Ugly Orange Shirt
Last night you might have caught me streaking through the house clutching an orange button-down shirt and laughing like a madwoman. And then you would have noticed the big guy chasing after me and yelling, "Not the fucking trash can!" It all started when I asked Hoop to pack some of his clothes. "You can throw away some of the ones you don't wear while you're at it." But as I packed boxes on the other side of the bed, I noticed Hoop's pile of rejects wasn't growing at all.
Tink: Why aren't you throwing anything away?
Hoop: Well, I'm going to wear them all... eventually.
Tink: No you're not. How about that orange shirt? I've NEVER seen you wear that.
Hoop: That's my favorite shirt!
Tink: They're all your favorite shirts. Besides, it's ugly.
Hoop: *Gasp* It is not! This shirt is Goooorgeous.
Tink: It's orange.
Tink: It's ugly.
Hoop: I'm sorry you think so... Because this is the shirt I'm going to wear out from now on.
Tink: Not with me you're not.
Hoop: Fine. I'll find someone else to go out with it in.
And then I grabbed it and ran.
I made it all the way outside before I realized I had no idea what I was going to DO with it. Hoop was two seconds away, barreling through the house like a crazed bull. "Oh shit. WhatdoIdo? WhatdoIdo?" So I threw it over the fence... Right into the dirt. Smooth. Of course Hoop retrieved it. Then he wore it for the rest of the night proclaiming loudly, "I make this shirt look good!" Is the shirt ugly or gorgeous? You decide:
Vote here to save or trash Hoop's shirt.
May Hit Statistics:
1. The leading country for visits on my blog was the US and Canada.
2. The primary day for hits was Tuesday.
3. The most popular hour being 2 pm.
4. The #1 referrer was tied between Mignon and Planet Alien.
5. The most used search term was, "Yodeling in the canyon of love."
6. My favorite search term was, "Bowel movement-jalapenos".
31 Quirks for 31 Days:
1. I'm a compulsive hand washer.
2. But "Jiffy" feet don't bother me at all.
3. I ate dry cat food when I was little.
4. My babysitter told me it was vitamins.
5. I should have known there was no fish shaped Flintstone.
6. I don't think I'll ever have a nice car.
7. My newest car was six years old.
8. My oldest was eighteen.
9. I think that's why I daydream about running into other cars.
10. My nickname at work is, "The Binder Queen."
11. It's better than some of the other people's: Powder, Little Hitler, Porkchop, and Monkey Love.
11. I have a coworker who is pack rat.
12. I've taken advantage of her numerous times while cleaning house.
13. The last batch of freebees I gave her contained a bed net, a fairy statue, four packs of stickers, and an old black and white TV.
14. I forced myself to like coffee.
15. Now I'm addicted. :)
16. Sometimes, I pee in the shower.
17. I throw away socks if I can't find their match.
18. I used to wish I had friends.
19. So I compensated by becoming busy instead.
20. Now I wish I weren't so busy.
21. Other people's grandparents creep me out a little bit.
22. In ninth grade I hooked my ex-boyfriend up with another friend so he would leave me alone.
23. I saw them a couple months ago. They got married last year.
24. My dogs are trained to cage themselves when I spray on perfume.
25. I think cigarettes should be considered a drug.
26. But I'm not sure I believe marijuana is.
27. I'm extremely cautious with my money.
28. Unless I'm spending it on food.
29. I once ran up a credit card on groceries alone.
30. And then I ran up my electric bill by opening and closing the fridge to look at it.
31. A full fridge is like art.