Thursday, August 24, 2006

Welcome Back Kotter Hoop!

A couple hours before Hoop reached home, he stopped at a truck stop to wake himself up. Eleven straight hours of driving with no one to talk to can get to a person. As he was mindlessly wandering the isles he came across some pills, advertised to "perk" the user up. He thought it was worth a shot, so he bought a pack. All the way home he didn't feel anything. In fact, he'd forgotten he'd even taken them. It wasn't until about an hour after he got home that he realized... He was tripping balls. "How is this stuff legal?!" He asked, staring at the trail from his cigarette. "I don't know. But you're making me jealous."

Fortunately the pills didn't take effect until long after he let me maul him in the doorway. Well, maybe the mauling was mutual. I have a crescent shaped hickey on my neck to prove it *grumble*. Afterward I lay there staring at him, tracing my fingers down his face and shoulders. I stared at our intertwined hands, the lazy smile across Hoop's face, and I was reminded that he is the most beautiful work of art I've ever set eyes on. I feel like I've been reunited with my laugh, and given permission to finally relax again. Not that I wasn't appreciative before, but this trip has made me understand how very lucky I am. So maybe the time apart wasn't so bad after all... I still wouldn't want to do it again.

And for anyone placing bets, Hoop DID NOT choose dinner first. ;)

It's Official: Leading astronomers declared today that
Pluto is no longer a planet. Maybe they're replacing it with Paris Hilton? Her ego is about the SIZE of a planet. She's got a gravitational pull... on paparazzi and drugged out teen stars. And not to mention she thinks the galaxy revolves around her. Sounds like another planet we know *coughEARTHcough*. Plus she's already been inducted into Planet Hollywood and personally, I think she's an alien.

Around The Water Cooler:
Tink: Did you hear? Pluto is no longer classified as a planet.
Co-worker: *Sigh* Everything we learned in school is a LIE.
Boss: Do you know why?
Tink: Something about it's orbit and size.
Boss: No, it's because girls went there to get more stupider.
Tink: That's JUPITER, sir.
Co-worker: *Snort*
Boss: Well, they still got stupider.
Tink: Don't make me put you in time out.

P.S. Any guesses what side dish I cooked with dinner last night? Creamed corn. Evidently, "Fear is not a factor for me."

19 Comments:

At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Oh Tink, I am so happy for you to have Hoop back. And definitely avoid those pills. The only thing like that I would take is Vivarin. I have started my day with a Vivarin since 1986 when I went into the Navy. It's 200mg of caffeine is more than sufficient to perk me up and get me through the day. Needless to say I'm most effective in the mornings.

Are you serious about Pluto? I hadn't heard that. Sheesh! Next thing you know the earth will be flat.

And it's nice to know Hoop didn't go for dinner first, though I'm sure he feels he got quite a nice dish ;) That was pretty bad, huh?

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

So, it is now just Mr. Vem J Sun and his dog ________. That sucks. I think I shall go sit on the edge of the earth and look down at the dragons and monsters..

Happy you have your hoop back!

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger V said...

Awww...I'm glad he's back. It's tough to be alone in the house when you're not used to it. :)

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

I knew he'd skip dinner!

So glad your reunion went well. :)

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

That reminds me of reuniting with Jim (over and over again) when we lived 3000 miles apart. Two years of that, actually. Now it's a little different.

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

I love those moments. When I look at Hubby and/or Buddy and I feel so at peace and happy.

I am so glad that your Hoop has returned! What guy wouldn't want to steal some pie before dinner?!

 
At 24 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but did Hoop eat the creamed corn?

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

:)

Awww, so sweet!

 
At 24 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm glad he's home!

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

If Hoop HAD chosen dinner first I think today's post would not have been so upbeat.

Does Hoop know about that cream corn dream? Cause I don't think I'll ever eat cream corn again, myself. LOL

 
At 24 August, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Awww...you two love each other....that is SO sweet. I read that and just had this goofy smile.

So you STILL ate creamed corn???

Huh.

LOL

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Um, I didn't think for a minute he would choose dinner first... but, was it in the driveway?! Yowza. Hope it wasn't gravel...

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Hehe - glad to hear you have Hoop back :)

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Eileen said...

*snort* Creamed corn...

Welcome back, Hoop! Tink's boss and coworkers are just no substitution for the Real Thing...

oo, the verification fairy loves me again: drdleml

 
At 25 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Creamed Corn. *gahk*

I'm glad he got back safely. Please tell me the fact that he was smoking a cigarette doesn't mean you have fallen off the wagon, too.

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger eric said...

i feel bad for ole pluto. it's like you let someone into your club, realize he's got other friends that you don't like, say he's too like them, and kick him out.

e+

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

When I heard the news that Pluto's no longer a planet, my first reaction was to feel disoriented and a little sad. Then I got angry, because I realized that this means we, the taxpayers, are going to get to pay for all new science textbooks, in addition to the revisionist history books.

If there's anything positive to be found in all this, it's that you passed on the obvious (but erroneous) "heavenly body" reference you could have used in your Paris Hilton riff.

Which reminds me... while flipping channels, looking for something-not-a-rerun, I happened upon an episode of The Simple Life just in time to hear Nicole Richie ask a pregnant woman if she'd like her to go to bed with her husband.

"I can't believe you're watching this," Turtle said on her way through the room.

"Hey, I'm only staying long enough to see if Nicole gets her skinny ass kicked."

Sadly, she didn't.

Re: the creamed corn. You have now officially earned that Twisted Tink moniker.

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Turtle said...

Tink: I know exactly how you feel having Hoop gone for so long. Foo went on a trip without me last year to go bike riding, see family and visit friends. He was gone 8 very long days. It seemed like forever to me. Fortunatately, I had our 2 "children" to keep me company and well snuggled, but it was definitely hard. Unfortunately, my story doesn't end with great sex and creamed corn. Foo spent 16 hours on the road trying to get back, so he went straight to bed. I did get lots of kisses, though. It makes you appreciate and love them even more...bringing you back to those early days when you first fell for each other. Ah....love.

Welcome back Hoop!

 
At 25 August, 2006, Blogger Turtle said...

Tink: I know exactly how you feel having Hoop gone for so long. Foo went on a trip without me last year to go bike riding, see family and visit friends. He was gone 8 very long days. It seemed like forever to me. Fortunatately, I had our 2 "children" to keep me company and well snuggled, but it was definitely hard. Unfortunately, my story doesn't end with great sex and creamed corn. Foo spent 16 hours on the road trying to get back, so he went straight to bed. I did get lots of kisses, though. It makes you appreciate and love them even more...bringing you back to those early days when you first fell for each other. Ah....love.

Welcome back Hoop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home