Monday, October 09, 2006

Natural High


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

High
Low


Click on his link above to check out the participants.

Although I had quite a few high moments this weekend, I didn't capture any of them in photographs. The Halloween Horror Night tickets requested we not bring cameras... Which everyone else chose to ignore. Maybe it was for the best though. I would have hated to drop my "Balls" while taking a picture because someone jumped out to scare me.

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday evening Hoop and I took his Mom down town to the local art walk.
2. They had music playing up and down the street, a Sublime cover band, a jazz group, a violin soloist...
3. ...all jumbled into a one big messy orgy.
4. The thing I love to look at the most while on these art walks isn't the artwork. It's the people.
5. Some people dress up. Some dress down. Some just come for the free food and wine.
6. And almost no one buys anything.
7. I also got a preview of what my life will be like if Hoop and I have kids.
8. Especially if they're like their father, reaching forward as if to TOUCH the two thousand dollar paintings.
9. Saturday morning we dropped the dogs off at my parents' and headed to Orlando.
10. Every other time I've gone to HHN I've skipped out on buying the pricey "Express Pass." It's the golden ticket that allows you to jump lines.
11. This year Hoop decided to bite the bullet, handing out $120 big ones for the luxury.
12. I don't think it's fair to base the quality of treatment you receive on how much money you have to spend. But...
13. ...my GOD it was nice not having to wait in 1-3 hour lines!
14. We whipped by the grumpy crowds of people, dodging the screams of "Take me with you!"
15. To which Hoop yelled back, "Not a chance Peasants!"
16. Early into the night we decided to take a break from the haunted houses and catch a show.
17. And then the sky opened up and rained on everyone's parade...
18. ...except for us. We were safely under a canopy watching "Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure."
19. The whole show was nothing but a parody of movies from 2006. There was a gay Superman sporting a red silk thong and a drunk Jack Sparrow.
20. They were nothing compared to the Selene (Underworld) look-alike though. She could do cartwheels up and down the stage in a black leather suit but couldn't shoot a bad guy that was two feet in front of her.
21. When we got out the park was wet... and people had lost their fucking minds.
22. The first thing I noticed was a young man running and shouting through the crowd, his whitey tighties on his head like a hat.
23. Then a large woman plowed her seven year old into the cement trying to outrun a clown that had jumped out at her.
24. The kid was OK. Not that the Mom noticed. She was too busy hugging a light post and screaming, "Oh ma LAWD it's scurry!"
25. And then there was the group of kids who kept taunting the poor zombies.
26. Bet you never thought you'd hear that sentence.
27. One of the haunted houses had a bathroom in it that was covered in water and fake poop. As if the visuals weren't bad enough it actually SMELLED like poo too.
28. Hoop gagged a couple times as I cheerfully pointed out the splatters on the wall. "Isn't that REALISTIC looking?!"
29. I think that was the only thing that scared Hoop that night.
30. After we left the park we went back to the hotel and- Did you really expect me to tell you about that? Pfft. Dream on.
31. We had a great time!
32. It was a fitting anniversary celebration for a couple whose first kiss was in a graveyard. ;)

18 Comments:

At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I'd totally be there with Hoop and gag at fake poop. I can't even think about poop without my gag reflexes kicking in. Yuck!

Sounds like you had a great time and that's wonderful to hear. The woman freaked out by the scary clown cracks me up.

Happy anniversary!

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

What a fun weekend! Glad to hear you had a nice anniversary.

To which Hoop yelled back, "Not a chance Peasants!"

LOL, I can just hear him saying that as you whip on by the crowd like a blur.

 
At 09 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...if it looked real and it smelled real...how do you know it wasn't real?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Happy Anniversary!

Oh and about the if you ever have kids thing...from personal experience, Hoop won't all of a sudden grow up, he'll always be like that, but I guess that's part of his charm, eh?

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

"Some just come for the free food and wine." That would be me. haha

"Not a chance, peasants" That is the greatest line ever!

It sounds like it was total pandimonium over there. People running around screaming, crying and drunks staggering around. God I wish I had been there! LOL

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger EE said...

God...haunted houses freak me out BIG TIME. I can watch scary movies w/o batting an eye, but actually GOING and BEING scared IRL is not my forte... My dad took me to one when I was a teenager and it was the last one I ever went to, they kept reaching otu and grabbing me and I think I was permanently scared for life, lol. UGH.

Sounds like a fabulous weekend and a great way to spend your anniversary. :)

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I went to a haunted house once. Once. No way ever again uh-uh! I would be that lady plowing over her toddler and 4-year-old screaming like a southern british person ("Oh ma LAWD it's scurry!" I keep saying this out loud and I can't get it right...)

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Brooke said...

Ugh...the smell of poo? I thought the cold spaghetti brains were bad!

Glad you had fun!

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger eric said...

that lady was black, right?

that's what it sounds like.

e+

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Hooray for a fun anniversary, even though it included stinky poop.

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Many happy returns. Love you guys.

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger gawilli said...

And then there was the group of kids who kept taunting the poor zombies.

Sounds like school.

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Sounds like a blast! But I have a hard time believing that you didn't take ANY pictures the whole weekend. Party pooper ;) hehehe.

 
At 10 October, 2006, Blogger Allison said...

LOL! Yay for graveyard trysts! (I'll just leave it at that in my case. LOL!)

Happy anniversary!

Allison

 
At 10 October, 2006, Blogger Kim Fernandez said...

The thing is, if you do have kids, you'll very very quickly reach the point (at least if you're smart like I think you are) where the very thought of taking them to a place where they could touch $2,000 paintings actually makes little shudders of horrors go up your spine and you dry heave a little, and you either pony up for a sitter or just don't go. Because touching the $2,000 painting? Small potatoes in the world of what a toddler can do at an outdoor art show.

I'm about to lose my breakfast just thinking about it.

 
At 10 October, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mike: NOTHING is supposed to gross you out anymore; you have a kid! I could tell you some stories about cleaning up after my little brothers (in the bathroom) that would put you off food for a week.

Newt + Candy: At first I was mortified. "OMG, they're going to attack us when we come out..." And each line got a little funnier "...because you know they're going to be in the exact same spot we left them in."

Susan: >>So...if it looked real and it smelled real...how do you know it wasn't real?<< Because... um... huh. You know, you have a point there!

Jay: I wish you'd been there too. A couple times during the night we just leaned back on a wall and watched the mayhem ensue. It was great.

EE: Fear is a funny thing. I admire the people who know what they can and can't handle. There are a lot of people who can't handle this kind of adrenaline rush, go anyway, and are miserable.

Mignon: Southern British?! *Snort* Now IM trying to imagine it.

Brooke: No peeled grapes either. ;)

Eric: *Ding,ding,ding* We have a winner!

Graymama + Chris: Thank you!!

Chelle Y: I don't mind diapers. What would kill me is the early AM feedings. Maybe Hoop and I should make a deal now BEFORE we get started in the kid department?

Gawilli: Yes it does! I think I might have been one of the infected.

Mary: Um... I took one of a clock. I didn't think that would make for a very interesting post. I promise I'll try harder this weekend.

Alien: I hear that girl. There's just something beautiful and taboo about a graveyard.

Kim: LMAO. That is so true! Teach me O' Wise One.

 
At 10 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the poo smell is the scariest thing too. You have to wonder where it came from...

 
At 10 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so ashamed... I am still laughing at the thought of the 8 year old being plowed under by the fat mom. Can't stop. Must. Regain. Control.

There is nothing worse than a slacker who taunts other slackers. Slacker ;)

 
At 19 October, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

One of the haunted houses had a bathroom in it that was covered in water and fake poop. As if the visuals weren't bad enough it actually SMELLED like poo too.

I think that would have scared the shit out of me too. (Horrible I know but I couldn't resist) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home