Geena the Devoted
Geena is a living canvas: always being stretched in different directions, constantly changing, an inspirational piece of art. She's a stay-at-home Mom with four adorable little youngsters, and a mountain of responsibilities. And yet... She still sets aside time for blogging.
Kind of makes you feel special, doesn't it?
A friend of mine once called me crying. It was her son's third birthday. "I don't know who I am anymore!" She wailed. I didn't understand at first. "I used to be this lovely, vivacious, ambitious woman. But I'm not anymore. I'm just, 'Mom.' I'm really not complaining. It's just that I woke up this morning and I realized... I don't know where that woman I once was went."
Being a mother means sacrificing:
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan
It's time consuming:
"A mother who is really a mother is never free." ~Honore De Balzac
"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." ~William Thackeray
But it shouldn't be the ONLY thing you're known for. As well as Geena's deep devotion for her children and as a fellow blogger, there are qualities that make her an individual that deserve to be noted and admired. Geena is sweetly sentimental. She's a tad bit finicky about what she eats and the order of her house. She's a citizen of three countries, and one hell of a good story teller. And I never get the impression that she's "lost" sight of herself, which is amazing. When you get the chance you should go visit her blog. Tell her you think she rocks.
I certainly do.
Geena, thanks for being not only a wonderful mom BUT a wonderful woman too.
1. A clothing company.
2. The name of a yummy drink.
3. A pizza restaurant. You might want to start asking for that paycheck, girl.
4. A hot pair of shoes.
4th Of July Recap:
1. Nash's girlfriend left yesterday morning.
2. She told him, "Choose me now or take me home!"
3. So he asked her which bus line she preferred.
4. I keep expecting her to pop out of the bushes somewhere...
5. ...and ask me what Nash has been up to in the 24 hours she hasn't seen him.
6. In which case I'm going to throw my purse at her and run.
7. You laugh. But she's a big girl. I seriously think she could hug me to death.
8. Hoop, Nash, and I went to the beach to watch the shuttle launch yesterday.
9. I was so blinded by the sun I just pointed my camera up and started snapping.
10. And then my eyes started watering. I had mascara on, so they started burning and I couldn't stop crying until we got back to the car.
11. Along the way I heard a tourist comment, "Look how moved that girl is!"
12. I'm sure his kids thought he was stupid too.
13. Last night we all went down town to celebrate the holiday with the masses.
14. It's a huge production, with a barge and fireworks over the water.
15. One year the wind shifted and set the fireworks over the fort where everyone was sitting. It literally rained fire.
16. I got hit in the ass as we were all fleeing.
17. It bounced off without doing any damage.
18. There were no such mishaps this year.
19. I was kind of disappointed. I wanted to show off my "Buns-Of-
Rockets Red Glare
Space Shuttle Discovery Launch
Bombs Bursting In Air
Our Own Woodstock
(Some random pictures)
Hoop's First Horse Ride
That. Poor. Dog.
Hoop Quote Of The Day
"She wasn't exactly the sharpest bulb."
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Hey babe... *Nods toward the bedroom*
Tink: It's twelve o'clock at night, I have to be at work in six hours, and I'm tired. What makes you think I want THAT?
Hoop: You're wearing matching underwear!
Tink: And that's... logical?