Monday, August 21, 2006

Strange Events

On Friday night I took a coworker out to celebrate her 30th birthday. It was all pretty uneventful... until a man dancing at the bar we were in had a heart attack. It took the paramedics five minutes to get there and four to revive him. Nine minutes... I can only hope he made it OK.

On Saturday I was stalked followed around by a mentally disabled gentleman while I was grocery shopping. I wasn't worried so much as creeped out. I called my Mom for company.

Tink: Mom, there's a mentally disabled guy following me around Walmart.
Mom: Well zig zag or something and try to lose him.
Tink: He's not an Alligator!

I'll be damned if that didn't work though.

See what happens when Hoop's gone?! Wait... Strange things happen when he's NOT gone too.


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Fantasy

I had a (paranoia induced) fantasy that this was a snake coiled in my bug zapper.

Reality

In reality, it was a tiny lizard with a big attitude.

Reality

My white birthmark

Fantasy

In my fantasy world it looks like an elf. He's usually holding a heart-shaped balloon in his right hand (your left). But seeing as I'm barely tan enough for him to show, the balloon has been rendered nonexistent by my day glow.

(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Mood Lighting


Sick Advertisement


Sweet Dreams: Last night I had a dream that Hoop's Mother invaded our house will twelve orphans, who acted more like feral cats. When Hoop came home we ran around looking for a quiet room to have an overdo rendezvous in. When we finally found a room where children weren't hanging off the fan or tearing at the wall like wild animals, we fell on each other in relief. The sex was amazing... up until the point where Hoop came creamed corn. I stared for a minute before telling him he should get "that" looked at. To which he calmly replied, "Just hand me a towel."

Remind me never to go to bed hungry again.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
(During a phone call)
Tink: What are you doing now?
Hoop: Well, Nash and I just finished having a few boats on the beer.
Tink: Boats on the beer huh?
Hoop: I mean-
Tink: -And how many boats have you had dear?
Hoop: Enough not to want to get back on the beer again.

Days Til Hoop's Back: 3

20 Comments:

At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Okay that dream make my stomach churn. Thanks chick.

Only 3 days--you can make it alive! YAY!

the convo reminds me of the time when I was 16 and told my friends mom (at her wedding) that I'd only had 3 bottles (meant glasses) of champagne. And then they let me drive to work. And that was after other questionable stuff happened in the car. Oops started rambleing...

WTG on loosing the guy at walmart. Those stores are so damn big, I knew you ould do it :)

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Your WWC pics are great! What a cute little guy.

The Daily Hoop Conversation today had me in stitches!

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I can't believe you shook that guy with just a little zig-zagging. PFFFFFFFFT Amature!

That was a very, VERY strange and hilarious dream. Cream corn? *snort*

Great pics too.

 
At 21 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never much liked creamed corn anyway, but I'll be damned if I'm ever eating it again now! That's even more bizarre than some of the dreams I have, which is saying a lot.

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

"just hand me a towel" LOL classic

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Love the elf birthmark. I have a heart on my wrist.

Eeeww - luckily we don't get creamed corn here in the UK!

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger eric said...

my son has one of those discolorations on his kneecap. it looks so cool, i wish i had one.

zig zag. that's funny. did you really call him "mentally disabled?" that's pretty pc while on the run.

e+

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mary: Doesn't everyone lie about how much they drink? Or forget? It's probably the latter now that I think about it.

Chelle: Thanks! I had the hardest time getting close without scaring him.

Jay: Amateur? Ah! Alright, let's hear it. How WOULD you have lost him? :D

Mamalujo1: I love corn and I don't think ILL be eating it ever again either. See how well I share?

Pamer: The sad part is, I'm not altogether unsure it isn't something he would say should creamed corn ever come out of his...ahem.

MrsPao: You should post pictures. We'll share birthmarks.

Eric: "did you really call him 'mentally disabled?' that's pretty pc while on the run."

Oddly, I did. I was too afraid he'd hear me calling him otherwise and attack. In situations where there are large blunt objects like hams and turkeys about, it's probably best not to piss off the person stalking you.

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

You know, corn goes in corn and comes out corn, too :-P

ROTFL! about the towel.

Great pictures, as usual :-) The mood lighting is my favorite.

Cool birthmark!

That child sign is quite disturbing! What director let that happen?!

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

I think I just went off creamed corn forever.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I am slowly rejoining the land of the living, having puked up more than three times my body weight in the past week.

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Urrrgh! I can never eat creamed corn again.

That is one cute little lizard, by the way.

 
At 21 August, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Yeah, I have to agree, I'm off cream corn for a while :-)

Your pictures are awesome.I love the lizard.

And your hoop conversation had me rolling.

You do so make my day!

Oh, and come on up, I'll take you to Doc's tattoo shop for that elf. Though I also see potential for some flowers, vines, etc. Or, now that I look at it, I think we could turn it into a cool Tinker bell.

 
At 22 August, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Yikes! I'm going to have nightmares about your dream - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

*makes mental note about evading alligators*

 
At 22 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to get to your blog last night and it was all sorts of fucked up. Glad it's back to normal today. :)

I love the birthmark.

 
At 22 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creamed corn is definitely on my "do not eat list" after that. Thanks a bunch, Tink. How am I supposed to explain my refusal in front of the kids if MDW ever serves it at the dinner table, huh?

 
At 22 August, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Mentally challenged: I had the same problem years ago, when I was playing in a sand volleyball league at a local bar. She wanted to marry me and somehow seemed to know my schedule. I later found out that one of the bartenders thought it would be hilarious to let her know what nights I was playing league games.

I'll never tell where he's buried.

Creamed corn: Girlfriend, next time you think of telling me how weird my dreams are, stop and reconsider.

As if Turtle didn't have enough trouble finding vegetables I'll eat, now corn's off the list.

 
At 22 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. Creamed corn. If I weren't already a swall..... oh, never mind, tmi :o)

 
At 22 August, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Man, I have tried forever to comment and your blog is hating me, lol.

Loved the pics, that sign is HILARIOUS!

Your dream...WTF?!

The weirdo following you that you were able to lose by zig zagging?!?! LMAO!!!!

And your convo w/ Hoop...I can laugh bc I've been in his shoes. Snort! Yes have another boat ;)

 
At 22 August, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Your fantasy / realilty shots are excellent. I like that it was the same thing, just from a different angle. Life is like that a lot of the time as well. It's just hard for people to see all the angles.

Love the birthmark. At least your's in interesting. Mine just looks like a turd.

Creamed corn...I laughed so hard my face turned purple.

 
At 23 August, 2006, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

Hmm, I could use a sign like that for the front yard today. Do they have one advertising free seven year old second graders, too?

The Hoop Convo is WONDERFUL! I love those slightly beery misspeaks.

Cool birthmark. Cute lizard. Fucked up dream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home