Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thought Bubble

Do you know what I think?
Stop guessing.
I know you don't.

I think the only reason Britney Spears is having another baby is because she screwed up the first one so badly... It's like a "Do-Over."

I know, it's really not fair to make fun of people who are such easy targets. But if it wasn't her, it would be Ms. Lohan. And let's face it. She's the kind of gal that makes you want to teach your sons to date ugly girls. She's a downer. At least Britney is funny in the, "Hey-look-at-the-redneck" kind of way and not the, "Please-let-her-choke-on-that-silver-spoon-she-does-crack-with" kind of way.

Enough smut. Well, at least the celebrity variety. Mine is way more real.

F is for Fight: You might remember
two weeks ago when another student and I made the decision to drop our horrid Algebra Two class, barely two days into the semester. Since we'd missed the window for removing ourselves, we were instructed to write a letter of petition to the Vice President of Student Affairs. I got a response back yesterday.

"Your petition to have voided Algebra Two has been DENIED."

Evidently it's not good enough to have paid for a service that wasn't rendered. The girl who dropped with me was informed by her counselor that death or surgery would have been the only valid excuse. Neither of us can get ahold of the V.P. personally. So... It's war. I had a GPA of 3.33 before I entered this class. I didn't even stay two days and it has ruined me. The school is nothing but a scam, a clever ploy to get your money.

And I'm sure our local paper would love to hear about it.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Make my chin more square.
Tink: I'm trying to fix your eyes right now.
Hoop: Don't they have better mouths?
Tink: It's not going to be exact Hoop.
Hoop: If it has MY name on it, I want it to look like me.
Tink: Jesus, it's a Sim! I thought you weren't interested in this stuff.
Hoop: Well I just wanted to help you get it right.
Tink: Uh huh. Can I have my game back?
Hoop: In a minute babe. I'm working on my hairline.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
(While watching
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
Tink: Is that a condom?
Hoop: What? No, I think it's an armband.
Tink: Oh.
Hoop: What the hell are those glowing orbs?
Tink: I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out the plot.
Hoop: There's a plot?!
Tink: Oh my God. Alright, we have to turn this off.
Hoop: Good. That piano music was getting on my nerves.
Tink: You know why I don't like Japanamation films? Even when they interpret them for you, they STILL don't make sense!

And for the hell of it...

19 Comments:

At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Surely there is an appeals process for dropping the class. I can't believe you only get 2 days to drop it. When I went we could drop in the first two weeks with no problem, and then we could still drop almost half way through the semester and get a "W" on our transcript and no money back.

College, like many other things such as buying cars, and houses is a great big scam. Especially the textbook racket they have going.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

The class situation bites; I'm so sorry. Good luck dealing with it. Squeaky wheel, and all. Two days is NOT sufficient.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

There's something very wrong with not being able to drop two days into a class. Fight your fight!!

Heh, that cartoon is very cute.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

They said the reason they only give two days is because it's a summer class and one week is the equivalent of two and a half. I think that's bullshit. I'll keep you all updated on the battle. I'm armoring up right now for another call to the V.P.s voicemail.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

That reasoning they gave you is totally bullshit. I hope you win!

LOVE the cartoon. :)

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

"Even when they interpret them for you, they STILL don't make sense!"

I thought it was just me, except... I seem to follow the plot just fine until about the last five or ten minutes of the film. At that point, there's usually some sort of apocalyptic, reality-altering event—a nuclear explosion, a formless mass of nanites that devours everything, et al.—that is all very stylistic and impressive but doesn't seem to follow from what went on in the first 115 minutes of the film.

WV: "uhramyqz". I don't know what a "qz" is (unless spoken by a very drunk person), but apparently you're it.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Have you contacted the President of Student Affairs about your class? Fuck the Vice President! 2 days is ridiculous!

I bet that your teacher does not even have a teaching degree, but has only a math degree. I don't know why they think anyone with a degree in anything can teach other people about said degree subject matter. True teachers have a teaching degree! Did I mention I was a special ed teacher for 7.5 years?

Thanks for the comic giggle :-)

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Good luck with the battle; what a crock! I hope you win.

I laughed out loud at the first Hoop conversation. At first I thought you were contouring his face with the Lauren Hutton makeup disc.

PS: I could so relate to your last post! J and I live in a little box, but it's cheap and we almost own it. But it's so nice to dream about something a bit more...

 
At 24 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like the Brit, but I can't fathom having a full time nanny for one child. Especially when you are not so much working as jet setting all over the planet and partying like it's 1999. Why have kids in the first place?

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I dropped my class and it fell down Ms Newham's cleavage.

(I have no idea what I'm talking about)

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Let's see...

-First, good luck with that 'school' problem. I think they'll do anything to keep your money, seeing as how they clearly have no issues employing sub-par teachers and probably pay them below minimum wage, hoping that their students will make up the difference with bribery and sexual favors.

-Second, I love it that you guys call each other 'Babe.' Sounds like something out of an action movie where the couple-duo rob banks and yell to each other stuff like, "Babe! Tie up the security guard and put lipstick on the duct tape over his mouth!"

-Third, I love that cartoon, but it really makes me miss The Far Side.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Yuck about that class, I hope you are able to fight it and WIN. Ack.

LMAO at that cartoon, cute.

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger sassybead said...

Hmmm...it kinda sounds to me like half the students wanted to drop the class, and the Admin office is panicking. I thought MY summer Algebra class at Boise State was bad! Old man teacher, assigned loads of homework, three-hour classes 4 days a week. Then he had the nerve to write sarcastic comments on our tests when we got it wrong!

Good luck, and I know you won't take it lying down!

 
At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Bastards! There must be a regulatory body of some kind overseeing this educational institution. Likely, they are required to have a grievance procedure for you and the other student to follow. Make a lot of noise - do you have a consumer affairs tribunal or similar? You have paid a fee for a service you are not receiving.

Sorry, I work in this area over here in Australia, and I tend to rant a bit about it...

Good luck!

 
At 25 May, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Dude even at the crappy cc's I go to let you drop classes 2 weeks in for full term, or 3-4 days in for partial. Now if the class only met once a week, you'd only have that first week to drop, but otherwise you'd be fine.

I really hope you get some resolution to this. It blows about the money, but about your GPA more. I know here you can retake the class (paying again :( ) and have the former grade replaced with an R and your new grade as the one tat counts. Like I failed writing 121, then took it and got an A. So I have an R and an A.

good luck!

 
At 25 May, 2006, Blogger Pixie LaRouge said...

That class thing is bullchit. Big, smelly pile.

I adore the daily Hoop Conversations. I read them to a friend of mine over the phone frequently, then we both laugh hysterically. The world always needs more hysterical laughter

WV: xzizoq Is there anything harder to type???

 
At 25 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to fight the power, you PAY them, there has to be a way for you to drop that class. Man I'm sorry you're dealing with so much sucky stress lately.

 
At 25 May, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I'll vouch for you and say you died.

 
At 01 June, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

LOVE the cartoon!!!

Oh, and I'm a mom, I'll write you a note to be able to drop your class (that totally sucks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home