Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekly Words Challenge 65!

The words for this week were Pine and Contribute.

How did you interpret them?

Pine Tree

You know what's even less fun than decorating your own tree? Decorating someone else's... on your lunch. I just keep repeating the phrase, "Job security".

That's our guard pooch. He's making sure no one steals the Christmas tree, yo.

Contribute
I meant to take a picture of all the supplies Hoop and I bought for the Secret Santa gifts this year. But things have been crazy at work. I never quite got around to it. Every year, we (Hoop, the boys and I) climb into the car on Christmas morning and deliver goody bags to all the people who have to work for the holiday. I think it's horrible that corporations like CVS and Walgreens take their employees away from their families just so idiots who didn't do their shopping in time can get last minute gifts. Do everyone a favor, don't buy anything on Christmas day!

(Random Photos)

Bored At The ER


Crusty, The Hushpuppy Man


The words for next week are:
Naughty
and
Nice

If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. Don't forget, we also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Plus, you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier. Happy snapping!

REMINDER: The WWC will be closing down for the holidays! December 23rd will be the last day for photo submissions until January 6th.

Daily Etsy Pick:
Wizard Of Oz Ornaments (Too bad they're so pricey!)

WTF Etsy?:
Redneck Christmas Lights
Hand sewn Kidneys
CaR Litter Bag (Apparently I can't read so good)
Large Silver Arm Ornament
Fish Monster Bone Barrette
Fetus Ashtray

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At 16 December, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

Crusty, The Hushpuppy Man took advantage of me once in college, I'll never forgive him.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

Oh my god... Crusty cracked me up!

I love your secret santa plan, I think that is the coolest thing.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Naughty and Nice next week, ooooh baby!
That is so very nice of you and Hoop and you're right--except for some emergency services, people should have Christmas off. HELLO! Have you heard of Scrooge?

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Yet another thing on my list that proves that most of the people who always want to fight the "Merry Christmas" v "Happy Holidays" thing on religious grounds are full of shit is that they don't protest companies that make their employees work on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day. Or at least have limited hours.

*steps off soapbox*

I think Crusty the Hushpuppy Man should be sold on Etsy.

And I'm really hoping that Next week's WWC turns into a "Half-Naked Tuesday" since one of the words in "naughty." LOL ;-)

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger YellowRose said...

Crusty is hilarious!!! Great photos, as always!!

I have to have those Wizard of Oz ornaments!!!

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger YellowRose said...

PS: You and Hoop are amazing and very sweet!! Love what you do on Christmas!

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger g-man said...

LOL At Crusty ... I'll have to send you the picture of Bread man.

Nice pooch.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

Yes! I'm going to start playing again for Naughty or Nice.

The cat litter bag is a car litter bag. It's still ugly as hell.

I love the ER photo and it was perfect timing because I was thinking THE ER was the only place that should stay open on Christmas Day. Luckily my nurse got the day off. The goody bags are a great idea. I think I'll do that this year with credit to you of course.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call foul on the Wizard of Oz ornaments. Where the hell is The Wicked Witch of the West? There is no OZ without her!

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Tawcan said...

For a second I thought that doggie was real. Great photos as always. :)

 
At 16 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Props to you, Hoop, and the boys for spreading Christmas cheer!

Crusty is a friend of mine...

Mine are up (finally)!

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Gordo said...

Tink, you rock. Secret Santa is an amazing idea. In fact, I blogged about it over at my place. ;-)

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

LMAO @ Crusty! Damn, he's HOT!

I'm with you. I never shop on holidays. They deserve to be home with their families, too.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

OK, somewhere there is a frustrated sculptor, playing with his/her food.

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Cool job there, and cool guard dog! :) Maybe I will be back in action next week, I still have not had time to do any photography the last few days.

We're all taking things one day at a time with my Dad and all, so sorry I'm out this week too. I'll try hard for next week.

:) Hope everyone is doing great... Love from AJ

 
At 16 December, 2008, Blogger Janet said...

LOVE Crusty, The Hushpuppy Man!!! ROFLMAO!

I played :-)

 
At 17 December, 2008, Blogger Me said...

Pine tree looks tops!

 
At 17 December, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

I totally heart all your "WTF Etsy?"! Seriously, I think "WTF" with each link I click!

Crusty rawks!

You're a good person, Tink. Your heart is way bigger than most!

 
At 17 December, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Tink, I love the tree even if it is a spruce ;)
I agree that other than essential services nothing should be open on holidays, no-one needs to rush out and rent a movie, or buy last minute gifts. I love that you go and make the workers days brighter.
Obviously your ER is overstaffed or underused, how else could you get a shot of so many unused chairs?

 
At 17 December, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

"Bored at the ER" is a great shot.

 
At 17 December, 2008, Blogger Gin said...

Crusty is great!! I love his sleigh or chair, or whatever that potato thing is. Very clever!

 
At 17 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crusty is awesome!

I love your Secret Santa idea. You guys rock!

 
At 18 December, 2008, Blogger Mike said...

Last night, I left something that looked exactly like crusty in the toilet.

Then I flushed.

 
At 19 December, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Crusty rocks! Very nice WWC. I have to start thinking about next week's words. Hmmmmmm

 
At 23 December, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

What's wrong with me? Crusty's potatoe diaper is looking mighty tasty!

 
At 02 January, 2009, Blogger mrspao said...

Happy New Year! I love Crusty the Hush Puppy man (I've never seen a hush puppy before so..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home