Monday, September 18, 2006

The Rundown

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday night Hoop and I picked up four movies: Nell, Fantastic-Four, Blade Runner, and Cheech and Chong UIS.
2. Could these movies be any more different from each other?
3. Watching all four back-to-back can cause the brain to bend in odd directions trying to make them correlate.
4. Like, "Wouldn't Cheech have understood Nell perfectly? I mean, I can't understand what either of them is saying."
5. After grabbing the movies, Hoop and I made a pitstop at a coworker's house.
6. She was having a bonafide "Country Party."
7. Which means big dogs, loud music, plenty of booze and redneck wrestling in the back yard.
8. We tried to stay only five minutes. But it took Hoop forty-five just to get out of the clutches of some woman who kept calling him my husband.
9. Saturday Hoop and I took a bike ride down town...
10. ...which ended in me dodging cars and cussing him out.
11. Mental note: do not take a novice rider onto busy one-lane cobblestone roads. If she doesn't get killed first, she WILL cause a scene.
12. After the fiasco ride we dropped the bikes off at Hoop's Mom's house and went back down town for a walk...
13. ...and a greasy lunch with Gelato for dessert.
14. We probably consumed more calories than we burned. But it's a start.
15. Saturday night Hoop and I went shark tooth hunting.
16. The first pile of shells produced two gorgeous specimens.
17. And then we walked and didn't find anything more for over an hour.
18. Until we went back to the first pile where we found four more.
19. We like to believe we're "experts."
20. But in truth, no amount of crackpot theories will make us smarter than Mother Nature.
21. Like, "I think there are more teeth where the water hisses and pops."
22. And that theory was made while completely sober.
23. Sunday I went to my parents' house to help them clean. My Grandpa from Arizona is coming to visit next weekend.
24. Hoop opted to stay home. (-50 brownie points)
25. While at my parents' I met the newest addition to the family, Emma, a stray.

26. She's so thin I could wrap one arm around her waist.
27. They're going to try and fatten her up before deciding to keep her or give her to another family.
28. When I got home, nine hours later, I saw that Hoop had relandscaped the front yard. It's gorgeous. (+150 brownie points)
29. Which gives me a reason to call my Realtor, who hasn't responded to my emails in three days.
30. I feel that if I'm stuck with this woman for two and a half more months I'm allowed to be as annoying as possible...
31. ...stopping only if I start to annoy myself.
32. Hoop and I laid low last night, indulging in this slice of heaven:

33. Which I'm going to bike ride to get rid of tomorrow.

Spam Mail:
Virile Ft. from Leopold Barker
Horrible Probation from Wilfred Gamble Is there a good kind?
Arbitrator Neutrality from Osmond Thompson
Hairy Grating from Silvester Kirkpatrick


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Touch


Release


(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Venus Flytrap...


...Catching Lunch.


Up Close


Nosy


Sleeping Tourist

25 Comments:

At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

I LOVE that release picture. It's so CUTE!

21. Like, "I think there are more teeth where the water hisses and pops."
22. And that theory was made while completely sober.

Too funny. *snort*

The dog is very cute. Poor baby needs some scooby snacks. Perhaps 2 or 3 boxes of them. And a nice juicy steak.

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Emma looks like a very happy pooch. Fatten her up, and I'll bet she's a keeper.

Riding around downtown while you're stilly a Wobbly? In Florida, with all those old people?? And people think I have a death wish.

I love the picture of the frog. Were his eyes that big before Hoop started squeezing?

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I love the frog pic and the venus fly trap pics. Very cool.

That old hound dog looks like a good dog.

Are you collecting the shark teeth for something specific like a necklace or Christmas ornaments? Or, just for the hell of it?

 
At 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the picture of the frog too! But even better was the one of that dessert..mmmmmmmmm. Might have to make up some brownies tonight for Foo and I after seeing THAT picture.

Emma looks very sweet. You just want to snuggle her. Foo and I fell in love with this sweet Beagle mix on TV yesterday. I kept telling Bitsy our cat she needs a puppy to play with. Of course, Foo didn't say a word, just commenting that the puppy was very cute. Sneaky. I think the cats took the hint they might have an intruder, because they were very snuggly yesterday...and today too!

Have a great one!

- Turtle

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

That tourist pic made me LOL. great pics as usual.

WTG Hoop on the landscaping, that means he's up 100 BP's for the weekend!

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Newt: We had to stop the boys from giving her too much food (hotdogs and nachos included) so she wouldn't eat too much too quickly and get sick. I have a feeling she'll be fat in no time. :)

Foo: Riding down town was NOT my idea. Hoop's my lil' daredevil. I think I'll be picking our (safe) destination next time.

Aren't those frog eyes weird? I've never seen one with that buggy of eyes before. I swear we live above a toxic waste dump or something. We once had a two-headed lizard.

Jay: Our reason for collecting the teeth is... because we can. Once they're found they sit in a pill jar in our cabinet. Maybe if we get enough we can think of something cool to do with em.

Turtle: Devil's Food Cake and melted chocolate frosting girl. Mmm Mmm! You know, they might be looking for a home for sweet Emma. *hint*

Mary: When I was taking the "Sleeping Tourist" shot these other tourist walked by laughing and giving me a hard time. But I just couldn't resist. hehe

 
At 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, on Friday night there was this guy in the hospital waiting room who was just randomly quoting lines from Up In Smoke. He was like, "I never smoked no heavy shit like this before, mang!" and he totally sounded like Cheech. It was hilarious.

That doggie looks really skinny. :(

 
At 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poor scrawny pup! she looks so sweet though!

I'm cracking up with the thought of a shark tooth Christmas tree, I think you should do it, much better than just leaving them in a box.

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Emma is very cute - don't you need another dog.. (ducks to avoid black eye :))

 
At 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching all of those movies, I'm surprised you didn't dream about Cheech and Chong running through a Science Fiction movie set blowing smoke rings and saying "Chick-a-pay".

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Yikes - you were on cobblestones?! Glad no one died...

The horse nose photo is wonderful!! Well, all of them are wonderful, but that one made me giggle!

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Emma knows she's in a good place, doesn't she? She looks pretty happy.

Loved your photos. And hopefully the new landscaping will kick things up a bit--curb appeal!

 
At 18 September, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

The pictures are so great! Way to go, Tink. You've outdone yourself. :)

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger V said...

Ouch...sleeping? That picture makes me want to NEVER be a sleepy tourist. Cute doggy! I hope they keep him!

 
At 19 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 - Hahahahaha!

Emma is so cute. Is she a coon hound? Is she outdoor or has she been house trained? Usually hunting dogs are mistreated, left outdoors, underfed. It makes me so angry. I hope your mom decides to keep her :o)

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Blade Runner is one of my favorite films!

Emma is just TOO cute :-) She will fatten up quickly.

The Nosy photo is my favorite, and Hubby and I always say the quote from the Simpsons "This looks like fun. A bench."

 
At 19 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool frog! And the equine nose shots are great, too! Remind your mom to put sunscreen on that critter's nose or it will get sunburned.

 
At 19 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute dog. She's beautiful. Definitely a keeper. Great photos too!

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Emma looks like a very sweet dog.

I think consuming more calories than you burn must be the best part of bike riding.

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I love that your family rescued that sweet, sweet stray dog. She looks so happy now. Especially after she gains some weight.

LOVE GELATTO. Its not really fattening you know. They don't use cream so its really just Vitamin D, baby!

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

What to do with the sharks' teeth: When you've filled the jar, put a neatly-lettered label on it that reads "Somewhere, there's a shark trying to gum a swimmer to death."

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Debbie: "They don't use cream so its really just Vitamin D, baby!" For real? AH! I think you just made my day... and my new favorite dessert.

Arabella: It's definitely gratifying. Just not very productive. lol.

OddMix: She does. Although he likes to lick it off. :)

Mama T: My favorite part is where they're sitting in the car cheesing as the cop rolls up and Chong starts wolfing down the pills. Classic.

Susan: We'd have to hot-glue them to a string or something. Not quite as much fun as popcorn. He he.

MrsPao: Oh no. I think I'm at my limit already. Although I have no problem encouraging other people to take more.

Wordgirl: My dreams are strange, but not THAT strange.

TB: I have no idea what she is. I'm used to ankle biters. Can anyone else confirm that she's a Coon Hound?

GrayMama: The version we watched was the directors cut. No voice-over, extended love scenes, they removed the "uplifting" ending and added some stuff that suggested the main dude is a robot too. I'd like to compare it to the first sometime. This one was rather long.

Foo: I'd be HAPPY if that were really the case. :D

 
At 19 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Turtle: Why does your blog come up in Japanese when I click on it???

 
At 21 September, 2006, Blogger Freakazojd said...

SHOOT, girl, you done good!!! Those are amazing shots - I especially love the one of the frog and the beautiful B&W horse photo.

 
At 21 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say she was a black and tan, maybe crossed with bluetic or foxhound. They are all very similar save for size and color so it is hard to tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home