) AND Hooray for Hoop (new job!!)

Mine are up, all archives this week. Because T is for Testosterone (dangit, I should have said that on MY blog) *smacks forehead again*

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats to Hoop!

Hmm. How many of those tiles are there? Maybe you need to write a book and use them as the illustrations.

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

Yeah, I LOL'd at that statue pic. Of course I did. I'm so predictable. ;-)

I love the table umbrella. Lots of cool angles there.

Congrats to Hoop!!!

I didn't play this week. I will make it up next week. I promise.

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Me said...

Love the Darwin/Jesus fish.

Good luck finding work. I wish nothing but the best for you and Hoop!

 
At 26 May, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

The umbrella looks like the one I gave my sister, really cool shot. Love the Darwin fish. Congrats to Hoop on the job. I will do double duty next week.

 
At 27 May, 2009, Blogger mrspao said...

Hooray for Hoop's new job. I love the statue picture :) Hope you find something soon.

 
At 27 May, 2009, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

Yay for new jobs!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the perfect one comes up for you. Where in the world did you get that Tinkerbelle bell?

 
At 27 May, 2009, Blogger LL said...

Seeing how you're "in the family way" now after these last three months of honeymoonin', you should probably get busy on the nursery rather than a job... :P

How's that for starting the rumormill? :ewink:

 
At 27 May, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

I've been so rottenly behind lately. :( I'm trying to stay afloat, but it's been hard.

I need to meet that dude!!! ROFLMAO!!

Great shots as always dearest Tink!

 
At 28 May, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Yay! Hoop got a job! Hope it wasn't as an arm model. If so, sorry for your loss.

I'm thinking those BandB people were Canadian. We ALWAYS behead our blue dear. It's just our thing.

 
At 28 May, 2009, Blogger Hilary said...

You never fail to amuse and impress. Well done as always.. great representation. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home