Monday, August 18, 2008

Return Of The Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap:
1. Yesterday was Chore Day. I worked on the house while Hoop begrudgingly mowed the lawn.
2. Sometime around three it started to storm.
3. I went to the back door to check on Hoop. I found him standing in the middle of the yard, open mouthed, as the rain poured down.
4. He smiled when I stepped out on the covered porch. "Could you bring me some soap and shampoo?" "Seriously?" "Yeah." "Ok."
5. I came back out to find him naked.
6. "This is the most exhilarating thing I've ever done!" He yelled, ducking his head under the mini-waterfall our eaves made.
7. I've come to the conclusion that weddings make people lose their minds.
8. Friday, Hoop's Mom asked if she could have some blank wedding invitations just in case she decides to invite her coworkers.
9. So now we're just passing these things out like Valentines?
10. I don't fucking think so.
11. Saturday evening, Hoop and I received our first wedding present... a Wii!
12. Actually, we bought it ourselves. But it was under my Mom's instructions, as she's the one who is going to be paying us back for it.
13. My Mom, the health nut, swears by it. Papa Bear lost five pounds playing with theirs.
14. Crap. I just realized I forgot to do the good-bye month post for July! I'll get to it sometime this week.
15. Friday night -Oof, this is all out of order- Hoop and I took my two younger brothers and their friend Lance to see "
Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
16. Lance wore a Darth Vader helmet.
17. Lil Bit wore a sombrero.
18. I'm not claiming it made sense.
19. On the way into the mall, a police officer yelled at Lance to take off the "mask". We tried to explain that it was a helmet and he was only wearing it in support of the movie, but the cop would have none of it.
20. Reason #982 why I don't like the police...
21. The movie was lame. It felt like one big advertisement for the cartoon coming out this fall. But I didn't care. The boys made it well worth the money.

So, what did you do this weekend?

Labels: , ,

25 Comments:

At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Michael Knight Rambo said...

That youngster may have been a terrorist. Police Nazis...always throwing me in the drunk tank or chasing me...

 
At 18 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An outdoor shower sounds nice. I keep thinking I should wash the car next time it rains. Sadly, whenever we have enough rain to wash the car, the lightning keeps me indoors. The car is very dirty.
I'm still trying to convince my youngest boy that the movie is too lame to spend money on. He just plain loves Star Wars.
I've seen a funny spoof of the Wii Fit, but we *do* love to play the Wii Sports stuff: boxing, bowling, baseball, etc., etc. Sadly, it hasn't improved my real-life games.

I helped our youth director paint their house yesterday. Which is weird, because I just paid someone to paint part of mine. Guilt abounds.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Peggy said...

Don't let yourselves get sucked into "the wedding vortex". Sounds like Hoop's ma is already spinning.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

i wore a darth vader helmet whilst reading this

and by "wore a darth vader helmet" i mean wasn't wearing pants

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

Would it have been too childish to ask the police officer to remove HIS mask?
I hope you joined Hoop in nature's shower. Or at least enjoyed a good show.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Showering in the rain is fun. Until the neighbors call the police. The police who have no sense of humor apparently. Pricks.

I've hear Clone Wars is really, REALLY bad.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger g-man said...

I'm guessing that you are getting prints of Hoop as Christmas cards :)

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

I hate Chore Day. I can put it off until things are dire and the Health Dept is en route.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

I can understand the cops reasoning, but he should have realized that three out of four weren't wearing masks, therefore your intent wasn't to rob a store or take anyone hostage.

Hoop's mom is starting the panic now is she?

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Wow... a weekend wrapup of complete randomness. I love it. :elol:

:ewink:

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Me said...

I want me a Wii!

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Janet said...

any pics of the shower, Tink? wink wink nudge nudge say no more ;-)

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Continuing to revel in your youth. Liking the shower in the rain. Don't think my neighbours would like me liking the shower in the rain.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Blogger Allison said...

1. I want a Wii too! [pouting] Whaaaaa!!!!! <-- Me having a tantrum.

2. Hoop. Naked. During a storm. Um, interesting. Tell him if it storms at next year's pig roast, I'll get naked with him. ;)

3. Dude, weddings are EVIL! You guys seriously should've come up to the pig roast and just got married here AT the pig roast. You could've exchanged vows while playing beer pong. Awesome.

 
At 18 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what... I just put another thing on my bucket list! Thanks Hoop!

So first ya get a PS3, and now a Wii? Yes, damn it I am completely jealous!

Had a great weekend with those crazy people! With the exception of a few disagreements, and a freaking long ass walk... Shamu rocked for sure!

 
At 19 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...the most interesting thing we got for our wedding was some satin sheets. They really stuck out from the blenders and toasters.

How fun to shower in the rain, did you join him???

 
At 19 August, 2008, Blogger Mary said...

Weddings DO make people crazy....

Jake wants to go see the movie, but it'll probably be a last fun summer thing to do right before school starts (they start on a wednesday, so it'll be perfect for Tuesday)

 
At 19 August, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

still waiting for MY invitation....

 
At 19 August, 2008, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

gary and I are coming to the wedding together ;)
I hate the po-po too, they got nothing better to do than to harass some kids while murders and rapist are running free. Great job there, officer.

 
At 19 August, 2008, Blogger ETK said...

weddings do make people crazy. but what I wanna know - is did you join him (in the rain)?

I hope so.


It sounds kind of stupid, but this actually helped me - just keep saying to yourself that it's all about you two. Over and over - when things get stressful. It will help (well, I hope it will help you - it helped me). It's about YOU and HOOP. NOT all this crap.

 
At 19 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with etk, Tink!
Its not about other people.

Its all about being Tink n Hoop :)
Not about what parents or anyone else wants!

 
At 19 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naked showers ... what will they think of next>

Knot

 
At 19 August, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - a wii for a wedding present. What a great idea!

 
At 20 August, 2008, Blogger meno said...

naked in the rain. Mmmmm.

I had a VERY NICE experience naked in the rain.

 
At 20 August, 2008, Blogger Christy said...

Aside for the movie being long we liked it. Braeden of course says it is a super movie and he is all about a Star Wars 5th birthday come October. =o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home