1. Hoop is my hero.
2. Friday night he picked up a U-Haul trailer so I wouldn't have to load all the furniture myself Saturday morning.
3. Of course it took me catching him having a drink with the boys instead of packing, and then throwing a explosive tantrum.
4. I've never seen a man dial a phone so fast in my life!
5. Yesterday we went to the beach with Hoop's family...
6. ... and came home looking like Lobster People.
7. Hoop keeps grabbing my "goods" and then innocently explaining, "they're the only things not burnt."
9. Applying cold aloe on someone else is funny...
10. ...until it's your turn.
11. While parking down town for dinner last night we bumped into a tourist with our car.
12. Don't tisk me like that. They're fair game. It's "Tourist Season."
13. Besides, he was just standing there in the road, WATCHING us back into the spot he was standing in.
14. It's not like we broke both his legs.
15. Oh fine! He wasn't hurt... You happy?
Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:
I bet the lobsters in this claw game wish people would just stick to candy and stuffed animal prizes.
A dead horseshoe crab. Tourists pelted it with batteries and cups to see if it would move.
We've finally discovered the lost city of Atlantis!
These beach trees never grow leaves. Instead, they tilt away from the ocean with branches that look like roots. It's the way they've adapted to survive.
(Some random weekend pictures)
Always a good-luck sign.
A Temporary Bridge
The Cross In Rose Light
Daily Hoop Conversation:
(While walking on the beach)
Tink: What is that?!
Hoop: *Flips it over* Oh my God. Are those eye sockets?
Tink: That's no jellyfish.
Hoop: I think it's an alligator head.
Tink: *Squints and stares* You're right! But alligators aren't in salt water.
Hoop: Look it has a... spine?
Tink: But a head wouldn't have a-
Woman sitting nearby: -It's a chicken breast.
Tink and Hoop: Oh.
Hoop Quote Of The Day
Do you know what "stripper" names are good for? Pets.
Not Far From The Tree:
("Spaz" is Hoop's 5 year old nephew)
Spaz: What's that?
Tink: My purse strap?
Spaz: No, that small thing.
Tink: My necklace?
Spaz: No. Why's it SO small?
Tink: That spot on my shirt?
Spaz: No, that.
Tink: My boob?!
Spaz: Yeah, why's it so small?
Tink: Thanks Spaz. Why don't you ask your Mom when you get home?
(My apologies to everyone whose blog I didn't get to check and comment on today. I promise I'll make up for it tomorrow. Thanks again for all your support and advice.)