Monday, September 11, 2006

5 O' Clock Somewhere

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday night Hoop and I spent six hours watching the end of "Lost: Season Two."
2. And we haven't stopped picking it apart since.
3. Although WHAT we pick apart has been entirely different.

Tink: Maybe they've landed on Atlantis.
Hoop: HOW can you think Sawyer is cute?
Tink: Or maybe it's cloaked like the Bermuda triangle.
Hoop: He's funny looking, especially his chest.
Tink: Do you think Desmond's girl is in on it?
Hoop: He has weird definitions around his pecs. Like man-cleavage.
Tink: Did you just say "man-cleavage?"

4. We lowered the asking price for our house with the expectation that it would bring more people in over the weekend.
5. Not a single person showed up.
6. This sucks.
7. Especially since I went to the trouble of picking all my hair up off the bathroom floor... and from the sink, and in the tub, and off the mirror, and wrapped around the toilet dispenser.
8. Our bathroom looks like the stage for a Rogaine commercial.
9. Do you think there's much money in wig making?
10. No word on how the showing went on Friday.
11. But there weren't any bloody ankles left behind so I'm feeling it went well on our end.
12. Saturday Hoop and I bought bikes. I was thrilled.
13. Until my cooch started hurting from the seat and we got winded after half a mile.
14. Which means we're going to bike ride EVERY day until we're not pussies anymore.
15. My new slogan is, "What would
Foo do?"
16. After our bike ride we decided to reenergize with some Sushi.
17. Complete with a public chopstick fight...
18. ...involving me pretending to pluck Hoop's eyeball out with my wooden sticks...
19. ...and Hoop continuously questioning why they didn't just invent spoons.
20. Yesterday, while crossing the fort wall down town, we passed three fishermen. One stared me down and sang, "La la la, CAMEL-TOE."
21. The people here are disturbed.
22. Don't drink the water in Florida folks.
23. And for your information, the "toe" was not "cameled." Hmph.
24. We finally received a letter from Nash in boot camp.
25. The majority of which was a joke.
26. So I need a couple good ones to send back. *hint hint*
27. Last night we went to see
"Little Miss Sunshine."
28. Ok, I DRAGGED Hoop to go see it.
29. It was good. I give it one thumb up. If for nothing more than making me realize how dysfunctional my family ISN'T. :)


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Conserve


Perform


(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Unripe


Nature's Palette


Preparing The Cannon


"Cover Your Ears!"


(Oddities Around Town)

Odd Car


Odd Fountain


REALLY Odd Display


Oddly, Art.


Spam Mail:
Chock-full Seasonal from Monica Jimenez
Ecumenical from Simon Irwin Ecu-what?
Helping Revive Blanket from Cora Dubois
Additionally Carbonated from Jimmy Clemons

September Search Terms:
(What people put into search engines that bring them here)
1. bambi hermaphrodite
Alien is not alone!
2. weird roadtrips You can never have too many.
3. "his tighty" whities?

19 Comments:

At 11 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm LOL at your conversation about Lost...and about 'man cleavage.' Sawyer is TOTALLY HOT and is probably a third of the reason why I watch that show. I can't wait for the season premiere.

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Love the pictures! I've got my fingers crossed for your house.

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

Thanks for letting us check out your "grapefruits".

Re: Lost...Hurley is the one with the Man-cleavage LOL

We did the same with the bikes...we're still pussies...and the bikes sit, all alone and pathetic, in the corner of our shed.

 
At 11 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some weirdo called you CAMEL TOE? I would've plucked something of his out with chopsticks.

Hang in there with the house. It'll pick up again now that kids are back in school and we're in mid September. I can feel it.

PS What are those friuts?

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

Holy cow! How long did it take you to save all those dollar coins? You're probably the reason I've never seen one in real life.

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Your photos are AMAZING!

Hee hee, your Lost conversation was a wonderful twist on the usual female wondering how the male can find X supermodel etc cute!

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: October 4th girl! I've got it marked on the calendar. Sawyer is much yummier than Jack. Any appeal Jack might have had was shot by his annoying attitude.

Newt: Thank you! I need all the luck I can get.

Pamer: Hurley... man-cleavage... *Shudder* What's really horrible is now that the guy is rich enough to hire a personal trainer they probably wont let him because of his character on the show.

Jay: Exactly! Please tell me WHOSE butt could possibly fit on a regular bike seat? Because I can't even get one fourth of one cheek on it. Great joke! I'll be sure to include it. Any more?

TB: I think I was too shocked to react. And then, because you always think of what you "should" have done after the fact, I really wish I'd have pushed him over the wall. Pamer guessed it- the fruit pictures are of Grapefruit. These happen to be hanging from Hoop's Grandma's trees. Neat huh?

Katie: *Snort* I'll tell Hoop to stop hoarding them. We've been saving for about a year. It's our nest egg. We should probably transfer it to the bank soon.

Chris: I told him Kate was fair game. But nooooo. He had to keep picking on Sawyer.

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

WV: Atabogo = At a buy one get one.

WHAT'S at a buy one get one?! Shoot. Let me know if anyone gets the WV that completes this. Thanks!

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Good luck with your house. Fall's a pretty good time to sell, so hopefully things will pick up for you soon.

Great photos! I love the way you interpreted the words.

Here's another joke for you: Angus walks into a Scottish pub and growls at the bartender for a whisky. The bartender asks him what's wrong. Angus says, "Ya see that bridge? I built that bridge with me own hands! That bridge will stand a hundred years. But does anyone call me 'Angus the Bridge Builder? Noh. Ya see that house? I built that house with me own hands. That house will stand for a hundred years. But does anyone call me Angus the Housebuilder? Noh. But ya screw one goat!"

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

I just LOVE your Perform shot! It reminded me of all the hours of piano lessons I had and catching chicken pox from my teacher's grandson.

Thinking happy house thoughts :-)

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Um... man-cleavage? That's just too funny!

Sorry about the house situation :(

That really odd display is just WRONG!

 
At 11 September, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

I lurve me the Perform shot! Well done.

Sorry -- no good jokes here. Only the kind that make people groan with agony.

 
At 12 September, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Regarding the business with trying to sell the house, I feel—or rather have felt—your pain. You get to the point where you're thinking, "How the hell could have have lived in this place that no one else wants anything to do with?" Just when you can't sink any lower, some clown will waltz in, offer a "fair" price that's $20k below your asking price, and you'll be tempted.

I'm not moving again. They're going to have to scrub my suppurating carcass out of the carpet, 'cause I'm not going through that whole house hunting, selling, packing up my shit business again. Unless Turtle says so.

In response:

#15. Make small adjustments for comfort and then do what you're doing: ride 'til your butts toughen up.

#17-18. *spew*

#19. Because they're inscrutable, that's why. All part of the mystique.

#20. "La la la, CAMEL-TOE." Wow... that takes me back to the '70s, when jeans were tight and there were herds of camel toes. I stumbled across a web site, once, which was dedicated entirely to photos of camel toes.

And tell Hoop I said, "No, I don't have the URL."

 
At 12 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are 168 dollars.

 
At 12 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Foo: "How the hell could have have lived in this place that no one else wants anything to do with?" That's EXACTLY how I'm feeling! Part of me wants to throw up my hands and yell, "IM DONE." And then I realize, this house really is going to be too small one day and then we'll have to attempt it all over again. No thank you.

"Unless Turtle says so" LMAO. And thanks for the suppurating carcass image. Remind me to never eat and blog again. Bleh.

"And tell Hoop I said, 'No, I don't have the URL.'" He's going to be sooo let down. ;)

Anonymous: I'll have to ask Hoop what it comes to. He's in charge of the nest egg. For awhile he was even shining them! I think he was a Leprechaun in a previous life.

 
At 12 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man-cleavage...you have to have some if your man-boobs are big enough.

Oddly enough the company my wife works for raised the price of one of their houses and it sold. They couldn't get anyone to even look at it at the lower price. Go figure.

Love the pictures. Those were some hard words.

 
At 12 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it's 171 instead. Can you post photos of jelly beans in jars, and beans in fishbowls, and candy corn in plastic pumpkins so we can guess how many there are? Blogger bingo? Win prizes? You blog is just so much fun!

 
At 12 September, 2006, Blogger Freakazojd said...

Yay, piano!! (I know, I'm a geek.)
I love your photos - all of them - and I thought you did a great job of saying the words! And I have to say that I'm more interested in how long the "Conserve" photo took to set up than I am in how long it took to collect the coins! :)

 
At 13 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Kell: Thank you for the joke! I think Nash will really like that one.

Anonymous: That's not a bad idea! Maybe for the upcoming holidays.

Freakazojd: About 15 minutes the first time. Making something out of our stash was Hoop's idea. I came up with WHAT it would be. But evidently my money sign only having one line through it ($) looked funny to Hoop *eye roll* so we redid it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home