Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Grindstone

The problem with Labor Day is... the labor that follows it.

I'd rather have the whole year off and just work Labor Day.

Weekend Recap:
(Possibly the shortest one yet)
1. I didn't get drunk this weekend.
2. Hoop and I were just too damn lazy.
3. TOO LAZY TO GET DRUNK?
4. Yes, I know. We are the epitome of pathetic.
5. On the other hand, we did save on the water bill by not showering on Saturday.
6. Although the seven straight hours of TV that we watched probably racked up the electric bill.
7. We made up for the mixing bowl of pudding, bag of Doritos, and 2-liter of Koolaid we ate/drank by walking the beach that night.
8. While we crouched down looking for shark teeth a group of kids walked by and yelled, "Are you guys playing leap frog?"
9. I suddenly felt very old and un-cool. So of course I called back what we were really doing.
10. Within 15 minutes we were surrounded by teenagers, scanning the ground with the lights of their open cell phones.
11. Teach me to open my big fat mouth.
12. The rest of the weekend was spent in a haze of family gatherings and good food.
13. The guys got competitive over games, and the women got sentimental over old photographs.
14. We all ate too much...
15. ...and laughed just enough.


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Divide (and conquer):


Unite:


(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Beach Mural


Sand Cave


All That Remains


Sea Shells By The Sea Shore


Sunset On The Beach


Ocean Storm


Lightning Strike


Just A Blur


Almost Too Fast


Tagged by
Foo:

1. Three things that scare me:
Clowns. Black water. Suspended bridges.

2. Three (non-internet) people that make me laugh:
Hoop.
Steve Carell. The bum on the corner who dances with an unplugged boombox on his shoulder.

3. Three things I hate the most:
Alarm clocks. Taxes. Wedgies. Can you think of anything more evil?

4. Three things I don't understand:
Billboard ads that ask, "Can't read?" Why the immigrants George Bush is trying to kick out of the country speak better English than he does. How they get the non-stick substance to STICK to the bottom of the pans.

5. Three things I'm doing right now:
Drinking burnt coffee. Doing the pee pee wiggle. Ignoring my "To Do" list.

6. Three things I want to do before I die:
Travel outside of the U.S. Write something worth publishing. Play Tinkerbell at Disney. And if flying down from that castle is a requirement, it just might be the LAST thing I do before I die.

7. Three things I can do:
Inhale and exhale at the same time. Wink both eyes. Speak in front of a large crowd.

8. Three ways to describe my personality:
Resilient. Imaginative. Goofy.

9. Three things I can't do:
Remember telephone numbers (including my own some days). Whistle by blowing out. Fart or burp on command.

10. Three things I think you should listen to:
Children's questions. Elderly people's stories. Great advice from people named Tink.

11. Three things you should never listen to:
Psychics. Telemarketers. Baby Einstein CDs played backwards while drunk.

12. Three things I'd like to learn:
How to pee standing up, create blown glass, and drive stick shift.

13. Three favorite foods:
Artichokes. Corn. Blueberry Gelato.

14. Three beverages I drink regularly:
Coke. Coffee. Dr. Perky (generic Dr. Pepper).

15. Three shows I watched as a kid:
You Can't Do That On Television. Carebears. Jem and the Misfits.

16. Three people I'm tagging:
Eh. Hop on the bandwagon if you want to.

17 Comments:

At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

dang,you weren't kidding when you said you got a lot of sea shels on your shore. Wow! Great pictures. I missed my daily dose of Tink.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen a beach with that many shells before! Fun!

I thought I was the only person in the world that couldn't remember numbers. Whew...it's good to know I'm not alone!

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

The lighting strike pics is just awesome. Good job. I've tried and tried to catch a lightning pic. I probably never will.

The WWC pics are great too.

You should have told the teenagers you guys were disecting a live kitten as part of a ritualistic sacrifice to the Gods. And then asked them if they wanted to drink the blood.

Aw heck, they would have joined in that too. Damn kids. Try "Get off my lawn/beach" instead.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

Wow...the wife and I were the same way on Sunday...lazy, couch potatos, no showers, left over lasagna and TV all day. It was brilliant! We watched the entire 2nd and 3rd seasons of Entourage

Question about #11: Can you really play a CD backward?? LOL

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Newt and Susan: See? I knew I needed proof. All those shells just didn't seem normal. Kind of takes the fun out of shell hunting huh? :)

Mama T: Thanks! I think we're going to make up for the drinking next weekend. My liver is feeling much too healthy.

Jay: It took us 45 minutes to capture those two lightening shots. And Hoop would have gladly kept trying for an hour more. Lol. I'll have to remember that ritualistic sacrifice routine the next time some kids make me feel old. *Pout* I'm too young to feel old.

Pamer: "Can you really play a CD backward??" You can with mixing software. First you have to download the file and then loop it backwards. I really don't understand what that would be good FOR, but it was pretty f'n creepy with the Baby Einstein CD.

And yes. I really am that much of a nerd.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Hubby LOVES Risk! I made the mistake of buying the computer game for him a few years back. He continues to play even though he knows that it is rigged. Maybe he hopes that this leap will be his leap home...Oh wait...sorry got a little confused there.

Also, women can pee standing up. Just use a whizzy.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Hey Tink! Great pics. Now were you moving too fast or the object you were shooting?

"6. Three things I want to do before I die:
Travel outside of the U.S. Write something worth publishing. Play Tinkerbell at Disney. And if flying down from that castle is a requirement, it just might be the LAST thing I do before I die." That sounds like fun :)

"7. Three things I can do:
Inhale and exhale at the same time." Really???? Uh... have to see that one ;)

 
At 05 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shells picture is gorgeous. How did you do that? What setting/stop?

And it's Jem and the HOLOGRAMS. The Misfits were the enemy girl band but they didn't warrant mentioning in the title of the show.

I totally had a Jerrica doll.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Don't you mean Jem and the Holograms? ;)

I'm at a loss for words over your pictures. They are all FANTASTIC but I'm most intrigued by the sand cave. It made my little kid imagination run wild.

 
At 05 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

You got some great photos!!

But damn, too lazy to get drunk?! And I think I might've puked with your beach food mixture... ewwww. I might still, just thinking about it!

 
At 06 September, 2006, Blogger EE said...

You didn't get drunk!!?!??!?! [shaking head] That's like me saying "I didn't drink beer last night" ;)

I *heart* your pictures of the beach. I absolutely *adore* the beach. Makes me jealous. Your tag cracked me up too, lol.

 
At 06 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Graymama: It's official. I need to buy STOCK in The Whizzy. Where was that when my dad dragged me out camping with the boys? I had to pee in a bush for cryin' out loud!

Mike Y: Believe it or not I can inhale through my mouth while exhaling through my nose. Great bar trick. And everyone should have one of those. ;)

Sarah and Chelle P: I was hoping someone would catch that. That's what I called them as a kid. I didn't really care for the holograms. I think I secretly hoped Jem would join the dark side. hehe

Sarah: That was pretty much a point and click shot. I hovered the camera about an inch off the shell and had to keep readjusting it so it wouldn't focus on the shell in front of it but rather the shells in the middle and back.

Chris and EE: I tried to make up for the lack of drinking by downing a couple bacardis last night. I got half way through the first one when I decided to eat cookies instead. Lol.

Chelle Y: Steal away! You're good at these kind of memes.

 
At 06 September, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

I love the sand cave - that is great photo!

 
At 06 September, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Your photos are gorgeous!

I still have my Jem doll. And her blinking earrings STILL WORK!

And I still remember the words to the theme song. I'll spare you, though.

 
At 07 September, 2006, Blogger eric said...

i've found that those categories as i grow up just don't work. when i look at them, i think of how it really depends on who i'm with, too. it's who you're with that defines you in a lot of ways.

e+

 
At 07 September, 2006, Blogger Freakazojd said...

I love how you interpreted the WWC words this week! Great idea for Risk - my hubby loved that game so much when he was in high school that he painted a map of the world on his bedroom wall and put a sheet of plexiglass over top. He and his friends would play (a very elaborate system involving typing things out, dropping them off to each player, and submitting the next move...I'm a little fuzzy on it since I've never played the game) and he would chart things on the map with a China marker. Crazy. Anyway. Um, where was I before the Risk tangeant? Ah yes. Your photos are GREAT. I love the seashell photo, the lighting and the sunset on the beach - what a beautiful, quiet mood that photo creates! :)

 
At 07 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Freakazojd: He made a wall-size Risk game?! Does he have pictures? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home