Friday, May 26, 2006

Leave A Message

The staff of Pickled Beef will not be back until Tuesday. If you're having an emergency blog craving, please turn to one of the lovely blogs at the right.

Beep.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: If you'd done it-
Hoop: DONE it?
Tink: I mean... No, that's right. I said "you'd" before it.
Hoop: "You'd" isn't a word.
Tink: Yes it is! It's a contraction of "you had."
Hoop: *Chuckles* You'd.
Tink: Shut up. I'm right. *Sings* Oops, you'd done it again.
Hoop: What are you doing?
Tink: I was just checking.
Hoop: And?
Tink: So, it's hick sounding.
Hoop: Uh huh.
Tink: I'm still right!

Courtesy of Odd Mix:

In honor of the Memorial holiday, the words for this weekend are:

Duty
Remembrance

So get snapping!

Today's Spam Mail:
Axiom Mormon from Thomas Blankenship
Radium Laborious from Nora Castillo
Lipstick Pedal from Mary Links
(One of these is made up. Can you guess which one?)

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: The words for this weekend's photo contest are "Duty" and "Remembrance."
Hoop: For "duty" you could take a really artistic picture of all that dog crap in our yard.
Tink: What?! *Laughs* Ohhh, I get it. I said DUTY, d-u-t-y. Not DOODIE, d-o-o-d-i-e. Ya nerd.

Daily Hoop Conversation 3:
Hoop: I don't understand the
Rambo sequels.
Tink: Why's that?
Hoop: In the first one, Rambo goes insane and chases after an innocent man. So what does the government do in the second one? They hire him. The man should have been locked up in a loony bin to rot.
Tink: They should have made him break out or something.
Hoop: I'm going to make a new Rambo movie.
Tink: Oh yeah? You could call it, "Rambo 1.5."
Hoop: Or, "Rambo 4: 2 and 3 never happened."

DOT:
Twisted Tink has been updated with a new chapter, "A History Lesson" So fill your mug and click on over to fill your head. Just be careful of the Dogwood trees.

P.S. I'm not sure if the story is flowing well anymore, as it's been awhile since I read it in its entirety. I'm going to look it over this weekend and possibly make some changes. Feel free to comment if you see some holes in the plot that need to be mended.

Have a fabulous weekend!

13 Comments:

At 26 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend Tink! I'm still sad about what happened to Wolf. I'll check out the new entry this weekend.

 
At 26 May, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

First of all, I was really disturbed until I realized you'd written "Rambo sequels"—not "Rambo squeals". All clear.

For duty, I was going to snap a picture of the furry dependants' litter box (because changing it is one of my duties), but now I can't because you already addressed the whole "doodie" angle and I'd look like a copycat.

WV: "oogfbwa". The expletive I used to express my disappointment at having to discard the cat box idea.

 
At 26 May, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Have a good weekend!!

Funny about Duty/doodie. Jake asked me what doodie meant, so I told him. So then he asked "What does that mean when it's your DUTY to do something then?" Oooooh DUTY. Not doodie. hehehe

atleast no one else heard the convo....

 
At 26 May, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Here is the entry for you'd in The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

you'd
One entry found for you'd.
Main Entry: you'd
Pronunciation: 'yüd, 'yud, y&d
: you had : you would

So take that to Hoop and show him. Then be real mature and say "neener neener neener .. I told it was a word" and then stick your tounge out at himm. That's what I would do anyway.

Hey wait ..... you have a staff? I bet they won't pick all that dog crap in the yard.

 
At 26 May, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

Doodie/duty...yeah, I can see Dave thinking that, too.

 
At 26 May, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

I can't decide if I need to have consumed less or more wine to understand that first Hoop conversation.

*slaps forehead*

 
At 27 May, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Maybe Rambo has immunity? Like Jack Bauer? I've never seen Rambo so I guess I'm not really an accredited source of speculation. Jack Bauer kills people, but he works for the President. Of course, only on a temporary, provisional basis.

 
At 27 May, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Have a great weekend. I am surprised that the dog poo wasn't a remembrance :)

 
At 27 May, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Right at this very moment Britney is probably singing:

Ooops, you'd doodied again la la la

to Sean Preston.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. :P

 
At 28 May, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Ya know how there is supposed to be no real original thought? I think Hoop has happened upon one: "I don't understand the Rambo sequels." Things that make you go hmmm.

 
At 29 May, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

I stumbled across a Steven Segal movie yesterday, while flipping through the channels. Before I realized what I was doing, I had watched about 5 minutes of it.

Now I have to find something really smart and good—The Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects, Crash. Dodgeball—to ameliorate the lobotomal effects.

 
At 29 May, 2006, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Technically isn't picking up the doodie a duty?
Hope the weekend was a great one!

 
At 30 May, 2006, Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I seriously considered poop for my "duty" picture too, but being Memorial Day and all I felt subversive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home