Friday, May 02, 2008

Arrivederci April!

April Hit Statistics:
1. The primary day for hits was Tuesday. Way to go WWC members!
2. The most popular hour being 2pm.
3. The top referrers were Jay and LL.
4. The most used search term was, "rude cactus." Wrong blog, dillholes.
5. My favorite search terms were "old fat bartenders," and "nude tractor."
6. The highest hit post (251) was on April 22nd, the first day of our new WWC
theme, numbers and elements.

30 Quirks For 30 Days:
1. I would rather not own the nicest of things.
2. I always end up worrying that I'll break them too much to actually enjoy having them.
3. I knew a guy who bought a car that was almost as expensive as my house. He would always park it at the back of lots, away from other vehicles. He'd wash it every Friday and wax it twice on Saturday. He carried a brochure of it in his wallet.
4. I used to joke that it should be penis shaped.
5. Eight months after he bought that midlife crisis car, a dump truck carrying gravel accidentally unloaded on the highway in front of him, destroying his cherry red paint. As it turned out, it wasn't something fully covered under insurance. I caught him behind his apartment one day with a bottle of cherry red nail polish.
6. He never bragged about that car again.
7. Have you noticed that the things we want to take notice of are almost always yellow (like school buses and post-it notes)?
8. Single women should wear more yellow shirts.
9. I can only take complaining for fifteen minutes and 32 seconds at a time.
10. I can almost always be bribed with cake.
11. Sometimes I find it easier to play stupid than to come off as a bitch.
12. I hate over-plucked eyebrows, errant clothing tags, and people who whistle while using the bathroom.
13. I love warm clothes, the feeling of six o'clock on a Friday night, and the smell of new books.
14. We just interviewed a young, pretty little thing to be our new promotion girl at work. You would have thought a celebrity was in the office by the way the guys were acting.
15. Sometimes men's brains remind me of fish in a bowl. You drop them a crumb and they scrounge to get it first.
16. I always did like watching fish.
17. The first time I ate sushi was on a blind date.
18. I hated it, which in turn made me hate the guy.
19. Oddly, I love the stuff now. Maybe it was just the guy I hated after all.
20. I used to read Hoop's ex's Myspace page.
21. That is never a good idea. NEVER.
22. Not even if you're bored and you hear she has a mohawk now.
24. I judge people by the bumper stickers they put on their cars...
25. ...more than the actual cars themselves.
26. Every time Hoop goes out with the boys for a drink, I make sure I'm matching him drink for drink at home.
27. It's no fun being the only sober one.
28. Unless your partner happened to be an alcoholic.

29. Would it be weird if I took pictures at my own wedding?
30. I wish I could pull off pink hair. That Esurance chick is hot!
*31. Who is the hottest cartoon chick ever? Inquiring minds would like to know.
*32. Ok, ok. MY inquiring mind would like to know.

Have an awesome weekend Homebloys!

Labels:

32 Comments:

At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Bob said...

Jessica Rabbit.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger J said...

Betty Rubble. No question about it.
As for pictures at your own wedding, why the hell not? Its your wedding after all. Do what makes you happy.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

I second Bob's vote. Betty Boop did have some nice curves though.

If someone complains for 15 minutes and 32 seconds then pauses to bribe you with cake, do they get another bitch session?

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

You could pull off pink hair, without a doubt. Although just to be on the safe side, it's probably better to wait until after your wedding. ;-)

 
At 02 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica Rabbit

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Yeah! I'm back to being your number one stalker. Uh ... I mean, referrer!

Judy Jetson was always pretty cute.

Jessica Rabbit is very sexy.

Hello Nurse from Animaniacs is pretty much of a fantasy.


You let people bitch for a whole 15 minutes and 32 seconds? You're a saint. I couldn't last that long. Even with cake. Okay, maybe ice cream. ;-)

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Lefty said...

What about reading blogs while using the bathroom? (Not that I'm doing that right this very moment or anything...)

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Whenever I read Hoop's ex's Myspace page, I get all depressed.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

So I'm assuming that you stand and listen to these "bathroom whistlers"?? HAHAHAHA

I think it was the guy and not the sushi...

I have ZERO bumper stickers on my car, what does that say about me??

I think the hottest cartoon chick that I was jealous of was either "Laura Croft (do video game chicks count?) Cuz my husband thinks she's hot, and I agree with Jessica Rabbit... I was always jealous of Daphne from Scooby Doo.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is the essurance chick. DANG! I want to know her.

~Jef

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

yeah yeah, Jessica Rabbit, and you're right about eyebrows--women shouldn't overpluck, and does Hoop know this about the cake??????????

 
At 02 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can take your own pictures...but don't you want to be in them too???

Don't scrimp on the photos! We had a family friend that was trying to break into photography do ours. He used the wrong kind of film or old film or...something and we have crap for wedding photos. My biggest regret ever.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband assures me that the answer is Jessica Rabbit. I just keep reminding him she is a cartoon!
He & I shared a camera at the reception, my stepfather took several rolls, and the professional took a ton the entire time. I'm glad we had the variety, esp. for the reception, because that is where personalities come out, and unless you KNOW the professional, he doesn't know who or what to take photos of. (But I was lucky, since my parents paid that bill.)
Offer me cheesecake, and I'll be your slave.

 
At 02 May, 2008, Blogger Mary said...

I say sure, take pictures....might be hard during the ceremony, but def. during the reception!

I agree with 11. I find myself doing that at work sometimes....

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Jess Riley said...

You were so sweet to come by today! Yeah, it's May 20. I'm freaking out.

I held my actual book in my hands for the first time this Monday...but I forgot to smell it! I need to go do that now.

The hottest cartoon chick: Cheetara? (or is that more 'cartoon cat')

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Why Tinkerbell of course... ;P

I wish more women that I come into contact with learned to use #11 too...

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger flutter said...

for SURE Jessica Rabbit.

We named our bunny jessica, after her.

I used to have pink hair, it was way fun

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Well, I went with purple hair, but I think pink would look good on you!

Betty Boop of course!

Sure, why not take some pictures yourself.

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I am going to buy me a yellow shirt tomorrow!

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Not sure what to respond to first, but are you always this funny? (I owe you a big compliment after your last one on my post!) But yes to bumper stickers although I try not to "judge", argh, but I laid in bed at 5 this morning listing all the poor fools I did judge yesterday. And then the not having the nicest...which comes in awfully handy when you can't afford it anyway!

 
At 03 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine. I'll go buy a yellow t-shirt today.

Ditto with reading ex-beaus' blogs. Just not a good idea. Especially when he starts talking about being madly in love like he's never been before and, gee, that's the same thing he told you...

Can't have enough wedding photos, because you will want to throw away half of them anyway. You want someone on the spot when the best friend of the nagging mother in law sits her ass on the food table and it collapses and everything crashes to the ground (no one managed to capture that at my wedding..). And I kept grabbing the cameras off the tables b/c people kept wanting to try on my veil and so it made sense to just have a series of photos of people in my veil...

My art director friend also took polaroids -- one of bride and one of groom -- and then took them around and had everyone pose with them. It was funny.

Guess it should be a one-size-too-small-t-shirt? If I get one with flames painted on it, I can take a picture of it for next Tuesday....

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Blank said...

I always thought Josie and the Pussycats were kind of hot.

Those people who buy expensive cars and a perpetual new car jitters kill me.

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger R.E.H. said...

Hey, I feel sorry for the dude with the car. But, I also laughed at the whole combo that it should be penis shaped, and that he waxed it twice every Saturday... enough of the explicit humor ;)

Oh, and the yellow shirt idea for single women would be awesome. That way a guy like me would know whether or not it's worth the effort!

 
At 03 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should just dip the ends in pink.

Yup.

There are no hot cartoons. I'm sure of it.

 
At 03 May, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

Hmmm - Ranma-chan (Ranma in his/her female form) is pretty hot (anime reference). Lots of hot anime characters, actually. :)

Bathroom whistling - better or worse than people who talk on their cell phones in a public restroom while doing their business? I find that intimidating AND annoying.

 
At 04 May, 2008, Blogger Jo said...

Wearing yellow makes me look like I have malaria :(

I was going to say Jessica Rabbit, but I think Catwoman from the old superheroes cartoon is sexier...she was wearing a leopard get-up & purrred racy things to Batman.

I love pink hair too.

 
At 04 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the blonde chick on Scooby Doo, but I think Jessica Rabbit sounds better.

 
At 04 May, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

Betty Boop.

And - he carried a brochure of his car in his wallet? LMAO!

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Christy said...

I maintain that MySpace is like a high school cafeteria. Everyone all up in each other's lunch bag. =o)

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Christy said...

Oh, and I always liked the Sailor Moon girls.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Allison Horner said...

yep. everyone has always loved Jessica Rabbit. fo sho.

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Amen to #13! And you look just like the esurance chick. Do the pink hair and I bet they would hire you to make public appearances. Ooohh new career opportunity that involves travel and fun. Just think of all the blog stories you would have.

 
At 04 June, 2008, Blogger jennyonthespot said...

#11 - yep. That's my fave...

Found you via blogtations - totally dig this list - and love the story of how you named your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home