Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekly Words Challenge 81!



The words for this week were Home and Door. Many thanks to Jay for hosting in my absence last week! Have patience with me today. I have a lot of catching up to do and a four hour meeting with Worksource this afternoon. But I'll be by as soon as possible!

How did you interpret them?

George Washington's Home



Awesome Doorway


(Easter)





(Washington DC: Obligatory Tourist Photos)





(Washington DC: Wish Tree)


"I wish everyone would realize that we're all in this together."

"I wish for an endless supply of mustard."

(Washington DC: Other)

Nap


Ceiling (Library of Congress)


Vietnam Veteran Memorial


Korean War Memorial


Smithsonian Mural


Bender!


Cherry Blossoms


Coat Statue


If you haven't joined the fun yet, go
here for details. We also have a Flickr group for easy shareability. Not only do you get to add "Lowly Foon" to your resume, but you get to find out the new words at least an hour earlier. Happy snapping!

The words for next week are:
R
and
Angry

Tomorrow: I Heart Etsy


Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wow, a couple of your photos are so "perfect" that they look like boughten postcards!
And where the heck is that statue of the naked woman with the horse?

Looks like you had some lovely weather, lucky you! And despite having every second of your trip planned, you did get some wonderful pictures. :)

My pics are up:
http://kcinnova.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/wwc-81-door-and-home/

 
At 21 April, 2009, Anonymous gary rith said...

hey, who was the naked lady on the horse? that is in DC????
:)
mine are up, but man, your pics are awesome!!!!

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Janet said...

Dude that cherry blossom shot is amazing! And was that ox on the way to Williamsburg?

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

D.C. is just about the coolest place to visit. I would love to go there again. And probably again and again.

And that Coat Statue is way cool.

Great pics babe!

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Hilary said...

Beautiful photos as always. I particularly liked the wish tree, memorials, nap and bender. You have such a creative eye.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger furiousBall said...

what kind of bull is that, really neat looking animal

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Reb said...

Wow, lovely photos! Love the statues and memorials and that cherry blossom is perfect.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger g-man said...

What?!?! Hoop didn't grab the boobies?? I'm disappointed. Wicked good as usual toots. Welcome home again. Mine are up too.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Your pictures are awesome! I love the idea of the wish tree.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Betty said...

My, those are wonderful pics of D.C. I liked the wish tree, too.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger LL said...

An ox? A bull? You know... you need to post more pics of that animal, because if I can't tell the sex, none of the other commenters can either! ;)

Bender rocks!

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Gramps said...

Really, a statue of a coat? What the hell?

Also, our photos are up!

Welcome back Tink and Hoop.

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Wow so much to take in there!! Love the easter ones too... I'm especially drawn to the wish tree though it seems to promote "litter" in an odd way--hehe

We missed u bunches!!!

 
At 21 April, 2009, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

The Korean War memorial puts a little knot in my throat. And I wasn't even around when the thing was happening!

 
At 21 April, 2009, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

as always, your photos kick butt! I want a trip to DC now...

 
At 22 April, 2009, Blogger Tawcan said...

I was expecting to see Hoop grabbing those boobs lol. I reall liked that Vietnam Veteran Memorial pic. Oh and great find on that Bender pic! :D

Mine are up.

 
At 22 April, 2009, Blogger Terri said...

very nice D.C. photos Tink! Love them. I think I lost my camera right after I got back from NY, I'm bummed. I haven't participated in the WWC in 3 weeks or so. :o(

 
At 23 April, 2009, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

That bullish picture is awesome!

and nobody runs out of mustard! wtf?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home