Back To Normal
1. Friday night Hoop and I headed out to one of the local beaches.
2. We were buzzed, so wearing our bathing suits had sounded like a great idea.
3. The furthest we got in was up to our ankles...
Hoop: You going in?
Tink: Ooo no. Sharks.
Hoop: I know. What were we thinking?
Tink: Only tourist swim in the ocean-
Hoop: -at night.
Tink: They can have them. That's why they call it tourist "season" anyway.
4. So we walked the beach instead.
5. This particular beach is known for the large amount of shells that wash up on its shore. Some stacks get up to one foot high and several feet deep!
6. Neither of us had thought ahead to bring a flashlight. So we each took to a pile and started weeding through the shells by touch.
7. It was during one of these digs that I grazed my hand across the sand and saw an unbelievable explosion of blue-white sparks.
8. At first I thought it was the buzz, or a trick of the moonlight. But it kept happening. "Hoop?! Something strange is happening with this sand."
9. He had noticed it too. We soon realized the sparks happened when any kind of contact was made. If you took a step, the sparks would scatter out from your foot like a wave. If you ran your hand in a pattern they would follow and then fade.
10. We argued whether it was due to friction or microscopic organisms. Regardless of reason, we felt like we'd discovered something truly amazing.
11. And evidently we're not the only ones.
12. Saturday we headed over to my parents house for a birthday celebration for Papa Bear and Hoop.
13. Papa Bear got a sign from my Grandparents that said, "My name is ----, and I am 44 years old." Just in case he'd forgotten.
14. Hoop got a bright orange whip.
15. Of course now that ALL the boys have whips, they had to have a competition on the deck to see who was better using them.
16. No, I don't know who won.
17. I was too busy ducking blows to really care.
18. Sunday we brought the dogs back home...
19. ...and made a valiant effort to get them readjusted.
20. First we ran them around the house.
21. Next we set up their cages and washed their blankets.
22. Then we dressed Duff up in lingerie and I took pictures.
23. "One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong."
24. Don't let the picture fool you. He really loves it.
25. Last night Hoop and I went to see Invincible.
26. I highly recommend seeing it. It's one of the better "Feel Good" movies of the year.
27. SPOILER: Although the part where Vince's wife leaves him because he's jobless kind of made Hoop squirm in his seat a little.
28. *Ahem* Hoop is working on the job search today btw.
29. I woke up this morning feeling like a pretzel dog.
30. Between Hoop, both canines, and our heavy comforter, I didn't have a single inch of wiggle room.
31. I did say I wanting things back to normal didn't I?
(I must be off their no-spam list now)
White Trash from Cyril Pitts
Taxi Sand Life Span from Humphrey Bradley
Princess Agony from Sue Nicholson
Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:
Fortunately it was just a discarded nail polish bottle and not the little woodland creature I first imagined it had been.
"Get me outta this Mom!"
(Some Random Weekend Pictures)
Hoop and I found this whole Conch shell on one of our beaches.