Monday, May 05, 2008

Blurg

My laziness has hit a new low.

I'm too lazy to write a decent post today, which is what I used to do when I was too lazy to work. So now instead of procrastinating work by posting, I'm procrastinating posting, which I do to procrastinate working, so I can stare at my computer screen and daydream about what I'm going to do on the weekend. Which, by the way, is currently five days from now. I really think I need a more stimulating job. Maybe something that will kill me if I don't do it. "If you don't push this button every six seconds on the second an anvil will fall on your head." Now THAT'S motivating!

We went and saw Iron Man this weekend. See how lazy I am? I can't even be bothered to link to the site. The movie was, for lack of a better word, fucking-awesome. It's one word! See, I put a little "-" thingy in there. The graphics rocked. The story rocked. The music rocked. And Robert Downey Jr. was HOT. There. It's limited vocabulary Monday folks. Deal with it. No matter who you are, you should go see this flick. Hoop, Lil Bit and I gave it five sporks up. Also, wait until after the credits roll. There's an extra clip at the end.

For those of you who live under rocks... It's OK. I don't judge. ...today is Cinco De Mayo. I think that translates to Drink-tequila-until-you-can't-pronounce-the-word-tequila Day. Yay!! Actually, it's a celebration of the day Mexico declared Independence from Spain. But no one ever mentions that part. To celebrate, my boss has bought 200 cheap straw sombreros to give out at promotions around town. When I mentioned they looked cheap to a friend, he said, "Have you ever seen an expensive one?" Touche. I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Drunk people will take anything as long as it's free.

Come on, you know it's true.

I once gave a drunk friend of mine a shoe. She continued talking like it was no big deal. So I decided to give her more things. By the time I ran out of things to give her she had a shoe, a pen, my phone, a stack of coasters, an empty cup, and my purse in her hands. She didn't catch on until everyone started laughing. Then she looked down and said, "Where did all this crap come from?!" I'm not sure if Hoop and I will brave the crowd tonight or just drink at home and play Grand Theft Auto. I think I might be addicted. I played until 11 last night and just before I was going to call it quits, I found a baseball bat. It was all downhill from there.

So how did your weekend go and do you have any big plans tonight?

Labels: ,

28 Comments:

At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

Mmmmm... Robert Downey Jr. Troubled, but oh-so-very-very hot.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

But at least you wrote something Tink! That is more than what I do when I feel like that.

Maybe instead of an anvil, just a bit of an electrical shock? or maybe sporked?

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

i'm psyched to see iron man, it's about time we got another decent comic movie (last one i think was the first Matrix)

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

I've heard amazing things about iron man. Can't wait to see it.
I'm so damn lazy about my blog I'm just not going to do it. If I had to press a button every six seconds I would already be dead.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm giving out shoes to drunk people tonight.

Today is also my favorite grandmother's birthday. which would have irked her it was to celebrate Mexican independence.

I'm glad RD Jr. has had a good movie. He has a good interview in Reader's Digest. I'm g;ad he's had a good start.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger geenalyn said...

i'm currently suffering from wii shoulder due to playing mario kart any chance i got.....

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Everyday is drink tequila day for me. ;-)

Drunk people are always fun to mess with.

I want to see Iron Man too. I'll probably wait til it comes out on DVD though cause I hate theaters. Actually I hate kids in the theaters. The theater itself is fine. ;-)

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger J said...

I'm hoping Iron Man will still be out with our local drive-in theater opens for the season. I find the idea of a 20' tall Iron Man appealing, especially if there are a lot of explosions that go along with him.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, do they play at Black Sabbath song? I AM IRON MAN!!!! Love it!! I must go with my oldest son, if my dh doesn't beat me to it. Problem is, the nearest movie theater is at least 45 minutes away. Living in the middle of nowhere has its disadvantages...
Guitar Hero is the big new thing here, and no one has given me a chance to play yet! Now they are all better than me... :(

I'm saving my Cinco de Mayo celebration for Friday night. Two old friends are coming into town and we are running away together for the weekend. Reminds me of the old Loverboy song, "Everybody's working for the weekend." (Yep, I'm old)

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

A few of my friends saw "Iron Man" this past weekend. I cannot wait to see it too! Is it "kid-friendly" because I am going to have to take a little boy with me. :)

Hey, I took him on my "date" with Jason Bourne, I am sure I can take him when I go on my date with Iron Man! LOL!

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Mary said...

1.) Tom won't go see Iron Man with me. He hates RDjr.

2.) I want to get GTA4 but I'd never get to play, cuz that's the sort of thing Jake would want to play too.....So to dissuade him, he'd have to be unaware that we have it.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Lynnea said...

Over the weekend, we did: nothing.

Tonight, I'm planning to do: nothing.

Yeah, life is exciting in the Moss house.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

I want a cheap sombrero!

Today I'm looking forward to dinner at my favourite Japanese restaurant, where I go every Monday. They boil up noodles in soup, and then crack an egg into the bowl and it cooks itself in the soup as they bring it to the table. I love that egg. That egg makes Mondays good.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger meno said...

Seems like a decent enough post to me, but i might have low posting standards.

Thanks for the tip about Iron Man. I might have to go see it tonight.

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Whassamatta? Too much prommin' last weekend?

I broke down and went to IM last night... not the greatest super-hero film of all time, but it was on the high end...

And Gwynneth was remarkably cute too...

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

plans tonight? I have to admit getting around some beers and whisky to, um, celebrate Mexican independence or whatever....

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Your malaise is ridiculous. Ridiculous, I tell you! and entertaining too. Thanks. Sorry for your dreadful morning but it made my evening enjoyable. What, am I some kind of parasite? Apparently. And Downey Jr. Hot? It was a dreadful morning, wasn't it?

 
At 05 May, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

my kids are all over iron man.

and in my house, cinco de mayo is merely birthday de oldest child. :-)

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger minijonb said...

Iron Man was sooo awesome, i swore i wasn't going to blog about it. so it would be my secret and no one would go see it.

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Jo said...

I haven't even heard of Iron Man...but I do like RD Jr.

Your drunken friend story was hilarious...I love messing with drunk friends.

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger OneDaisy said...

Ok, considering the fact that I'm now single AND in heat, I need to go see the movie just so I can quietly enjoy a hot man on a huge screen. It will be good that the theatre is dark!

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

I cooked chicken on Cinco de Mayo. I had a glass of wine. The husband did too.

Tonight we have a date to go see "Iron Man" together, so I was excited to see you hearted it!

My life is exciting.

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Robert said...

Very cool to hear Iron Man rocked!!! I am hoping with fingers crossed the new Hulk movie lives up to the comic. GTA sounds like one of those games where you start at 8 and before you know it it is morning time lol sounds like you have almost never a dull moment

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Tequila Mockingbird said...

yeaaaaaaaah, ive been procrastinating doing posts too. at some point, blogging almost becomes a burden, and i think all of us need to step back so we dont get overwhelmed. well, i'm glad you posted!

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Oh, I'm there. Hubster and I have a date to see the movie on Sunday. Yippee! I've always loved RD Jr. When he was on Ally McBeal I would squirm the entire hour. Yum!

 
At 06 May, 2008, Blogger Lefty said...

Had Mexican beer at a Mexican restaurant.

Viva La Cerveza!

 
At 07 May, 2008, Blogger Eric Shonkwiler said...

I'm gonna have to try that trick at parties.

Iron Man was great. Are you nerd enough to be giddy about the Avengers movie?

 
At 09 May, 2008, Blogger Christy said...

Iron Man was flippin' fantastic and Robert Downey Jr was more than HOT, he is now fantasy worthy in my head. If I were a guy I wouldn't be able to stand up right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home