Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pour Me Another

Top this. My really bad morning started at 5:00 yesterday evening.

It ended with me covered in sand and raging about a trash can three hours ago. The sand was from trying to run to my car, ten minutes late for work, in four inch heels. I landed hands and knees first. The Coke I was holding rolled off somewhere. I didn't think about it again until after I kicked the car and drove off in a huff.

I still feel bad for kicking the car. It didn't do anything.

Then I got to work and realized someone had stolen my trash can. They couldn't have just USED it? So I went off to steal someone else's, which is probably how this all began in the first place. None of this would have happened if I'd been able to catch up on sleep yesterday instead of mowing the lawn in 93 degree weather. I might have gotten a chance to play with my camera too, instead of blowing it kisses on my way out to pull weeds.

And while we're talking about should'ves, could'ves, and maybes... It would be really great if Hoop's back would fucking heal already. I love the man. I'm not trying to sound unsympathetic. I hate seeing him in pain. But me wearing the pants AND the skirt in this relationship is getting a little old. Ever seen
Victor Victoria? It's a great old Julie Andrews' movie about a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman.

I feel like her.

Today's Spam Mail:
French Toast from Susie Camp Which reminds me of that drunk chick on 40 Year Old Virgin
Unduly Corrosive from Paula Reyes
Sandwich Attack from Robert Less

5 Minutes Of Random Thoughts:
Start. How can you get "more for your money" if everything we buy keeps getting smaller and smaller? I have to use my fingernail to dial the numbers on my cell phone. They tried to fix that problem by having voice activated phones. I thought it was really handy until I got a cold and it kept trying to dial "Bob" or "Job" instead of "Mom." And speaking of phones, do the pull out antennas on them actually DO anything? Or are they there just to make you feel better? A ploy to make you feel like you're doing something productive instead of simply wandering around yelling, "I have full signal. I think it's your phone... No, I really think it's YOUR phone. Maybe you should move around. Hello? HELLO? I can't hear you now." By the time you actually get a connection do you even remember what you called for? Or care? What really pisses me off are people who drive while talking on their phones but obviously can't do both. It irritates me almost as much as people who give you dirty looks while using your phone in Barnes and Nobles. It's not a LIBRARY. Would you give me the stank-eye if we were in Walmart? No, you'd be too busy trying to get the hell out of there before the rednecks trample you on their way to the discount racks. End.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: The bartender can't hear me over all the noise.
Tink: Here, lets pass him a note. *Writes on napkin*
Hoop: Are we back in middle school now?
Tink: Hand this to him.
Hoop: No way! It's in girl handwriting.
Tink: You're CLOSER.
Hoop: Fine. *Passes it to bartender*
Tink: He nodded.
Hoop: Do you think he understood?
Tink: Yeah.
(Five minutes pass)
Hoop: Maybe you should write him another?
Tink: And ask what?
Hoop: Um... "Did you understand the last note? Check yes or no."

19 Comments:

At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Oy. Your day is going worse than mine.

I had an old boyfriend with a back injury. He couldn't get out of bed and needed everything done for him. NOT fun. I sympathize with you, woman!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I am sorry to hear about your bad day. I've certainly biffed it before, but not from heels.

And... I've done the trash thing too. I figured I was just doing my part in the whole cycle of trash can life.

It irritates me almost as much as people who give you dirty looks while using your phone in Barnes and Nobles. It's not a LIBRARY. Would you give me the stank-eye if we were in Walmart?

I love that!!! I hate those looks and I think the same thing. It's not a library.

Um... "Did you understand the last note? Check yes or no."

Well did he understand?

And I don't blame you about the mowing. I ruptured a disk while doing some heavy squats and my spotter took my knee out with his. I was pretty messed up, but I don't recall ever having Chelle mow the lawn. Now, she did have to use the vacuum during that time.

But me wearing the pants AND the skirt in this relationship is getting a little old.

You've got a couple of choices on this one. You can stop wearing one. Or get him to wear the other.

That last comment was supposed to put a smile on your face. But if you're day is still getting progressively worse, it may just piss you off. I hope this isn't the case.

Hey, get him that lawn chair, for sale sign, and you know the rest. That shouldn't be too stressful on the back.

I hope your day gets much better.

Take care,

-Mike

 
At 20 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto Mike Y.

And what happened at 5 last night? Is that when you went out to landscape? Next time take your camera with you - it is amazing when you will find thing to photograph if you have it with you.

Are you going to name it/him/her?

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Sorry to hear about your crappy day!! Sending you good day vibes!!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I think every office in the world plays musical trashcans ... and musical staplers .. and musical tape dispensers and ... well you get the idea.

Be patient with Hoop and his back, unless he agrees to move a friends refrigerator or something. I have injured my back several times. Each time you hurt it, it makes it easier to hurt it again. The lat time for me was lifting a laundry basket. It took a year before it got better!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Arabella: I don't mind playing nurse for a little while. It's when it becomes a permanent second job that it wears on you.

Mike Y: There wasn't any need for a second note. He came back with drinks and the check soon after. I think it was the football shape I folded the napkin in that delayed our service. Next time I'm going with the standard paper airplane. hehe

You didn't offend me. But you did give me some strange mental images of Hoop in a skirt. I think we need to start adopting you and Chelle's dare philosophy!

Odd Mix: 5 is when I got off of work and right back into work. We own a push mower so I couldn't really take pictures. But then again, I didn't think anyone could use their camera while sleeping either *cough*FA*cough*.

I haven't decided on a name yet. I'm going to wait until we're better acquainted. :)

Heather: Thank you! I need all the good vibes I can get.

Jay: I'm not mad at Hoop! I'm just mad at the situation. I know he can't help this. I'm just so tired of doing everything.

And I guard my Swingline with my life.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate days like the one you're having. I hope it gets better. I hope it IS better. I hope you got another Coke.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling it will be getting better soon. Hopefully by the time the mail runs.....

(P.S. thanks for the comment.)

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger eric said...

my wife mows the lawn and i cook. so maybe i wear the shorts-skirts hybrid thing.

really the fact is i get a lot of exercise and she wants to get more.

i love that girl in the movie ... "let's get some fuckin' FRANCH toast."

i also like ... "you can still have sex with me if you want to."

e+

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: LOL! I really was upset about the damn Coke too.

Mamalujo1: The mail runs?

BTW: How far do you think I could get if I mailed myself somewhere in a box? Would it be cheaper than a plane ticket? There's your random thought for the day. ;)

Eric: I'd pay to see you in a skort! I love that movie. Hoop and I have been quoting the "Franch Toast" one for about two weeks now.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Erik/Tink: Another alternative and some of my ancestors would argue a more "manly" alternative to the skort is a kilt.

Now, what you have under is entirely up to you.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I meant Eric. Sorry about that.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Hoop: Um... "Did you understand the last note? Check yes or no."

LOL!!

Sorry your day isn't so hot. Hope you get to play with the new camera sooooon!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Whoa, seriously sucky day. But that Hoop conversation totally rocks!!! So - did you ever get the guy's attention?!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have sand too. It's the bane of my existence. How do you keep it out of your house?

PS You are funny and Hoop is funny, but together, you're hilarious.

 
At 20 July, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Hoop should try out some acupuncture. It works wonders! If I had finished school instead of having Buddy, I would needle Hoop myself.

It is hard to do almost everything yourself. Hang in there!

 
At 20 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

victor victoria is one of the best movies of all time. your speaking of it makes you, by association, a damned fine individual. you have achieved damned fine individual status in honestyrain's book. such is not an easy thing to do. therefore, congratulations!

 
At 21 July, 2006, Blogger EE said...

OMG...LMAO, that convo w/ Hoop at the bar, over the note totally made me LOL....funny stuff.

 
At 21 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still laughing...."Check yes or no"
Ha, ha, ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home