Friday, June 27, 2008

Sudden Death Match

Despite having "sudden" in the title, this match will go on for two and a half days, starting today at 5pm (EST) and ending on Sunday at midnight. One of these contestants has an amazing lead, which almost caused me to cancel the sudden death match entirely. But tradition is tradition folks, and I'd like to give the people who voted for the other three contestants a chance to make this one count. So for your voting pleasure, here are the top three contenders:

(Click For Larger View)

Peeking

Bullshittier

It's What's For Blog


VOTE HERE!

Please, only vote ONCE. If you'd like to see the poll results, you can go
here.

In Other News:
1. The cleaning lady wasn't fired! In fact, she came in yesterday with her nine year old daughter and made the little girl apologize to my coworker. I'm not sure who was more mortified. "I was afraid I was going to make her cry!" My coworker told me afterward. I only wish I'd been around to see my post-it-note pen pal. I'm thinking of leaving her a small present, via her Mother. Whatcha think?
2. I would like to clarify that the coworker who was vandalized was NOT the same coworker in the conversation on Wednesday. But for those who were curious, the last coworker is 31 years old. I'm thinking of putting a globe in this year's Christmas gift exchange.
3. Hoop called our original wedding location yesterday to see if they'd mailed out our check yet. I was getting worried, seeing as they'd told us it was in the mail two weeks ago. Come to find out, they hadn't. Why am I surprised at this?!

Random Conversation:
(On the phone)
Tink: Hi, I was just calling to update some information.
Wedding Cake Lady: OK?
Tink: Our wedding venue has changed. We found out a few weeks ago that the coordinator had overbooked the place.
Wedding Cake Lady: Oh no! That's horrible!
Tink: Tell me about it. But we found a new location and I'm going to need to have the cake delivered there instead.
Wedding Cake Lady: Not a problem.
Tink: Also, my cellphone number has changed-
Wedding Cake Lady: -OK.
Tink: I should probably mention that those two are totally unrelated.
Wedding Cake Lady: *Laughs* I was afraid to ask!
Tink: Yeah, I'm not hiding from them or anything.
Wedding Cake Lady: I thought maybe you had punched that coordinator.
Tink: Oh I wanted to. But then how would we ever get our money back?

Have a fantastic weekend Homebloys!

Labels: , , ,

29 Comments:

At 27 June, 2008, Blogger moo said...

So now I'm totally going to change my vote. Just because I'm annoying like that.

Also? I would call your old venue EVERY FRICKIN' DAY until they mail the check. I am not even kidding about this.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Oh, you should by all means include a globe! Then conspire with all the rest to make sure she gets it. 31 is far to old to not know geography beyond her own back yard.

Love your conversations, hope you get your money back soon.

Oh, I'm not changing my vote.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

pfft... no contest, again. :)

I think you should leave the little girl a present - I LOVE that idea! I'm sure she'd be thrilled with anything, stickers or something. How fun!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Lovins!
fiwa

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

I'm glad the cleaning lady wasn't fired. And that she brought her daughter in to apologize.

I think round two is going to be a blowout.

I agree with Moo. I'd be calling AT LEAST once a day and asking if they have sent the check yet.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

I like your wedding cake lady.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

You really should keep calling and calling. Try to keep them on the phone as long as possible to. I used to work in collections.

A little gift is a cool idea. What do nine year olds like these days? Smokes? A fifth of Schnapps's? I'm so out of touch.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

Your original wedding location should be put to sudden death. :-p

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

Well, I am so relived that the cleaning lady didn't get fired and her daughter probably learned something from this...Oh who knows with kids now days.
Anyway, I like the idea of getting her a little gift. A subscription to Playgirl?

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

oh i TOTALLY think you should get the little kid something. crayons? markers? a sketch pad?????

or maybe some multicolor post-its of her own.

and. call the wedding place every stinkin' HOUR if necessary. inexcusable.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, get that little girl a big pad of post-it notes. I'm glad her mom didn't get fired.

And I agree, NAG that wedding place!

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Pamer said...

i can't wait to see the new banner Tink.

So does that mean once you get the cheque...you're marching over and delivering a knuckle sandwich??? Yes! awesome! chick fight!!

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger flutter said...

Oh my God that "now bullshittier" one kills me

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger LL said...

I'll leave the voting to those who already registered... :P

I say don't call the Hilltop. You and Hoop go there and ask for the check in person, then go cash it immediately. This check's in the mail crap is just a way of keeping your money.

 
At 27 June, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Aw, I voted and didn't even realize that that one said "Bullshittier!" That's 'cause it's after 11pm and these old bones can't handle this. Man, what a wild Friday night, me and Pickled Beef snug in my bed with my laptop...hum, sorry bout that!

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

I'm so glad she didn't get fired! I think a little gift is a great idea, but pffffft, I gots no clues as to what 9 year olds are into???

I'm with ll, you guys may just need to go ask for your money back in person. Do either you or Hoop know a lawyer?

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger Peggy said...

Right - I'd call every day that the mail is delivered and doesn't come up with the check. It is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

I love that you're going to leave a present for the cleaning woman's daughter.

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Yes yes yes - leave a little gift!!!

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger Lynnea said...

You have a most excellent cleaning lady and I vote yes on the little gift.

Also, I love your cake lady!

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

i want to dry hump your cake lady. and your cake too.

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger Gordo said...

1) Yes, leave the girl a present. Or at least a card telling her how much you enjoyed having a pen-pal.

2) You cake lady is awesome and I think it should be legal for the bride to pummel anyone who messes with their wedding day. That's just not cool. And dangerous.

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

Oh right, 'the check's in the mail'.
Right up there with 'I won't _______(you know) in your mouth'.

 
At 28 June, 2008, Blogger the Bag Lady said...

So glad to hear the cleaning lady wasn't fired, and that she brought the little girl in to apologize! Gee, there are some happy endings, and some good parents!

Yup, get her a gift. That would be sweet.

And yes, go in person and get the cheque. Otherwise, you'll probably never see it.

 
At 29 June, 2008, Blogger Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Cake ladies are cool! They are the "sweetest."

9 year olds are totally into Hanna Montana (come on, y'all knew that!)

Any type of lip gloss (flavored, of course) and a pretty flower/foofy pen with some multi-colored post-its -- she'd luuuuuv it!

Just make sure she doesn't think that this behaviour ends with an apology and a prize ;-) LOL!

 
At 29 June, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

When my mom used to clean our church, I would take the money out of the "change box" and buy me a soda from the coke machine.

Hey, at least the money was going back to the church. You know, I for got about that story until I just read your blog.

Yes, it does get boring for kids when they have to go to work with their moms. Poor little girls.

 
At 29 June, 2008, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Glad the lady didn't get fired. What happened with her little girl is exactly what should have happened. She was made to apologize. If kids don't make mistakes and then have to right them, how else can they ever learn?

 
At 30 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say about the results? We LOVE your face!

 
At 30 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to disagree with everyone else... I wouldn't buy the girl anything. Vandalism is not OK, no matter how bored you are. Would you buy the kid across the street a gift if he spray painted your house, because he had nothing better to do?

Also, I think I would call the reception place & tell them you'll be there tomorrow to pick up your check!

 
At 30 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I should add, if the girl is still coming to work with her mom, you could leave her notes that require a response. That way she's had something non-destructive to do!

 
At 30 June, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Hmmm, 9 huh? Is that too old for those little pet shop animals? Those are kinda cool. And then she can take her little pets and have them run around the office. Maybe even poop on people's desks :-)

Ha ha ha ha

Leave her a pet shop toy and a box of chocolate covered raisins.

I crack myself up.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home