Monday, September 25, 2006

Rock The Vote

Over the weekend I got mixed reviews on the new blog-job... along with some insinuations that the positive feedback was from less-than-honest commenters.

*Cough*Thanks Pamer*Cough* hehe

So I decided to be fair, since you all will have to look at this almost as much as I do. Below are four different blog headers. You can click on them for larger views. The one with the most votes by Friday will be the winner.

Now hurry up and "Rock the Vote!"

Retro


Pickles and Cows


Tinkatude


Pouty Tink


Choose Your Favorite Header
Retro
Pickles and Cows
Tinkatude
Pouty Tink
Create Free Polls

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday night Hoop and I filled ourselves up on sushi and edamame before heading over to the local small-mall (or s'mall) to see "Jackass: Number Two."
2. Had I known there would be midget nudity and leeches on eyeballs I might have chosen a different dinner than eel.
3. We also made a pitstop at the car wash we could clean Hoop's Hoop-D.
4. Actually Hoop did all the washing. I hung out with a couple of old bikers by the vacuum cleaners.
5. They offered to give me a ride, but I didn't think Hoop would approve.
6. One guy claimed his bike cost more than his house. "It's equipped with AC, a TV, a CD/DVD player, and seat warmers."
7. To which I exclaimed, "That's a pretty expensive coffin you have there!"
8. Saturday we attempted to wash my SUV before heading over to my parents' house.
9. But I got fed up with the killing zone on the windshield and called it a day.
10. It's Lovebug season. The little bastards are so busy mating they don't even try to avoid cars.
11. And once squished they turn into a superglue like substance that won't come off despite odd mixtures of Goo Gone, Coca-Cola, Windex, and soap.
12. According to
THIS site: "The fatty tissue will cause pitting of the car's finish if it is not removed within a few days." F'n GREAT.
13. And: "Flies enter cars and sometimes drivers and passengers soil their clothing by sitting on Lovebugs." I'm sure the image I got was not what they intended to convey.
14. My grandfather from Arizona came to visit this weekend. He's a corporate Big Wig...
15. ...who was not at all comfortable with my family's country way of living.
16. He spent his time indoors watching football and golf while everyone else rode horses, gathered wood, repaired two broken gates, and sat around enjoying the sun.
17. We finally managed to get him outside once the sun had set and marshmallow toasting had begun.
18. We all took turns telling stories and making Smores...
19. ...and trying not to laugh as Mom yelled at Big Bit, "Quit trying to catch your farts on fire!"


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Objective

To gather firewood...

Value

...for a family campfire.

(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

A Little Coaxing


Perception


Nose to Nose


House Guest

23 Comments:

At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I like the header - it's cool to see your name in neon.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

Cool!!! You had a scorpion in your house??

((starts singing "Rock you Like a Hurricane))

Is your parents place a riding stable? The horses are beautiful. I ask because my family is heading to central FLA in Feb and a day of horesy riding would be pretty cool.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: Thank you. Did you rock that vote. ;)

Pamer: Hoop went after it with a steak knife and it attacked back with it's tail. The battle didn't end until Hoop had successfully sliced it in half... Bleh.

>>The horses are beautiful.<< Thank you! Annie, the one in the picture, is the apple of my Mom's eye (besides us kids of course). Right now they own three horses, and one isn't broken yet. But they could probably give me some names of a few good riding stables if you're interested.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Awww Tink, I like them all. Don't make me choose one.........ok, I will. But I like them all, they all have merit, you can change your blog look with your moods.

It's always funny when big wig corporate folk try to enter the real world. Lord have mercy if they get their shoes dirty.

Wow, I don't think I have ever said Lord have mercy before. Hmmm, interesting..........

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Ok, I'll publicly disclose my vote. I voted for Tinatude.

Is that your own artwork Tink?

I love the "Perception" picture.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

I agree with Newt that all your shots are GREAT!

Hoop's smile has so much energy and love behind it because he loves you, the photographer, so much :-) I can feel the heat from the fire, and horse/doggie kisses are SO cute!

I love that Big Bit was trying to catch his farts on fire. heehee

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Newt: Soon enough you'll be saying, "Lawdy lawdy!" hehe

Jay: The artwork I used is altered images from the Peter Pan movie. I felt a little safer stealing... er borrowing their stuff rather than someone's original art. But in the future I'll probably replace it with some of my own.

Graymama: Thank you! I love that shot of Hoop. It's so difficult to catch him in a genuine smile. It melts my heart when he does.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

...And I did not mean to imply that the images used from the Peter Pan movie are not "original." I just don't see Disney hunting down every Joe or Jane that's using their stuff. :)

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Molly said...

Oh no, I quit my personal blog; and now, I find out that we can have polls and votes. Now, I am jealous. Oh well, too bad for me. I had a hard time deciding between Retro and Tinkatude. Ha,ha, Tinkatude and "I Tink therefore I am," make me laugh...out loud.

Your pictures are great. Oops, I am jealous again.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, you're good. S'mores and doggie-looking-at-horsie, and a make-your-own poll with four different blog headers.....wow!

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger willi said...

That is so cool how the markings on the dog are similar to those on the horse, a matched set!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. It is good to be outside.

Love the pics gathering the wood and then the fire, awesome.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger gawilli said...

What was that song..."sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug"? I don't know which would be worse, but definitely don't like the job of cleaning them off. S'mores sound great tho - love the campfire, too.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Love your photos, espcially the camp fire picture. Just awesome.

I voted! It was hard, but I did it. They're all great.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

I love the photos - the one with the horse and the dog was gorgeous!

I voted for Tinkatude.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Betty said...

Love your photos. I liked all of your headers, actually, but I especially like your "slogan", "I Tink, therefore I am." Clever girl.

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Ok, #1 and #2 in your list had me LMFAO. And the dog and pony show? Too funny!

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Perception is AWESOME!!

 
At 25 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Lovebugs before and I'm kind of glad about that. They're gross.

And, uh, that house guest picture? Was that thing in YOUR house?

I voted. Can I tell you what I voted for? I'm all over the pickles and cows.

 
At 26 September, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Nice pictures. I love the perception picture. I've never seen a horses mane like that. Is it shaved between the real mane and the forelock? Or does it just grow shorter there?

I rizocked the vote as well. It was a tough call but I think I like Pouty Tink the best.

 
At 26 September, 2006, Blogger sheep#100 said...

I liked Pouty Tink best, too.

 
At 26 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Fa: No it's shaved. It's so the halter doesn't get tangled up, I believe. My Mom's thinking of giving her a full mohawk soon. :)

Mama T: That scorpion was hiding out near my computer tower. Hoop battled it out with it and a steak knife. It was a tough one, but in the end the steak knife won.

MJD: You got rid of your personal blog? Well what do go and do that for?

 
At 26 September, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

I'd be straight outside watching you ride horses, helping to build bonfires etc if I came too stay! Looks like great fun!

 
At 27 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love bugs! You must be near Florida! (I'm new to TinkTown)

I just came home from Tampa a few weeks ago and missed them, I think.

Great pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home