Monday, June 26, 2006

Shits and Giggles

Weekend Recap:
1. On Saturday, Hoop and I proved we can have fun just about anywhere.


Fun at the feed store.


Hoop, gone country.

2. Although we might have embarrassed my Mom a little bit...
3. I probably shouldn't have taste-tested all the salt and mineral cubes.
4. And Hoop shouldn't have been chasing me around with a six inch horse needle.
5. But to be fair, it was Papa Bear who twirled the pooper scooper around proclaiming it looked like a "satellite dish."
6. Did you know they make trading cards for professional bull riding?
7. I went horseback riding for the first time in ten years on Saturday. It was like riding a bike...
8. ...a very hungry bike who likes to stop and eat trees.
9. Grandpa's in his 80's. He went horseback riding for the first time in his life.
10. The ride went well, up until the point where he slid off.
11. He's fine. Although I don't know how anxious he'll be to go horseBELLY riding again.
12. Hoop and I went out drinking at our favorite dive on Saturday night.
13. I said I wasn't drunk. But I DID go upstairs for a drink with a friend and forgot to come back down again.
14. By the time I found Hoop again someone had puked on my shoes, spilled a drink in my hair, put a cigarette out on my ass and passed out right in front of me.
15. And people wonder why I don't go out much.
16. Hoop and I had great plans for Sunday that included the beach, lunch, and possibly the flea market.
17. We never left the couch.
18. And then it started raining.
19. So we laid around all day watching the Health Channel...
20. ...and shows on obesity.
21. And then we went over to Hoop's Grandparents' house for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
22. Which is kind of disturbing if you think about it.
23. Before dinner Hoop's Mom and I ran to Home Depot (AKA my second home).
24. Where Hoop's Mom introduced me to someone as, "Hoop's fiance."
25. To which I responded by scratching my face with my BARE left hand and smiling.


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Hunger:

A drunk's view.

Satisfy:

An old wish granted.

(Some random weekend pictures)

Multicolored Zoo

Dedicated to
Momma T and her huge metal chicken. These really ARE in someone's yard.

Jigsaw Elephant


Lounging Around


Daily Hoop Conversation:
(While watching a show about a 750lb man)
Tink: Is it bad that this show is making me hungry?
Hoop: I'm pretty sure it has put me off food for a couple days.
...
Hoop: Next is a story about a girl who's slowly turning to stone.
Tink: I thought it was about that paraplegic who's pregnant.
Hoop: No, that's after the special on medical mysteries.
Tink: The one where that girl is screaming to be put out of her misery?
Hoop: Yeah.
Tink: Jesus, this channel is DEPRESSING!
Hoop: And yet, we watch it...

Not Far From The Tree:
Alzheimer-Grandfather: What are we watching?!
Hoop: It's called "The Family Guy."
AG: Well why the hell can't I understand what they're saying?
Hoop: That's because they were doing-
AG: BRGLMUDBLEHBLAHDURGDLRG!
Hoop and Tink: ...
Tink: What did he say?
Hoop: I have no idea... What did you say Grandpa?
AG: I said what I heard.
Hoop: Oh! That's because they were doing a joke in Spanish.
AG: Does this look like SPAIN to you?!

18 Comments:

At 26 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the elephants! They are so cool.

Sounds like a good weekend...fun on Saturday, recovering on Sunday. Good times.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

I wish you and Hoop had your own reality show. I would love it even more than I love watching all those medical shows.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

"By the time I found Hoop again someone had puked on my shoes, spilled a drink in my hair, put a cigarette out on my ass and passed out right in front of me."

Well, looks like you had a busy night.

Love the pics. The one of grandpa on the horse is sweet.

I don't watch the "freak" shows, but I do watch the Trauma and Life in the ER shows.... While eating dinner.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Turtle said...

Nowwww I remember why we quit going out to bars and parties...buncha sick drunks. THAT I can do without, thank you very much.

Love the dog vegging on the couch. Our cat Bek does that. Of course, Foo always yells at him to get off it.

I agree with Grandpa. This isn't Spain! Speak English dammit! Grandpa, I don't get "The Family Guy" half the time either. Of course, Foo doesn't get me half the time either, so I guess we're about even over here.

So...did you get a replacement for the bunny? How about some rechargeables to go with it?

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Party Party. Glad you survived going out!
Smooth move on the showing the non-existant ring--you rock!

 
At 26 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6. my kids had the complete set at one time.

14. Did the cigarette ruin your pants/skirt?

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

I slid off a horse once too. We walked back from the beach together. And apparently provided a good laugh, him with a saddle hanging under his belly, and me with lots of beach debree in my hair.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger EE said...

LMAO...uh, sounds like a pretty good wkend. I'm not sure if you really want to go back to that dive you talked about, lol, come out here I'll show you a better place to go. ;)

I can't believe someone has those staues in their yard?!?! Huh.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Um...fiance. Does Hoop's Mommy know something that you don't?

McD's pic: IT ROCKS! I love the shooting in that one.

Gpa on horse pic: *wipes away tear of sentimentality*

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: I knew you would appreciate them! :)

Arabella + Rude Cactus: I just don't think I could fit into todays market. I could start practicing though. Here I go...

"Is 'Chicken Of The Sea' Tuna or Chicken?"

"Buffalo wings? Buffalo's don't have wings!!"

10 Brownie points: Who am I?

Jay: WHILE eating? You're a skinny fellow aren't you? ;)

Turtle: No replacement bunny yet. I'm still mourning. That and the toy shop down the street is a scary scary place.

Mary: *Bows* Thank you!

Chris: Eww. Good point. I don't think I'll ever sit on that couch again.

Odd Mix:
6. No kidding! That's too funny. I had no idea such a thing even existed until this weekend.

14. I learned a long time ago not to wear anything nice to those kinds of places. I wear thick denim jeans instead, the ones that have outlived everything else I own. There was a little singe mark, but nothing burned through.

Newt: You're supposed to get back on! Although I think I might have walked it back myself lol.

EE: Believe it or not they're trying to sell them too.

>>I'll show you a better place to go.<< I bet you could. We'd have so much fun too!

Chelle: That or it's just wishful thinking lol. She's already told Hoop he better not do anything to lose me. No pressure Hoop!

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I love that response, "Does this look like SPAIN to you?!"

And my poor, poor wife chelle is losing it. It probably doesn't help, though, when I log in and leave comments under her name.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

There is some English in that bit on the Family Guy. Who could miss all of the well placed Giggity giggities?!


Love the drive thru picture! If you replace the sign with Del Taco and make it a stoner's view, that was me at 2am in college.

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Brooke said...

I watch that depressing channel all the time. Some good stuff on there. ;)

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

All of your pictures are great. Are those elephants really in someone's yard?!

 
At 26 June, 2006, Blogger Sue said...

Hunger picture is awesome- I love the blur and I knew right away it was from the drunk hunger at 2am that you were looking at the golden arches. Nice!

 
At 27 June, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

"And Hoop shouldn't have been chasing me around with a six inch horse needle." So that's what they're calling it around your parts (so to speak) these days?

AG: "Does this look like SPAIN to you?!" My thoughts exactly.

Far too many gems to comment on. When I see how much material you get out of—well, I hesitate to call them mundane—activities, it makes me think I need to start carrying a note pad. Or one of those really small tape recorders.

 
At 30 June, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

playing catch up --

I love the feed store pictures. Tractor Supply is cool isn't it?

What a cute horse in the satisfy picture. Is it a paint?

 
At 30 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

FA: LMAO. I was just thinking, "How the hell did he know we were at the Tractor Supply store?!" And then I saw the logo on the hat. I almost asked you to pick my lotto numbers.

All of my parents' horses are paint. It wasn't even intentional. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home