Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekly Words Challenge 95!



Sorry for the delay. Hoop started his new 1-10pm schedule yesterday and we're still adjusting. Then, when I was able to hop on the computer this afternoon, it started storming so hard our power got knocked out. But it looks like the cosmos are done having their temper tantrum. So without further ado...

The "words" for this week were Four and Fear.

How did you interpret them?

Four

...taken off of my new college parking pass! That's another reason I've been so quiet lately. If everything goes as planned, I should be starting classes this fall.

Fear

I have a fear of sharp objects. So you can understand how I felt when I found this roll of nails in our YARD.

(Other Photos)

Spider Web Strand


Swallowtail Caterpillars

They look like bird poop to deter other animals from eating them.



If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. We also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Not only do you get to add "Lowly Foon" to your resume, but you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier.

The "words" for next week are:
H
and
Fade

Happy Snapping!

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 28 July, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

Ding ding ding 1st to comment! A record!

Going back to school in fall? That would be exciting!

My pics are up, actually early this week. Also posted pics from last week's wwc.

 
At 28 July, 2009, Blogger geenalyn said...

congrats on going back to school, what are you going to be taking? I would love to be going back...but probably won't until fall 10'

 
At 28 July, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Woot! You go, girl! What are you thinking of studying?

Read yer romances while you can. ;)

 
At 28 July, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Your shots always look great... "FEAR" is my fav though that is cool!!!

Go easy on yourself Tinkster you're always worth the wait!!!

 
At 28 July, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

Back to school? Awesome! That's a great idea. Should be some great blog fodder too.

Oh and that degree thingy and all that too. Yeah. ;-)

Great pics as always! It sure would have hurt to step on those nails!

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger Hilary said...

Those are cool looking caterpillars and I quite like how that roll of nails looks. Congrats on returning to school. Good for you. :)

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger the planet of janet said...

school??? awesome!

 
At 29 July, 2009, Anonymous The Beer Geek said...

I found this weird yellow piece of "stuff" on my car the other day. I was about to try to get it off my car. Until I took a second look. It was... moving... It was mostly yellow with a little bit of black and quite possibly a caterpillar! So I let it be :)

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger LEA said...

Fabulous photos...though the "fear" one intrigues me! :x) I played too:
http://wolfsbanetea.blogspot.com/

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger Arabella said...

Is it wrong that, given all the beautiful photos here, what I really got out of this post was the word "cosmos" in the opening, which immediately made me think of downing an ice-cold cosmopolitan? Is it extra-wrong that it's 10:30 in the morning?

 
At 29 July, 2009, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

The only thing worse than that pointy metal thing in your yard is finding it while mowing over it. Yikes!

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger g-man said...

Study hard!

I'd be pissed to find the nails in my yard. Nice shot though! That is one freaky lookin' 'pillar.

I'll participate next week.

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

I hope we'll get our pictures up later this week. The Granddaughter went away again!

Hey, who doesn't like a good snack of bird poop?

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

I would have been ticked right off to find that in my yard, but it made a cool photo. Love the caterpillars.

Big congrats on going back to school in the fall.

 
At 29 July, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

hahahah they do look like poop! Congrats on going to school! What will you be studying?

 
At 31 July, 2009, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

School! Awesome. Good luck.

And the caterpillars? A little bit creepy looking but also very cool!

 
At 31 July, 2009, Anonymous emily said...

Just finished my program at your future college last week! I really liked the experience, and hope you do too! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home