Thursday, July 06, 2006

So long...

...and thanks for all the fish.


Pickled Beef will be closed for business from Friday July 7th through Thursday July 13th. Feel free to loiter... Just keep the raiding down to a minimum.
I'll miss you!

Not Far From The Tree:
(On the phone)
Nash's Girlfriend: I got home OK.
Nash: That's good.
GF: There's something I have to tell you...
Nash: Oh?
GF: ...I have brain cancer.
Nash: Excuse me?
GF: I didn't tell you before because I didn't want to worry you.
Nash: Did you go to a doctor or something?
GF: No. I don't need to.
Nash: Then how do-
GF: -I just know.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: So how do you like the new office?
Tink: It's nice. I just wish people would stop bugging me.
Hoop: You should make a sign.
Tink: Like, "Please don't tap on the glass?"
Hoop: "Don't disturb this natural habitat."
Tink: "May bite your head off."
Hoop: "Don't feed the animal."
Tink: Well... I think they should be allowed to feed me if they want to.

June Hit Statistics:
1. The leading countries for visits on my blog were US, Canada and Australia.
2. The primary day for hits was Friday.
3. The most popular hour being 1 pm.
4. The #1 referrer was tied between Jay and Mamalujo1.
5. The most used search term was, "I'm like a superhero."
6. My favorite search term was, "Shut up, you look like Shrek."

30 Quirks for 30 Days:
1. A co-worker once told me she hated my crooked smile.
2. Her name was Natalie. But she pronounced it, "NatÃlia."
3. I always mispronounced it just to spite her.
4. And then her Mom called the office one day and asked, "Is Natalie there?"
5. I think life gives us plenty to laugh about.
6. And sometimes, I think it's just bait to get us through all the bad stuff.
7. I've always been open to different types of music... except country.
8. I must have witnessed some horrible line-dancing accident when I was little.
9. But of course my mind has blocked it off, leaving me with this seemingly irrational fear.
10. Yeah...
11. Some people spin bullshit like it's cotton candy.
12. And some people just show you a different way of looking at the truth.
13. I like to pretend I'm more the latter.
14. I used to bite my toe nails.
15. I shave every day.
16. I don't even know if my legs grow hair anymore.
17. I'm really not high maintenance though. Want to go camping? I'm there!
18. Just as long as you don't mind me shaving in the lake.
19. I don't feel guilty for blogging at work.
20. I just wish I had discovered it sooner.
21. You might think that makes me lazy.
22. In all actuality, I'm just really bored.
23. I hate artificial banana flavoring.
24. I love the way Hoop's skin smells.
25. Kids' laughter is the best sound in the world.
26. People who feel like they haven't gotten anywhere in life confuse me.
27. To me, being alive is a testimony that you're getting somewhere.
28. Is it possible to live and NOT learn?
29. I miss believing in Santa Claus.
30. Although I don't miss believing in the Easter Bunny.
31. You can't tell me a huge rabbit that sneaks around in the middle of the night delivering chicken eggs isn't creepy.
32. One year the "Easter Bunny" brought me a basket full of "New Kids On The Block" stuff.
33. I felt like I'd been seriously gypped.
34. Vacations stress me out a little bit.
35. Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of one huh?
36. I think it's the fact that I can't poop until I'm home.
37. Was that TMI?
38. If you said "Yes," you're on the wrong blog.
39. Sometimes I start listing stuff and I can't stop. Like this for example.
40. So I'm going to go, before you stop reading.

See you in a week! I heart you.

21 Comments:

At 06 July, 2006, Blogger geenalyn said...

OMG about the converstation between Nash and his GF. That girl is OUT there lol.

Enjoy your vacation...seriously going to miss you and the daily Hoop conversations.

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

If it had been me instead of Nash on the phone with crazy ex:
Crazy Ex: I have a brain tumor
Me: OH THANK GOD! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SAY YOU WERE PREGNANT! Sorry to hear about the tumor .. how long ya got?

Ok, that was mean.

I have to agree with Mamalujo1. A lap top would be handy. And ever Starbucks has free wireless. LOL

Have the greatest vacation ever!

 
At 06 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too busy laughing at Jay's comment about Nash's psycho girlfriend...give me a minute...

Okay. That's just WRONG. God. Like, don't fucking tell someone you have cancer if you don't know for sure. *rolls eyes* (I hope she doesn't. I'm assuming she doesn't and is just saying that to get him back.)

Tink, I'll miss you. I'm working on a special something for you, that should be ready to pop in the mail by next week.

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Tink: Well... I think they should be allowed to feed me if they want to.

I agree. In fact, you should demand they bring you food. I worked for one company where they actually brought me falafels every day for lunch just so I'd keep on working. I didn't even have to ask.

And just so you know, if you happen to come across these suckers, they'll help with the poop problem too. :-)

I'm totally down with mamatulip on gf. She needs to be shot for trying to lay on such a guilt trip. I mean, I have my issues, but this girl needs some SERIOUS HELP!

Oh, and I'm totally with you on the Easter thing. I get mad at Chelle because we keep bringing it back every year for Brendan. Just the thought of that rat looking thing creeps me out. This past one, she tried to suggest we all sit on his lap with Brendan.

Ahhhhh! Can't stand the Easter Bunny!!!!

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Oh, and I'm gonna miss your blogging. I hope you guys have a great time and I'm with Jay-- get a laptop and go to Starbucks.

Hey, I'm in the tech world, tell me where you're going and I'll make sure you can get wireless access. Not sure how, but I'm determined.

And you can't leave... All the plants will die! (If you're not familiar with Bill Murray in Stripes, disregard this line.)

Again, have a great time and I'm just going to sulk till you get back.

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

I agree with Mike, I think we are all gonna sulk till you get back. But have a wonderful vacation! And come back with oodles to blog about! (Does the fact that we will all miss our Doses of Tink mean we need a life?) Sorry, who's this "We" stuff. Me, I'll miss you! Me Me Me Me

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Too bad the aliens who abducted GF only gave her a brain tumor. It sounds like she needs a whole new brain.

Don't let Hubby know you shave everyday! I have trained him to think body hair is natural and sexy.

When I went to summer camp, I was afraid to poop in the cabin bathrooms. I did not eat or poop for a week.

Have a great vacation! I will have to read some old Tink posts to get my daily fix :-)

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Hi. I was gone for a while and now you are so I'll have to go back and make non-sequitor comments on all the posts I missed, which will disappear into Blogspot archives, which, who are we kidding, is actually just a bunch of notecards thrown in someone's junk drawer.....

Have fun on your vacation - the stress induced by vacations is a special alcohol-fueled kind of hell. I hope yours at least has good garnishes! Like those pickled beans in really good Bloody Marys or garlic-stuffed olives. Or stuff like that...

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Noooooo! We're gonna miss you. :o(

I loved Jay's comment, I'm with him 100%. That girl is out of her mind (pun intended).

Have a great vacation in Seattle!! Wow...we'll only be, like, 2 hours away from each other. Weird. I always think of you as being a loooonng way away.

 
At 06 July, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Good lord, you'll need to be hospitalized by the time you get back to your own bathroom!

Have a great vacation, other than that poop problem. ;)

 
At 07 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Kids on the Block - it's totally understandable why the Easter Bunny is a source of trauma!

Have a really good break!!

 
At 07 July, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

I miss you already, Tink! Have a wonderful vacation.

Oh, and for the vacation-pooping issue, I have two words: DRIED CRANBERRIES.

 
At 07 July, 2006, Blogger Eileen said...

LOVED the thing about Natalie... but then, I'm a vindictive cuss.

Do you pay NG for this golden blogfodder? She's worth it...

Have a great trip, girl!

 
At 07 July, 2006, Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Have a great vacation Tink!

 
At 08 July, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I super mega-heart you Tink! Hope you are having fun.

Okay, does Nash's girl just THINK she has brain cancer. Don't you have to have a brain first?

 
At 09 July, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Have fun! Hurry back!

 
At 10 July, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Brain cancer, eh? Based on your posts about her, it seems to me like her saying she just knows she has brain cancer would be like my saying I "just know" I have ovarian cancer.

"But wait," you say. "You haven't got any ovaries."

See what I did just then?

 
At 10 July, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

Aww...hope you are having a good time.

 
At 11 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I missed the contest. And I know I could've been a contendah. I want a CD!

I've missed you chica and now that we are so close, let's get together for realz soon. Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

 
At 12 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vacations make me anxious, too. I cry a little when I pack to leave. Is that wrong? I'm at at Typepad now. Follow the link from my name.

 
At 13 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. It's the 13th... Where are you? I am in withdrawal here! Jonesing hard! *rereads post* "Through the 13th..." THROUGH?!?!?!? Ahhhhhhhhhrrrrg! That means "until the 14th"! *wanders off sobbing*

;) Hope you are having a great time in the NorthWet... I mean, NorthWest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home