Thursday, June 22, 2006

"Model Employee..

...and Other Such Lies" would be a great book title.

"Tagged!" by Me (Because I'm THAT bored folks)

Here's the instructions:
1. Choose a search engine (e.g. Google).
2. Pick 5 random blogfriends.
3. Think of a word or phrase that describes each friend (or use their blog name).
4. Do an image search of that word or phrase.

P.S. Tag, if you're feeling froggy.


FA


Odd Mix


Mamalujo1


Newt


Goon Squad Sarah


Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: How'd the job fair go today?
Hoop: Great! The mininum pay for all the jobs I applied for-
Tink: -the what pay?
Hoop: Mininum?
Tink: MiniMum.
Hoop: That's what I said. Mininum.
Tink: No, say it with me. MiniNum... Shit. I mean-
Hoop: -now I'm really confused.
Tink: Miminun. Minimun? MiniMum!
Hoop: Can I finish my story now?

A Novel Idea: Kurt Vonnegut is one of the few authors that can make me think in circles instead of straight lines. He's so clever and witty that sometimes I read each chapter twice just so I can soak up his ideas.

On the creation of Adam and Eve:

"'Satan,' he said, 'couldn't undo anything God had done. She could at least try to make existence for His little toys less painful. She could see what He couldn't: to be alive was to be either bored or scared stiff. So She filled an apple with all sorts of ideas that might at least relieve the boredom, such as rules for games with cards and dice, and how to fuck, and recipes for beer and wine and whiskey, and pictures of different plants that were smokeable, and so on. And instructions on how to make music and sing and dance real crazy, real sexy. And how to spout blasphemy when they stubbed their toes.'"
-Timequake (1997)

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: I was watching this show the other night called
"Little People Big World." It's about a midget couple who have four kids, one average sized daughter, one average sized son, and a set of twins where one is average and the other is a midget. Isn't that crazy? I never would have imagined that was possible.
Hoop: ...
Tink: Hoop, did you hear me? Isn't that strange?
Hoop: I'm sorry, you lost me at "midgets." *Shudder* And you say you WILLINGLY watched this show?

Daily Hoop Conversation 3:
Tink: I am SO hungry!
Hoop: What are you hungry for?
Tink: I don't know. Meat.
Hoop: *Chuckle* I have some meat you can have.
Tink: I meant something that will fill me up.
Hoop: *Gasp*
Tink: I mean. Wow... That's a huge hole I just dug huh?
Hoop: I'd say. You might want to bury me in it.

17 Comments:

At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

You always make me laugh, Tink! The pictures are a hoot (altho I'll probably have nightmares about the FA pic *shudder*). And the Hoop conversations were superb - but the last one... hee hee.

Did he ever grasp the difference between miniMum and what he was saying??

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Betty said...

Love your blogs. Hoop conversations are hilarious. MaxiMum laughs.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what were the words? Specificaly, what was MY word? Because that dog... WRONG!

And the guy with the #3? He should have saved the hair he shaved off and had a toupe made. LOL

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Chris: I think the only thing I accomplished was getting myself very confused :). It's a good thing I'm not an English teacher.

Betty: Thank you! And welcome. Poor Hoop. He doesn't even know how I exploit him so.

Odd Mix: LOL! Actually I used your blog title. That dog is definitely an "Odd Mix" too.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

On Hollywood squares one day:
Question "Can 'little people' have normal sized kids?"
Steve Valentine (form Crossing Jordan): "yeah, but there goes the act"

FA is gonna love that pic! LOL

Last Hoop convo was hilarious.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I love your Hoop convos. Especially the last one -- it reminds me of ones I've had with Dave.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Okay, my picture is HILARIOUS! (and thanks for picking me) What language is that? Can I get some of those for The Goon Squad?

I also love Vonnegut. I think I have read almost all of his work.

I'm also amazed that a midget could live through having twins. I'm not joking. It nearly killed me, I had mine 6 weeks early, I was in the hospital for 5 weeks before that and I'm 5' 9" and not skinny. Now I'm going to have to watch that show. It will give Gabe nightmares.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I watched the midget show. The cameras kept following the midget twin around the convention describing how somewhere in the crowd was the woman he was going to marry, then the filmmakers zoomed in on his apparent shyness around the giggling midget-teenagers. Hmmm, wonder why he was shy... perhaps because he was, what, 15 and thinking he had to marry one of those chicks?

Jim and I used to have conversations like the last one on occasion, but ever since having kids he reads innuendos into everything I say, so all of our convos are like that now... "No, honey, by asking you what time the home inspection on the new place is I did not mean to say what time can I give you a hummer in the back seat while the kids play at the park..."

 
At 22 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tink and Mignon: the more hectic and demanding a guy's life gets, the more he will make inappropriate and tasteless jokes and demands on his significant other in an ever-increasingly desperate attempt to receive sexual favors. Any way...
I'll give the meme a shot.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Was the midget show on Discovery Health? They have the best stuff on that channel.

I really love the meme.

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Gaaaaahhhh!! Oh, the pic of the guy with the hairy back! I'm blind!

 
At 22 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why that one?

 
At 22 June, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Tink,
You're blog always makes my day. I love the whole Satan bit. That was hilarious. And your conversations with Hoop are always good for a giggle. And I think I may need to make that pic you found of me my new "About me" picture. Thanks for thinking of me.

 
At 23 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hairy back, scary back! Actually think the dog is the scariest :)

Love the DH conversations :)

 
At 23 June, 2006, Blogger EE said...

LOL at the first Hoop convo, well, hell, at ALL the Hoop convo's. That first pic.....uh yeah.....

 
At 23 June, 2006, Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Very interesting to read this post, I was passing by, quite entertaining.

 
At 23 June, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

OMG!!! That picture totally made my Friday. I think that guy lives next door to me.

I'm sure the intimidator would be proud to have such a symbolic rendition of the number "3" immortalized on film. Think about it...it's creepy it's like he hair, I mean here, but only in a memory. Deep man...deep. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home