Wednesday, September 19, 2007

All Hands On The Poop Deck

Ahoy matey!

Me name's Cap'n Tink. Today be
"Talk Like a Pirate Day!" Arrrr! So unless ye be a bilge-sucking blaggard, get out ye rum and ale and sing me a shanty. We've no room for landlubbers here. Unless ye wish to meet yer end feeding tha fish in tha briny deep, by flog or plank or keelhaul. Put away yer cutlass, dog. Pour another round of grog! Grab the nearest wench or broad. For pirates we be. Yo ho!



Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: Did you shake the rug for me?
Hoop: Like a baby.

In The News:
(This shit just blows my mind)

Police Question Armless Man In Neighbor's Death
September 18, 2007

SNELLVILLE, Ga. -- Police questioned an armless man Monday about the death of his neighbor. Relatives of Charles Keith Teer, 47, claim he died after the armless man head-butted and kicked Teer during a fight. The two men lived across the street from each other on Pine Street in the Atlanta suburb. Teer's relatives told police the men were arguing over a woman.

Teer's sister said the armless man attacked her brother. "They got into a big confrontation, a verbal confrontation and a fist fight and he came after my brother, he came will full force, and head butted him as hard as he could," said Lynn Elliot. She said Teer collapsed and died a short time after the fight. Police questioned the armless neighbor, and will decide by Tuesday afternoon if any charges will be filed.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At 19 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They got into a big confrontation, a verbal confrontation and a fist fight..."

Too funny! I'd love to see THAT one. I'm on the armless guy's side. Where do they come up with these things?

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Hilary said...

Ye had me at rum.

At least the armless guy has his other limbs... otherwise he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Shiver me timbers!

I would have answered...

Like my moneymaker!

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me!

 
At 19 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you see the irony of this news story on "talk like a pirate day"!?

Damn and blast! 'Tis time to hit the grog and fondle the ladies!

 
At 19 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arggghhhh ... me thinks ya wants some booty .. argghhhh or is that me?

~Jef

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

ARRRRRRRRR! Let's see you shiver your timbers matey! ;-)

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

I...I don't know HOW to talk like a pirate...

I feel so foolish.

I'll go have some of that rum now.

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Mad Jenny Kidd here, avast de crazed land lubbers, killeen a man wit his head, and legs...

den, day gunna make the armless pirate walk the plank? argg... dats rum dum! :roflol:

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Arrrr!

 
At 19 September, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Fight fight. I wanna see it! Hee hee.

 
At 19 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess there's no joy in Snellville...all over a woman. Go figure.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Avast! Imagine getting into a fight with somebody with no arms! That must be one tough arm-free guy.

Yo ho ho.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

Armless guy must have a wicked headbutt.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Spamboy said...

It's a good day to be a one-armed dude -- perhaps he could sweet-talk a pirate and swing a hook to go in its place?

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Lynn@ZelleBlog said...

1. What kind of movies do pirates like?

Rated arrrrrrrr.

2. Should I tell that joke every year on pirates day until people hit me?

3. On the fight: never underestimate the power of a flailing head.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

arrrrrrrgggggg, shiver my limbs I fought a man to his death without the need of my arms.
What a bizarre story...a fist fight? With what, his freakin toes?
Always,
Crusty~

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I'll bring the tequila versus the rum..does that still count?
Always,
crusty~

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Starchy said...

How sick am I that I can't stop laughing about an armless man in a fist fight?

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Armless man? Haha!

You and Hoop are equally as funny!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Pamer said...

i'll thank you to keep your hands OFF my Poop Deck

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

BAHAHAHA...your Hoop convo cracks me up!

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Oh, would that someone had captured this "fist fight" on camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home