...and thanks for all the fish.
Pickled Beef will be closed for business from Friday July 7th through Thursday July 13th. Feel free to loiter... Just keep the raiding down to a minimum.
I'll miss you!
Not Far From The Tree:
(On the phone)
Nash's Girlfriend: I got home OK.
Nash: That's good.
GF: There's something I have to tell you...
GF: ...I have brain cancer.
Nash: Excuse me?
GF: I didn't tell you before because I didn't want to worry you.
Nash: Did you go to a doctor or something?
GF: No. I don't need to.
Nash: Then how do-
GF: -I just know.
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: So how do you like the new office?
Tink: It's nice. I just wish people would stop bugging me.
Hoop: You should make a sign.
Tink: Like, "Please don't tap on the glass?"
Hoop: "Don't disturb this natural habitat."
Tink: "May bite your head off."
Hoop: "Don't feed the animal."
Tink: Well... I think they should be allowed to feed me if they want to.
June Hit Statistics:
1. The leading countries for visits on my blog were US, Canada and Australia.
2. The primary day for hits was Friday.
3. The most popular hour being 1 pm.
4. The #1 referrer was tied between Jay and Mamalujo1.
5. The most used search term was, "I'm like a superhero."
6. My favorite search term was, "Shut up, you look like Shrek."
30 Quirks for 30 Days:
1. A co-worker once told me she hated my crooked smile.
2. Her name was Natalie. But she pronounced it, "NatÃlia."
3. I always mispronounced it just to spite her.
4. And then her Mom called the office one day and asked, "Is Natalie there?"
5. I think life gives us plenty to laugh about.
6. And sometimes, I think it's just bait to get us through all the bad stuff.
7. I've always been open to different types of music... except country.
8. I must have witnessed some horrible line-dancing accident when I was little.
9. But of course my mind has blocked it off, leaving me with this seemingly irrational fear.
11. Some people spin bullshit like it's cotton candy.
12. And some people just show you a different way of looking at the truth.
13. I like to pretend I'm more the latter.
14. I used to bite my toe nails.
15. I shave every day.
16. I don't even know if my legs grow hair anymore.
17. I'm really not high maintenance though. Want to go camping? I'm there!
18. Just as long as you don't mind me shaving in the lake.
19. I don't feel guilty for blogging at work.
20. I just wish I had discovered it sooner.
21. You might think that makes me lazy.
22. In all actuality, I'm just really bored.
23. I hate artificial banana flavoring.
24. I love the way Hoop's skin smells.
25. Kids' laughter is the best sound in the world.
26. People who feel like they haven't gotten anywhere in life confuse me.
27. To me, being alive is a testimony that you're getting somewhere.
28. Is it possible to live and NOT learn?
29. I miss believing in Santa Claus.
30. Although I don't miss believing in the Easter Bunny.
31. You can't tell me a huge rabbit that sneaks around in the middle of the night delivering chicken eggs isn't creepy.
32. One year the "Easter Bunny" brought me a basket full of "New Kids On The Block" stuff.
33. I felt like I'd been seriously gypped.
34. Vacations stress me out a little bit.
35. Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of one huh?
36. I think it's the fact that I can't poop until I'm home.
37. Was that TMI?
38. If you said "Yes," you're on the wrong blog.
39. Sometimes I start listing stuff and I can't stop. Like this for example.
40. So I'm going to go, before you stop reading.
See you in a week! I heart you.