Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yo ho ho...

...and a keg of beer.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
(On phone)
Tink: Guess what we got invited to tonight?
Hoop: What?
Tink: A Pirate party! But don't worry, we don't have to dress up.
Hoop: Well I'm out running around right now. Is there anything you want me to get?
Tink: Um-
Hoop: A bandana? An eyepatch?
Tink: -No, that's OK.
Hoop: A parrot?
Tink: A parrot? *Snort* Yeah sure, pick me up one of those.

The problem with drinking on a work night isn't having to work the next day, it's talking to the people who got to stay home while you're there.

The last time I went to a themed party I was twelve. So I wasn't anticipating anything great last night. But it turned out to be very enjoyable. Hoop and I struck up a conversation with one of the most fascinating people, a kindergarten teacher for the mentally disabled. He talked our ear off all night about his misadventures in Hawaii and remote islands I'd never heard of. In one of his travels he ate dog, a delicacy of the native culture. "But only black vegetarian dogs." Oh, ok. Because that makes it better.

(Side Note: When I tried to Google information on it I ended up with an article about some
squirrels in Russia that killed and ate a dog. Don't WTF me. Go check it out!)

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:

The words for this weekend are...

Beauty
Beholder


If you haven't joined the fun, NOW is the time to start.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: Blech. I keep burping garlic... At least you ate some too.
Hoop: It wouldn't matter if I hadn't.
Tink: You wouldn't be grossed out kissing me?
Hoop: Babe, I'd kiss you if you had been eating SHIT.
Tink: *Blink* What?!
Hoop: Ok, so not literally.

Today's Spam Mail:
Potpourri Pylon from Jem McDowell I'm having a hard time envisioning that.

Random Site Of Interest:
This site creates a Haiku using words pulled off recent posts on your blog.

into the cosmos
today's spam mail french toast from
susie camp which reminds


Pickled Beef will be closed tomorrow due to an unscheduled invasion and relocation by unstoppable evil forces... otherwise known as WORK. They're sending me to our other facility for inventory.

But we'll be back up and running by Monday.
Everyone have a lovely weekend!

13 Comments:

At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

So Jake went to a pirate party a few weeks ago. Treasure hunt included. 5 yr old boys LOVE that sorta thing ;) hehehe. Glad you guys had fun!

Have fun counting stuff tomorrow!

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Theme parties are a lot of fun.

Did Hoop get the parrot? That would have been cool.

Inventory sucks. I remember when all the new technological innovations was supposed to eliminate the need to do inventory. Didn't happen.

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Sometimes when Jim "fixes the furnace" which involves some herb and a bong, it smells like he ate shit. And I tell him that. Then he suggests I fix the furnace so that we both smell like shit. And then I suggest he sleep on the couch.

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Perhaps Hoop would kiss you if you'd been eating shit if the shit came from someone who'd been using butt mints.

I just saw some people doing inventory at the grocery store today. Are they going to give you one of those cool keypads to wear around your shoulder?

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

recumbent it's
even dodgier because i'm
just not as agile

*snort*

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mary: I got gypped! There weren't any treasure maps at my party.

Jay: No parrot *pout*. And I had big plans of teaching it cuss words and phrases like, "Surrender the BOOTY."

Mignon: LOL. Does he respond by staring at you and giggling like a school girl?

Mama T: Right? I am never living in Russia for that reason. Attack meat-eating squirrels. *Shudder*

FA: I think you've nailed our advertisement plan!

>>Are they going to give you one of those cool keypads to wear around your shoulder?<< Pfft. Right. They're going to arm me with a calculator and say "Good luck!"

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Foo: Ahaha! That's great stuff. At least yours made some sense.

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

If I were going to a pirate party, I'd buy those chocolate coins. But that's just me. :)

Mignon, that is really funny.

 
At 27 July, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

A pirate party! Oh, I hope you took pictures. :)

Hope your weekend is spenderifous. Gotta run; have a furnace to fix!

 
At 28 July, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

*snort* re: Hoop conversation #2...

 
At 29 July, 2006, Blogger Freakazojd said...

A pirate party, you say? Arrrr, sure an' you kids are freakin' coool. Arrrrr.

 
At 30 July, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Pirate parties can be fun. But it would be cooler with a parrot.

 
At 30 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's probably too late ... but you can get a POTC bandana from a mcdonald's happy meal along with some other scurvy shit.

e+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home