Bon voyage, June
June Hit Statistics:
1. The top referrers were Alien and Krista.
2. The most used search term was, "potato berries."
3. The most mature search term was, "butt flu."
4. The most bizarre search term was, "he did not have the friendly."
5. My favorite search term was "spork him Batman."
6. The highest hit post (204) was on June 4th, the day I got quoted on Blogtations.
30 Quirks For 30 Days:
1. I don't mind motorcycles... unless they're Harleys.
2. No one buys a Harley to go fast. They buy a Harley to drive 10 miles under the speed limit, taking up both lanes, during rush hour traffic.
3. They might as well buy a really fancy moped.
4. If it were acceptable, I would never wear shoes.
5. I love making sound effects. My new favorite is Wall-E's voice.
6. For me, falling in love with a book is remarkably similar to falling in love with a person.
7. In the beginning, it's impossible to eat or sleep with any frequency. My attention is focused almost to the point of infatuation.
8. I get my heart broken by books too. With a human, you can always hope for more. At the very least, you could Google them later to see what they're up to.
9. With books, it's done when it's done, regardless if you're ready. You'll never know what happened next. You'll never see those characters again.
10. I once stopped reading a book two chapters to the end because I knew the main character was going to die.
11. It was about Cleopatra. Silly, huh? I mean, I KNEW she was going to die from the beginning. But by the end of the book (900 pages later), I couldn't bear to read about her dying. I loved her too much.
12. I hate friendly competition.
13. The only time I like to compete is when something important is at stake.
14. Hoop's family is the exact opposite. They show that they love someone by making them look like an ass. Usually the game is poker. But they'll settle for Risk, putt-putt, horseshoes, video games, and hunting Easter eggs too.
15. My only defense is to lose faster. :)
16. At work, I'll only fix something if someone complains about it three times in six months. I call it my "Rule To Keep From Going Crazy".
17. I have 698 songs on my IPod.
18. I don't own any clothes that are yellow.
19. Sometimes I get scared that nothing remarkable is ever going to happen to me.
20. I love to air dry after a hot shower.
21. Nothing makes me fall asleep faster than a violent storm.
22. It makes me sad that no one from my family asks if I'm going to college anymore.
23. Sadder still, I've even stopped hoping that I will.
24. When I'm really bored, I like to type in random urls to see what kind of information they pull up.
25. When I was little my paternal Grandfather owned a goat named Billy. Billy liked to drink beer with my Grandpa on Sunday evenings.
26. One time Billy got a little too drunk and ended up in the pool.
27. My Grandpa, not knowing that goats could swim, tried to jump in after him. There was a scuffle and Grandpa got hurt.
28. That was the end of the beer drinking Billy goat. The family joke was that Grandpa sold him to the first person that could get him out.
29. But I never found out for sure.
30. Some days I love having an old house. I'm always finding "treasures" in the yard.
*31. Yesterday I found a little toy boat, half buried in the dirt behind the Buttonwood bush.
*32. Before that it was a tiny red car beneath the shed and a plastic dinosaur in the brush beside the fence.
*33. It makes me think back to the day we moved away from Indiana. I was eleven. I left a note in the corner of the basement that said, "Hi. I hope you love this house as much as we did."
Labels: Good-bye Month