Monday, June 12, 2006

Another Blip

I could blame my absence on Friday to Blogger's irritating antics. But to be honest, I don't know why I didn't post. I didn't even try. As of late my life has become a series of chaotic blips. I feel like I'm jumping through time. *Blip* It's Saturday. *Blip* I'm driving somewhere? *Blip* I want to pull over and splash in some farmer's wet field. *Blip* The alarm is going off for work. *Blip* I'm at the coffee pot, wondering when I put on clothes. I feel like the guy in Garden State. Only, sometimes I'm not the person sitting on the couch as the world whips by. Sometimes I'm the madness itself.

Weekend Recap:
1. Evidently kid friendly paint is only friendly on kids.
2. On concrete it becomes indestructible, able to defeat the power of Goof Off, Concrete Cleaner, and Turpentine...
3. ...Not to mention one pissed off house owner wielding a Brillo pad.
4. The transmission on my Mom's car went berserk as we were driving around town Friday.
5. So I told her to pull into a parking space.
6. Which of course we couldn't back out of once we were in.
7. Hoop and I worked on the yard Saturday. I learned many valuable lessons that day.
8. You should never walk behind a weed-eater.
9. You should always mulch AFTER you use a blower.
10. If you stick a hot plastic cup over the top of a fence post it will constrict once it cools down and get stuck.
11. I'll give you one guess which mistake Hoop made.
12. The house I made an offer on (with the view) just backed out of our contract.
13. I had a dream it was going to fall through.
14. I also had a dream my dog was bit by a snake that turned into a cat when Hoop stomped on it.
15. So I don't put a lot of faith in the things I dream.
16. The good news is, my current house is finally going on the market Wednesday!

*Scream* Blogger just went down again. This is ridiculous. Once I get some free time I'm going to follow
Momma T, Odd Mix and MrsPao's lead and kiss Blogger good-bye. I'm not partial to riding on sinking ships.

17. I met a guy who bragged he had three girlfriends.
18. Which reminded me of my Dad, who had six girlfriends when I was 11.
19. Their names were Cheryl, Carol, Sheryl, Carol, Sheryl, and Denise.
20. I was a very confused little kid.
21. My father was even more confused. He always described the relationships as "platonic."
22. It took me twelve years to realize he thought "platonic" meant they weren't serious.
23. Last night Hoop and I related stories of our mischievous youth.
24. I realized no matter how much I feel like I can relate, there's a HUGE difference between little girls and little boys.
25. I would NEVER have dared my friends to poop on a plate.


Contest courtesy of The Odd Mix:

Feminine:


Masculine:

My "guy" shoes

Masculine Vs. Feminine:

I told Hoop I wasn't going to make his side of the bed anymore...


...or fold his clothes.

(Some random weekend pictures)

Fan Flowers


The Vultures Wait



DOT: Twisted Tink has been updated with a new chapter. It's called "Into the Fray." If you've been following along, it's not a chapter you'll want to miss. Let me know what you think!

17 Comments:

At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I don't know if it's better to be the blur or the one on the couch watching the blur. Probably better to be the blur.

So how is it that some guys have six girlfriends at once, when I rarely even have one? Totally not fair dude.

Great pics. Love the vulchures, that's hilarious.

Sorry the the house fell through. You'll find another, I'm sure

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Oh Tink! Sorry about the house. Not meant to be, I guess.

I love your guy shoes!! All of us girls need a pair (especially for mowing the lawn).

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

That sucks about the house :( I'm bummed for ya (((HUGS))) You will find the perfect place, I just know it!

Im glad you never dared anyone to poop on a plate....

 
At 12 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you. Work is slow so that's why your counter will show how often I checked in. I kinda had a feeling you just weren't up to a post friday. Hope all is well.
I'm reading through Twisted Tink. Cool

 
At 12 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the house, Tink. It just means something better is waiting in the wings for you. :)

Good luck this Wed. when your house goes on the market!

I love your pictures; you've got real talent there, girl.

 
At 12 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite the weekend. I'd like to tell you that the next house that comes along will be so much better...but I still mourn the house that we didn't get 9 years ago. sigh...

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: "So how is it that some guys have six girlfriends at once, when I rarely even have one?"

Yeah, but these girlfriends aren't exactly le crème de la crème Jay. They're the girls who are either to dim to realize they're being played or they're too trampy to care. You don't need/deserve either.

Wordgirl: I believe Odd Mix said they transfer your archives and everything. Am I right Odd?

Chelle: Well thank you! I'm just trying to stay hopeful. As far as the shoes, mowing is exactly what they're good for. My ambition is to get them absolutely green. :)

Mary: I was too grossed out to ask if they'd actually done it. :)

Mamalujo1: You're so bored you're reading Twisted Tink? Well gee, thanks I guess hehe. Let me know if it's total crap OK? I know you'll be honest with me. I'd like to know if I should trash it and start with something new.

Mama T: Thank you! Hoop keeps telling me we're going to win the lotto soon and then I won't have to worry about it. LOL.

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Susan: Omg. That doesn't make me feel BETTER! LMAO.

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Hmm - I thought the masculine picture was actually feminine/masculine, because your legs are so pretty. I love that picture. And it cracks me up the you and me both get in such a huff about making the bed when it just involves pulling up a duvet. HONEY! I AM NOT MAKING YOUR SIDE OF THE BED ANY MORE!!

 
At 12 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Wednesday...that's when the real insanity begins. You'll be blipping all over the place.
Hang in there, it won't last forever, besides, you start to get used to it after a while.

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Awww, sorry the house fell through. That sucks.

And girlfriend, I HEAR ya...I felt like entire last two weeks has been a 'blip' for me too.

Hang in there.

(holy cow...'gevmfoyx'...)

 
At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

I love ya, Tink. You always make me laugh, pause, and go "WTF?!" That's powerful stuff, baby. Great photos!

 
At 13 June, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Bummer about the house. Can you still get it?

Love your headboard. Hate Blogger.

 
At 13 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the house.

I've got to ask this - does your dad have a thing about the name Cheryl/Sheryl? Or was it me or was there a serious lack of imagination in that town when it came to girl's names?

(laughing) Is there a generation of Debbie's or Eunice's after that .... !?

 
At 13 June, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Sorry to hear about the house falling through. I'm sure there's an even better one just around the corner.

The vulture picture is really cool. I wondered if vultures ever landed on old folks home signs. I imagined it would be ever so creepy.

 
At 13 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the "Guy Shoes" picture best.

I am sorry about the house. How does one "back out of a contract" without penalty?

I know what you mean about the *blip*s.

 
At 13 June, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Sorry about the house! When we moved into our current house (our 3rd choice), I was sad, but everything has worked out for the best. I am happy we missed out on our first and second choices. Maybe it will work out that way for you as well? :-)

I love the bed shot because I can relate so well. Unfortunately for Hubby, my side is the messy one.

BTW, I did a tribute conversation to you and Hoops here. I think you might have missed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home