1. Friday night Hoop and I picked up four movies: Nell, Fantastic-Four, Blade Runner, and Cheech and Chong UIS.
2. Could these movies be any more different from each other?
3. Watching all four back-to-back can cause the brain to bend in odd directions trying to make them correlate.
4. Like, "Wouldn't Cheech have understood Nell perfectly? I mean, I can't understand what either of them is saying."
5. After grabbing the movies, Hoop and I made a pitstop at a coworker's house.
6. She was having a bonafide "Country Party."
7. Which means big dogs, loud music, plenty of booze and redneck wrestling in the back yard.
8. We tried to stay only five minutes. But it took Hoop forty-five just to get out of the clutches of some woman who kept calling him my husband.
9. Saturday Hoop and I took a bike ride down town...
10. ...which ended in me dodging cars and cussing him out.
11. Mental note: do not take a novice rider onto busy one-lane cobblestone roads. If she doesn't get killed first, she WILL cause a scene.
12. After the
13. ...and a greasy lunch with Gelato for dessert.
14. We probably consumed more calories than we burned. But it's a start.
15. Saturday night Hoop and I went shark tooth hunting.
16. The first pile of shells produced two gorgeous specimens.
17. And then we walked and didn't find anything more for over an hour.
18. Until we went back to the first pile where we found four more.
19. We like to believe we're "experts."
20. But in truth, no amount of crackpot theories will make us smarter than Mother Nature.
21. Like, "I think there are more teeth where the water hisses and pops."
22. And that theory was made while completely sober.
23. Sunday I went to my parents' house to help them clean. My Grandpa from Arizona is coming to visit next weekend.
24. Hoop opted to stay home. (-50 brownie points)
25. While at my parents' I met the newest addition to the family, Emma, a stray.
26. She's so thin I could wrap one arm around her waist.
27. They're going to try and fatten her up before deciding to keep her or give her to another family.
28. When I got home, nine hours later, I saw that Hoop had relandscaped the front yard. It's gorgeous. (+150 brownie points)
29. Which gives me a reason to call my Realtor, who hasn't responded to my emails in three days.
30. I feel that if I'm stuck with this woman for two and a half more months I'm allowed to be as annoying as possible...
31. ...stopping only if I start to annoy myself.
32. Hoop and I laid low last night, indulging in this slice of heaven:
33. Which I'm going to bike ride to get rid of tomorrow.
Virile Ft. from Leopold Barker
Horrible Probation from Wilfred Gamble Is there a good kind?
Arbitrator Neutrality from Osmond Thompson
Hairy Grating from Silvester Kirkpatrick
Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:
(Some Random Weekend Pictures)