Pride For Sale
1. How low does someone have to get to sell their Mother's burial plot on Craigslist?
2. What about the wedding ring off their still-married hand?
3. In the past few months I've seen numerous postings for cars, jewelry, and wedding dresses all under the headline of "Lost job. Must sell!"
4. But today there was such a sadness in their posts. As if they were really saying, "Please don't make me do this."
5. How can anyone deny that we're in a recession?
6. I'm currently looking for a new car. Mine is costing me as much as a second mortgage each month.
7. Despite the fact that it guzzles gas and oil, both back tires are bald and losing air, that it has a severe coolant leak and that it can't go faster than 70mph without losing control...
8. I'll be sad to see it go.
9. Hoop keeps asking me what I want to get next. As in, "What color? What kind? How big?" My answer of "cheap" and "runs well" apparently isn't good enough.
10. I'll drive anything. No seriously.
11. If you wanted to strap on some wheels and could get me to work in under an hour, I'd pay YOU each month. You wouldn't even have to change out of your PJs.
12. Saturday morning we ate wedding cake!
13. After a month of anticipating and planning, my Mom backed out last minute. If she was waiting for me to reschedule because of her, it didn't happen. I had cake on the brain.
14. We decided on three tiers, each a different flavor. The bottom layer is going to be Hoop's favorite, vanilla with raspberry filling. The second layer is going to be almond and the third is going to be key lime flavored. Mmmm.
15. I took extras to Hoop's Mom and then finished off the rest for breakfast the next morning.
16. I'm wondering if I can do it again in a couple months. I might have to get my dress let out.
17. Besides being sold on the actual taste of the cakes, the ladies running the place were amazing. Neither had gotten more than an hour of sleep the night before. One due to baking and the other because of a concert. But instead of being dull, we chatted and laughed for over an hour.
18. Don't worry, I relieved Hoop halfway through. He didn't even hesitate on his way to the comic store next door.
19. Yesterday, Hoop and did some much needed house work and watched all three Lord Of The Rings movies.
20. I'm officially overdosed on LOTR.
21. Although I really shouldn't complain about watching Orlando Bloom for twelve hours straight.
22. There are worse things... ;)
How did your weekend go?