Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Goodbye Riddance September

Around The Water Cooler:
Coworker 1: ...and then you add pine nuts.
Coworker 2: You add what?
Coworker 1: Pine nuts.
Coworker 2: Like, from a pine cone?
Coworker 1: No. That's just what they're called.
Coworker 2: That doesn't make any sense. Why would they call them PINE nuts if they don't come from PINE cones?
Coworker 1: Do walnuts come from a wall? Do chestnuts come from a chest?
Coworker 2: Well, peanuts come from peas!
Coworker 1: No they don't.
Coworker 2: Oh.

September Hit Statistics:
1. The leading countries for visits on my blog were the US and Canada.
2. The primary day for hits was Friday.
3. The most popular hour being 2pm.
4. The top referrers were Jay and EE.
5. The most used search term was, "bowflex grandma ugly face."
6. My favorite search term was, "tied deformed toes."
7. The highest hit post (273) was on September 22nd, the day I changed my blog design.

30 Quirks for 30 Days:
1. I often dream of snakes... worn as a poisonous collar, infesting the world, hiding in drawers in my room.
2. Most cultures believe snakes symbolize transformation.
3. Which leads me to believe I am always transforming.
4. But into what?
5. I have been known to call my kneecaps "Kneeballs" for no apparent reason.
6. Hoop has since adopted the term "Toeballs."
7. I call my camera "Cannonballs," or "Balls" for short.
8. We have a strange fascination with balls in general.
9. Admit it. They're funny looking... Like turkey necks.
10. Growing up, my favorite food was Shrimp Scampi at Red Lobster.
11. I liked it so much I'd drink the garlic butter when I was done.
12. When I was 9 I would fantasize about what my dolls were doing while I was at school.
13. Evidently there was a lot of naked kissing, because they ended up with SIX Troll babies. Then Jem dumped Luke for GI Joe and had a Pound Puppy.
14. I was a disturbed little kid.
15. Some of things I hate doing the most...
16. ...are the things that I am best at.
17. October is my favorite month.
18. September is my least favorite.
19. I once went to a palm reader at a carnival.
20. She told me there were too many lines in my palm. (WTF?)
21. Then she only charged me half.
22. I used to have 20-something journals in a trunk in my bedroom.
23. 10 of them were filled, and 3 by someone else.
24. I've only kept the ones I wouldn't be embarrassed about if I died and that's what people had to remember me by.
25. In 7th grade I thought "Dyke" was slang for "Girlfriend." As in a friend who is a girl.
26. THAT got ugly.
27. I'm still a closet nerd. Shhh. Don't tell anyone, internet world. OK?
28. Sometimes I get paralyzed by the fear that THIS is as good as it gets...
29. ...and I won't know it until it's over.
30. This might be the first time I haven't gone over on my list!
31. Yeah, whatever.

32. It's like getting birthday spankings. Just when you think it's over with, you get that damn "pinch to grown an inch" crap.

13 Comments:

At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Betty said...

Too many lines in your palm: Many years ago, I saw Dustin Hoffman on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and he talked about being an "old soul" and to prove it, he held out his hands, and they looked like the hands of a very elderly (ancient) person. Maybe you are just an "old soul". :-)

 
At 03 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You work with someone who thinks peanuts come from peas???? RUN AWAY, TINK. RUN FAR, FAR AWAY!!

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

October is my favorite month, too :-) I decorate a little bit for Halloween all month long.

I hate the "pinch to grow and inch," too, but the spanking is nice :-P

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I love saying balls, nuts and 'nads. But scrotum??? Who the hell came up with that? Must be a chick, because it's a word as lumpy and foul as a nutsack.

 
At 03 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't as good as it gets -- you haven't had kids yet. ;)

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Molly said...

Your 30 quirks are hilarious although I do not believe, not even for one second that the girl who created Tinkatude could be a nerd.

Also, at 60, I guarantee that this is not as good as it gets. Really, it gets better and better.

Thanks for stopping and commenting on our team blog, Mama Said, Papa Said.

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Heehee. Peanuts.

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

"24. I've only kept the ones I wouldn't be embarrassed about if I died and that's what people had to remember me by."

I've actually done this too.

This isn't as good as it gets. Please GOD don't let that be the case.

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Sah-weet, look at me sending you all those hits! ;) LOL

I'm shaking my head at the water cooler convo.....uh, yeah...okay.......

 
At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Um, has Coworker #2 been featured in other Watercooler Conversations?! Or do you just have a lot of exceptionally, um, special coworkers?!

Re: 28-29... um, I hope I didn't put "If I Had Known" on your cds...

 
At 04 October, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Jem didn't wind up with Rio???

 
At 05 October, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Coworker 2...WTF? How is this person alive and employed?


Kneeballs, toeballs..... We do a lot of that too. Earballs is one of my favorites. :)

 
At 05 October, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

You do realise by eating Brazil nuts part of the country falls away, don't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home