Monday, June 05, 2006

Camera Hog

Weekend Recap:
1. Hoop is my hero.
2. Friday night he picked up a U-Haul trailer so I wouldn't have to load all the furniture myself Saturday morning.
3. Of course it took me catching him having a drink with the boys instead of packing, and then throwing a explosive tantrum.
4. I've never seen a man dial a phone so fast in my life!
5. Yesterday we went to the beach with Hoop's family...
6. ... and came home looking like Lobster People.
7. Hoop keeps grabbing my "goods" and then innocently explaining, "they're the only things not burnt."
8. Riiiight.
9. Applying cold aloe on someone else is funny...
10. ...until it's your turn.
11. While parking down town for dinner last night we bumped into a tourist with our car.
12. Don't tisk me like that. They're fair game. It's "Tourist Season."
13. Besides, he was just standing there in the road, WATCHING us back into the spot he was standing in.
14. It's not like we broke both his legs.
15. Oh fine! He wasn't hurt... You happy?


Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:

Tragedy:

I bet the lobsters in this claw game wish people would just stick to candy and stuffed animal prizes.


A dead horseshoe crab. Tourists pelted it with batteries and cups to see if it would move.

Triumph:

We've finally discovered the lost city of Atlantis!


These beach trees never grow leaves. Instead, they tilt away from the ocean with branches that look like roots. It's the way they've adapted to survive.

(Some random weekend pictures)

Dolphin Fin

Always a good-luck sign.

A Temporary Bridge


The Cross In Rose Light


Brave Soul


Daily Hoop Conversation:
(While walking on the beach)
Tink: What is that?!
Hoop: *Flips it over* Oh my God. Are those eye sockets?
Tink: That's no jellyfish.
Hoop: I think it's an alligator head.
Tink: *Squints and stares* You're right! But alligators aren't in salt water.
Hoop: Look it has a... spine?
Tink: But a head wouldn't have a-
Woman sitting nearby: -It's a chicken breast.
...
Tink and Hoop: Oh.

Hoop Quote Of The Day
Do you know what "stripper" names are good for? Pets.

Not Far From The Tree:
("Spaz" is Hoop's 5 year old nephew)
Spaz: What's that?
Tink: My purse strap?
Spaz: No, that small thing.
Tink: My necklace?
Spaz: No. Why's it SO small?
Tink: That spot on my shirt?
Spaz: No, that.
Tink: My boob?!
Spaz: Yeah, why's it so small?
Tink: Thanks Spaz. Why don't you ask your Mom when you get home?


(My apologies to everyone whose blog I didn't get to check and comment on today. I promise I'll make up for it tomorrow. Thanks again for all your support and advice.)

15 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Has Spaz been instructed on the proper etiquette concerning female endowments?

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

What is it with tourists? It's like they don't realize life happens the same way it does in their town.

Not far from the tree -- Sounds like spaz is destined to be a boob man. He has something in common with my nephew. He couldn't stop referring to his moms "little thingies" for a while.

Nice pics too. My favorites are the cross and the beach trees.

 
At 05 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? Where are you moving? Did you find a house? Did you sell yours? I'm so confused!

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said...

I think the archaeological Triumph is a wonderfull shot, but the Lobster Tragedy really made me laugh.

Items two through four seem to bear further reflection as a group with regards to item one.

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Odd Mix: "But the Lobster Tragedy really made me laugh." It's a tragedy TO the lobsters! hehe

Hoop's dad had running commentary on the destruction of our Atlantis. Unfortunately we didn't get to witness its full demise. The Spaz Monster jumped on top of it first.

FA: The tourists around here are especially bad. People keep telling me I shouldn't complain though, as it's the main source of income for this town. I just wish they'd be a little more respectful... And less stupid.

TB: You didn't miss anything! We were just moving some extra furniture and things to my Parent's place so the house looks less cluttered. It's going on the market next Monday.

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I loved the pictures too. The lobster pic is hilarious. Nothing like torturing your dinner a little before killing it.

How many points did you get for hitting the tourist? When I got Branson I find it tough to rack up a lot of points. Most of those tourists are old and not very quick, so it's easy to hit them.

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

That claw game is just weird. Claw against claw?!

It's too bad you didn't take advantage of the Darwinian parking situation - it was up to you to help out the gene pool! ;)

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Dear Miss Small Boobs:

Get over it. Love the Spaz man. Ha!

 
At 05 June, 2006, Blogger eric said...

"While parking down town for dinner last night we bumped into a tourist with our car."

so did you call the cops on the guy? you know grand larceny of a vehicle is a BIG deal.

on the sunburn ... put some vinegar on it. i swear it works. my wife's grandma down in ormond used to do it for us to "take the fire out." i couldn't believe how well it actually worked.

e+

 
At 06 June, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

how does a chicken breast look like an alligator?

It took 20 minutes to write the comment. I was busy taking cover under the desk with my gas mask on. Don't worry, just military exercise stuff.

 
At 06 June, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

The lobster pic made me sad. Thanks for following it up with your Atlantis pic! :o) I like the angle you took it at.

 
At 06 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! This is so exciting and also nervewracking to have to keep everything spotless all the time. I hope it sells FAST!

 
At 06 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I can't believe they have that poor lobster in that claw tank game thingy. How cruel is that?

 
At 06 June, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Chicken breast - Giggle. I love the photos from the beach. That lobster lucky dip is very bizarre though!

Good luck for your move - that has gone through quickly!

 
At 08 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dealing with a mountain of tourists in NYC - you can tell who they are because they are not in a hurry and everyone else is!

But wherever you live? It's gorgeous. I wonder which is worse: tourists in a metropolis or tourists in a small beach town.

Sarah www.hayllar.com/ee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home