Friday, September 01, 2006

"I Pinch"

Hoop and I went out to the beach last night in anticipation of finding a good after-storm haul. The beginning of the night started off promising, Hoop found three sharks teeth in the first pile of shell we came across. After that it was nothing but miles and miles of smooth sand. Evidently the storm didn't bring anything in, so much as bury what was already there.

So we amused ourselves by duking it out with crabs.

Actually, Hoop duked it out. I stood there and laughed.

"I
pinch," he taunted one.

And then it chased after him and I ran the other way.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Do you know what I'd like to invent?
Tink: What?
Hoop: A shrinking device.
Tink: Oh yeah? And what would you shrink?
Hoop: A 12 pack of beer in a cooler. Then I'd stick it in my pocket and we'd take it to the beach.

Today's Spam Mail:
Roman Alphabet Constrict from Katie Flynn
True Appendage from Billy Chan

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:

The words for this weekend are...

Divide
Unite


I double-dog-dare you.

August Hit Statistics:
1. The leading countries for visits on my blog were the US, Canada and Australia.
2. The primary day for hits was Wednesday.
3. The most popular hour being 2pm.
4. The #1 referrer was tied between Newt and Alien.
5. The most used search term was, "Poet Nymph."
6. My favorite search term was, "exposed girlfriend blog." Although, "Hoop is pregnant" will always have a special place in my heart.
7. The highest hit post (202) was on August 23rd, the day I wrote my retraction.

31 Quirks for 31 Days:
1. I loathe the word "Diva."
2. The decorations people put on their vehicles amuse me.
3. Like the car I see around town that is covered in bumper stickers. So much so, you can't even tell what kind of car it is.
4. HOW are they ever going to sell that?
5. I have a vibrator that I never use...
6. ... because it has a face on it.
7. I swear to you, it looks like Mrs. Butterworth. *shudder*
8. I was once best friends with a girl whose parents strongly believed in reincarnation. They claimed they had ways of telling what/who they'd been.
9. Of course their former selves were always someone notable. The mother had been a Celtic warrior. The father, a famous scientist. The daughter had been an Egyptian princess, killed by a serpent placed in her bed.
10. Give me a fucking break...
11. To their surprise, I told them I also knew who I had been in a previous life.
12. "Annie, a lowly slave who got hit in the head by a clay pot and killed at the tender age of 13."
13. They weren't amused.
14. P.S. That was not a racist comment as I did not say what race or time period my former self was in. So there.
15. I have a jewelry box full of nice baubles.
16. Yet I wear the same two sentimental pieces every day: my family ring and the sapphire necklace my Mom gave me on her wedding day.
17. I would rather walk around naked than without them.
18. I believe most people dream about things they fear so that they can know how to handle them if they happen in real life.
19. I rarely have nightmares...
20. ... because I worry myself to death while I'm awake.
21. Like this mixed CD I'm currently making. I'm on the 8th edition and it STILL doesn't flow how I want it to!
22. Oh yeah... and world hunger, pollution, the economy, etc. etc.
23. Big Bit stepped on my toes last weekend and busted one of my nails clean off.
24. So I super-glued it back on.
25. Sometimes, while Hoop and I walk the beach at night, I am overcome by this childish fear of the ocean's waves.
26. First they roar. Then they rush up from the black to devour your feet like some fairy tale monster.
27. One of my happiest memories is making out with Hoop in the ocean, under the brightest October moon I'd ever seen.
28. That night the anticipation and fear of those kisses overrode my fear of the ocean monster.
29. I have a screen saver...
30. ...in my head.
31. My favorite liquor is Rum.
32. Which probably means I was a pirate in a previous life, not a slave.
33. Arg.
34. Or a pirate's slave!
35. One of these day's I'll learn how to stop at 31.

Pickled Beef will be closed on Monday, September 4th for Labor Day.
I could post. But I plan on being drunk... all day. You should try it out. Have a great weekend!

18 Comments:

At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Just so Hoop doesn't turn the shrinking device on and put it in his front pocket.

I love how people always believe they were someone so special or great in a previous life. I'm pretty sure in a previous life I was a pretty regular guy.

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Oh yeah, and have a great 3 day weekend. Being drunk for the entire day sounds like a pretty good idea. I might try it myself.

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

"The daughter had been an Egyptian princess, killed by a serpent placed in her bed."

What a dork. She's simply copying me. That's what I once was ;)

I hope your toe's better. Ouch!

A pirate's slave, huh? :) What another coincidence. Or so it will be on Halloween.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 01 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a damn good CD you got goin' there.

Yeah, I know what I'm talking about.

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: There better be an enlarging ray to put it back!! I wish you lived closer. We'd get you rightly liquored up... And I promise the black mail pictures wouldn't get leaked out for at least a week.

Mike Y: *Snort* I bet you were a cute princess.

Mamalujo1: I hope so! Because I'm done messing with it. It goes out tomorrow. :)

 
At 01 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That commercial kind of freaked me out -- the crab's eyes kept blinking and it was weird. LOL.

Yeah, "Hoop is pregnant" is special to me too. ;) And I'd never use a vibrator that looked like Mrs. Butterworth. *shudder*

Have a great LONG WEEKEND!!

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

I know I am going to regret asking this but what is duking?

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger EE said...

LOL at Hoop wanting to shrink his 12pk of beer to put in his pocket. Hell, that is a GOOD idea!

Yeah...."Hoop is pregnant" is awfully tough to beat ;)

Have a great three day wkend Tink, I think I may join you in drunk fest Monday...sounds like a stellar way to spend the day!!!

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Yeah...Mike has a 'thing' for Princesses....snort! ;)

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Oh yeah, that business about always being a reincarnated notable. Heh. Whatevah.

I'm going to have nightmares about Mrs. Butterworth now. Thanks a lot.

Sometimes when you can't get the mix to flow right, you need to make a second mix.

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

"I peench." One of my favorite ads.

I recently referenced this in one of my comments on another blog. The blog's owner had no idea what I was on about.

I like your reincarnation story. It sounds like my genealogy. Seems like most of the genealogy researchers I know claim to be connected to someone really famous. All my ancestors were humble German dirt farmers.

Except my dad's second cousins, twin brothers who were mad scientist proteges of Timothy Leary, in the 1970s. I had no idea until I found them on a bunch of conspiracy theory web sites while googling.

In my former life, I think I must've been one of those athletic shoes that you sometimes see lying by the side of the road or slung over power lines.

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

A psychic once told me that in another life I was a nun in Ireland loved by children during the potato famin. That's when I knew she was off her rocker. Yeah, like I was ever a nun. Sheesh!

 
At 01 September, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

You can't tell me, even though you were mid-make-out, you weren't thinking about sharks. Well, if you weren't, I am. And I have nightmares and daymares.

I love rum, but for some reason rumncokes make me gag. Maybe I was a pirate's vomit pail.

 
At 02 September, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Um... thanks EE! ;)

And Tink... I was ;)

 
At 04 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw the "I Pinch" ad until I saw it on your website. So clever! I love it when commercials are actually intelligent and funny.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

The vibrator with a face is creeping me out just knowing it exists.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Shrinking the 12 pack is genius. Could it also shrink the hangover?

 
At 05 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoop really needs to start following through on some of his invention ideas. He would make a great mad scientist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home