1. I got tons of color this weekend.
2. Unfortunately, it was the wrong color.
3. It looks like I'm wearing a white bikini... when I'm naked.
4. Hoop was so uncomfortable looking at my skin that he had to administer the aloe with his eyes closed.
5. Hoop's paternal family came to stay Friday night, and then moved on to the drinking village Saturday morning. I never realized how difficult it is to house six people, especially when four are not part of a couple.
6. A big chunk of Friday night was spent arguing over sleeping arrangements. Hoop and I wanted Nanny to get our room, Aunt D to get the guest room with her daughter L, Dad to get the air mattress in the computer room, and for us to take the gigantic couch.
7. But I forgot what a bunch of martyrs Hoop's family is. Everyone thought he or she deserved the most uncomfortable spot, including Hoop's elderly Grandmother!
8. Further evidence of this: Hoop's Dad mowed our lawn while we were at work...
9. ...in 95 degree weather!
10. It wasn't because he was disgusted by our maintenance skills either. He just wanted to do something nice.
11. One of the oddest parts of the weekend was when the family attempted to drink our filtered tap water. They all swore that it tasted like sulfur. Hoop and I, try as we might, couldn't taste anything wrong.
12. Even at restaurants they said the soda tasted like sulfur. "It must be because of the ice cubes."
13. Then Hoop's Dad drank from a bottle of water and said, "This tastes like sulfur too!"
14. OK, we said, now you're just screwing with us.
15. But then we looked at the back of the bottle. "Source: Ginnie Springs." Which just so happens to be located two hours from our house!
16. Go figure.
17. Saturday night, the six of us piled into ONE hotel room.
18. I can't even begin to describe the crowdedness of that room. Let's just say, I got closer to Hoop's family than I ever expected I would. ;)
19. Sunday morning, we went to the beach. Which, of course, leads me back to the beginning of this post.
20. I put on sunscreen all day! But it didn't matter. Apparently, the only thing I've gotten acclimated to is our nasty water. Now I'm off to nurse my aching skin.
What did you do this weekend?
Tomorrow: The WWC!
Wednesday or Thursday: Good-bye Month
Labels: Weekend Recap