Friday, August 04, 2006

Last one out...

...lock the door.

Pickled Beef will be closed for business from Monday August 7th through Sunday August 13th. Last vacation of the year! Feel free to raid the fridge, just leave my beer alone. I'll miss you!


Last night I shooed Hoop out the door to go "play" with Nash while I got some R&R and went to bed early. That was the plan anyway. Instead I stayed up cleaning out my computer and making peanut butter cookies. The boys came home around 10:30, shortly after I had crashed out on the couch, and spent the rest of the night drinking and doing God knows what else. I woke up at 3:30 this morning to a very quiet house.

"HOOP?" "NASH?"

I walked around in a daze, staring into dark rooms as if to catch them hiding. But I was all alone in the house. The car was there. There were 18 empty beer bottles on the coffee table. But no Hoop or Nash. I went outside and yelled their names. Only the neighbor's dog cared to answer. So I sat down on the concrete slab, resigned to the fact that the
Langoliers had eaten them. And of course that's when they decided to reappear.

Do you know where they were? Walking. They were out walking, DRUNK, at 3:30 in the morning. What the hell? After sitting outside with them for five minutes I realized they were not in the least bit tired and all too happy to chat my damn ear off. So I shuffled back to bed and tried to clear my head of the murmurs from the TV and two overgrown children in my living-room.

Hoop didn't even open an eye as I kissed him good-bye this morning. So I carefully leaned over our bed and whispered to him:

Tink: Hoop? Hoop, wake up for a second.
Hoop: Hmmmm?
Tink: Where's Nash?
Hoop: *Points to the bed he's laying in*
Tink: He's in bed?
Hoop: *Points to our bed again*
Tink: Nash is in OUR bed?
Hoop: *Smiles and nods*
Tink: Isn't it kind of crowded under there?

And as promised, Nash's video of the Sea Lion at the Georgia Aquarium who fell in love with this little boy's blue car. And to the parents of said sweet child... PLEASE don't sue me.

LINK

I'll post pictures of my birthmark when I get back, hopefully with a little more color to highlight it with. Have a great week!

24 Comments:

At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I guess drunk walking is better than drunk driving.

Have a great vacation. I don't know how we will survive without you for a whole week. We will do our best to get through.

Have a great time!

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

A whole week without a Tink fix???
Have loads of fun! We'll miss you.

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Oh man, you're gone for a week then I leave for a week right after you get back. What will I do for 2 weeks with no Tink?

Have a great vacation!!

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Have a good time! And all week we're going to be sitting around, thumbs up our butts, goin, goddam! Can't she just get home already so we can see that birthmark!

(I don't know why my computer won't play the video, but that picture is really disturbing...)

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I take it someone didn't have to work today?? Lucky him!! Have a great time on your vacation!!

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: Good point. Still... When I get drunk I pretty much grow roots to wherever I'm sitting. Or lying as the case may be. hehe

Newt: I'll miss you too. I promise to bring back tons of blog-fodder. Who knows, I might even get a chance to post sometime next week. No promises though.

FA: Damn it. We need to coordinate our vacations better next time!

Mignon: LOL. Now that you mention it, that is kind of a disturbing image! Did you try clicking the play button in the middle of the picture twice?

Heather: Hoop is currently jobless until he graduates next week and finds himself work. Lucky bastard. Although I don't envy the hangover I'm sure he had this morning. ;)

 
At 04 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get the video to play...since you're going to be gone for a week, dammit, I'll come back and try another day. :)

Have a good vacation! I'll miss you.

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I Can't get the video to play either! Damn! And it looked nasty too.

Have a great vacation. I hope you are taking Hoop with you. I don't think he should be left home alone.

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

OK, I think I have the video feed fixed. It was taking something like 4 minutes to load before. If it doesn't pop up after clicking the play button then click the picture again to bring up the You Tube site. I've taken it off "private."

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

That video is adorable, thank you for sharing.

Have a great last vacation of the year.

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

BTW, your video seems to have blown out your template. It's pushed everything on the right down to the bottom. this is an easy fix.

In Edit post go into "edit html" in the embad code for the video change "Width" from 425 to 395. And change heighth from 350 to 320. That should put everyting back like it was. You might have to hit reload when you check your blog before it looks right.

Unless you don't mind everything on the right being down at the bottom in which case just ignore this comment. :-)

Oh yeah, and I'm using Mozilla on a Mac, so it might just be me too.

Have a great vacation.

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: Really? It looks normal to me. I made sure to take out the width code before I embedded it. Does it look funny to everyone else too?

Geesh. This video is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth! :)

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Maybe it's just me? For some reason everything, text and pictures on every post below this one is centered on the page and all the stuff on the right is down at the bottom.

but, it's not that big of a deal. As long as I can read your posts, I'm happy!

 
At 04 August, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Actually that "blue car" is a Thomas the Tank Engine. Wow Buddy watches too much pbskids, or is it me watching too much?!

Have a great vacation! You will be greatly missed!

 
At 04 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little boy is almost as cute as the Sea Lion. He really loved that blue trucke!

 
At 05 August, 2006, Blogger EE said...

That video is awesome. Too cute. (Oh and LOL, graymama, I was thinking the same thing I instant I saw that it was a Thomas the Tank Engine)

Have fun Tink, you will me MISSED!!!! But you deserve a get away!

 
At 05 August, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Whoa, your blog layout has gone insane. I can send you screenshots when you get back, if that would help.

Have fun! And, um, was Nash really in your bed? Weren't you in that bed sleeping, too, at one point?? I'm confused. Wouldn't you notice that two people had crawled into bed with you??

 
At 05 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG cutest thing ever. I want one.

Have a blast and I'll see you soon!

 
At 06 August, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

SO Cute!!

 
At 08 August, 2006, Blogger Brooke said...

GOOD GOD that's cute! Hope you're having fun!

 
At 09 August, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

That video is awesome.

I hope you're having a wonderful break!

 
At 10 August, 2006, Blogger Rock said...

Wow - I like this idea of going on vacation from the blog. Of course I just get busy or forget or have writer's block (actually it's more than that) - but this is the second time I have come back and you're on vacation - almost had to do a double take. Okay well my bad. See you when you return. Hope you're not flying anywhere.

 
At 11 August, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Have a great time - love the sealion!

 
At 11 August, 2006, Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Hurry up and come back. I need humor!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home