Friday, September 22, 2006

Revamp

Tink: Do you like my new blog-job?
Hoop: What is that in the title?
Tink: It's pickles and Bologna, duh.

My thanks to
Newt, for the inspiration and to Fa, for the dimensions. I kind of like it... It's retro.

And then again, I kind of think it looks like Barney puke. So it may be totally different by Monday. Ah, the possibilities of a weekend. Give me Paintshop and booze, I dare you!

Emma Update:
Wednesday morning, the day Emma's new family was coming to pick her up, the dog disappeared. Mom wasn't concerned at first. The dog is prone to wandering, obviously. But she always seems to magically appear around breakfast. This day she didn't. By late afternoon everyone was panicked, afraid Emma had been hit by a car or picked up by someone with less sincere intentions. So Papa Bear started knocking door to door.

It wasn't long before they got some information. The people two houses down admitted to calling the pound on her earlier that morning. To which my Stepdad responded, "Oh no! That's our friend's dog. We've been watching it for him while he's on vacation. He's going to be so upset." My Mom just stared at him, open mouthed. The neighbors looked puzzled, and then annoyed. "That dog has been wandering around the neighborhood for a week... and it's half starved!"

We still can't figure out if he meant to lie or if that's just what fell out of his mouth when he opened it.

So Emma's soon-to-be family went over to the humane society yesterday where they were told, quite rudely, "By law we have to quarantine her for five days. And we can't guarantee she wont contract something from one of the other dogs while she's here. You might want to have your vet check for Parvo if you get her. And if you're still interested by Tuesday you better not be over 30 minutes late. We're booked and we WILL put her to sleep."

I'm so glad common decency and humanity is still practiced in this day and age.

Cross your fingers that Emma is OK when they go to pick her up. This is a really kind family. They will take wonderful care of her. In fact... when the humane society offered to give them a discount on another (available) pooch instead of taking Em, they were outraged. They told them they'd be "waiting at the gate on Tuesday morning" and that the pound employees should be the ones worried about being 30 minutes late.

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:

The words for this weekend are...

Objective
Value

Participants can enter a drawing for a 7 day cruise!!

Not really... But it IS fun.

Spam Mail:
Whirlwind Yearbook from Paulina Donovan
Second Desist from Montague Lamb
Charmed Fallout from Adam Fleming

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: When I went to the interview I could tell the lady really liked me.
Tink: Oh? Well that's good.
Hoop: I really like this company. I hope I get the job.
Tink: Was she cute?
Hoop: *Answers quickly* NO.
Tink: MmmHmm.
Hoop: Are you feeling jealous?
Tink: Absolutely not. I was just curious.
Hoop: You wouldn't tell me if you were, would you?
Tink: Nope.
Hoop: Babe... Are you worried?
Tink: I said "NO."
Hoop: You have nothing to worry about. I love you. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
Tink: Now you're catching on.

Have a GREAT weekend!

21 Comments:

At 22 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get the pickles and blogna; I think you'd have to do it with more realistic pictures or drawings. I miss the voluptuous Tink picture you had up there for a while. Wasn't Marilyn Monroe the inspiration for the first Disney Tink?

Awww, tell Tink I've been using the "prettiest girl I've ever seen" line for 18 years now, and it ALWAYS works.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Freakazojd said...

HAWT Blog-job, very retro indeed! But I'm with mamalujo: I didn't get that it was pickles & bologna until I read your post. :)

Unfortunately some humane society people are GREAT and some are JERKS. It stinks that the kind people who are welcoming Emma into their home had to deal with the latter. Boo.

Hope you 2 crazy kids have a great weekend, too!!

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mamalujo1 + Freakazojd: Well... That's sort of the joke. It ended up looking NOTHING like pickles and Bologna lol. I'll probably redo it this weekend.

Mamalujo: I couldn't keep the lovely Tink graphic, as I wasn't the one who drew it. And I'd hate for the artist to find out and get ticked that I was using it. BUT... I might try to incorporate some of my own art. I can't promise it'll be any GOOD though lol.

"Introducing... stick-figure Tink!"

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Heh, the pickles are, um, somewhat phallic, aren't they?! :)

*fingers crossed for Emma*
What the hell kind of system are they running there?! Yikes.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Molly said...

I love the new look, the colors , the design, and the font. The Barney commentis funny. What fun to be able to create.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look! Pictures of cold cuts randomly thrown in would be sweet...but then I'd get hungry every time I was here...

Thinking good thoughts about Emma.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I like the new look. I think. It is retro. I guess I'll have to change mine up now too. I can't let you get ahead of me like this. haha

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

I love the look. And you make me want to drive down to your area this weekend and kick some puppy pound butt. What jerks. Dang. That's just wrong. And mean, and heartless, and alright, I'll stop.

I love the look. It's totally fun.

 
At 22 September, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

i'm keeping all fingers and all toes crossed for scrawny little Emma...unfortunately, now i've got finger and toe cramps now.

Now I'm gonna be the only honest person here...I don't like the pickles and bolgna, Sorry

 
At 23 September, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Very retro :) Nice new look!

I just don't understand people - they must have a rudeness gene.

 
At 23 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of my favorite hoop conversations ever! Tell Emma's new family that it sounds as if she's living the beginnings of a facinating new kids movie called "The Adventures of Emma". They could be millionaires if they get her! And if you write the screen play. Hey then you could be a millionaire too! Damn it, sometimes the world is so much nicer in my imagination, and it scares me that I prefer to view it from that vantage point. Endless possibilities,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 
At 23 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It SO sucks when people are rude about animals like that. Maybe if there weren't so many stupid people too lazy/crazy to get their pets fixed there might not be so many overrun shelters and they could focus on animals in need and doing right by them. OK I am fighting an animal rant...

Tink you need to catch on to the "lazy gals guide to great templates" mindset. Have a "Decorate Tink" contest! Then not only can other people do your labors (I am the master of getting others to do my labors, he he) but you can reward them by fame...notoriety..ego currency. They get to give YOU a blogjob and bannerize you.

PS And no copyright problem. Entries become the property of Tink, of course.

 
At 23 September, 2006, Blogger Betty said...

I recognized the pickles, but maybe if you made the beef look like little t-bones?

 
At 23 September, 2006, Blogger Betty said...

Or, little cows?

 
At 23 September, 2006, Blogger gawilli said...

Sounds like this humane society is anything but, in fact it's a bit of an oxymoron. Don't you think? Maybe it should be called the inhumane society.

Hey, cool. A cruise.

 
At 23 September, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Your blog looks beautiful!

Poor Emma! What's with people these days??? I hope she and her new family will be very happy when this is all behind them.

 
At 24 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new retro (oxymoron?) header.

 
At 24 September, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

Oh poor Emma! Thank goodness there are still some decent people out there!

 
At 25 September, 2006, Blogger F&W said...

Great new header! I also liked the one with Tink's picture.

Your tag line is the best, by the way. "I tink, therefore I am". GENIUS!

Good luck to both Emma and Hoop!!

 
At 25 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love it when the Blogger template users finally get to be creative and make their own banners, etc. I think you might be missing a part of the purple border, but otherwise, it looks like a neon sign.

 
At 26 September, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

I had a longer comment that I tried to post yesterday but blogger lost it 3x in a row. Then I gave up. Here's the idea though...

Love the new look. I'm glad you clarified the content. I looked at it quickly and then looked away just incase it was something I didn't want to see. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home