Thursday, June 19, 2008

Something Else

I realize I've been kind of negative lately, what with talk of termites, wedding woes, and gripes about America. I'm not going to do that today...

I just thought I'd let you know.

Shit That Rocks


1. Two of our fellow bloggers (and personal friends of mine), Newt and OneDaisy, are trying to raise money for MS. They're going to put those cute feet of theirs to work and they need some sponsors! No donation is too small. Have a heart, click over to
Feets Of Fancy. A special spork-themed award to anyone who participates.

2. My company's key account manager and I had geared up all morning for yet another long, boring webinar. But just as the conference was starting, and I had wondered aloud whether we even needed to be there, the webinar went down. "Maybe we should wait?" I asked. But the KAM was already shutting things off. "Looks like no webinar today!" He replied cheerfully. Before I'd even had a chance to move from my chair, he was out the door. "Where are you going?" I asked him. "Fishing!" And he was serious! Thank God for Florida living.

3. This place:

Obviously, since I don't own a helicopter, I did not take this picture. But it's beautiful, isn't it? Somewhere down there is Hoop's and my ceremony location. I should have pictures of it specifically in the next two weeks. Yay!

4.
"The Story Of Stuff", an awesome website that Mike sent me to. The video is 20 minutes long, but well worth it. My Mom actually thanked me for sending it to her and plans on incorporating it into an article she's writing for her business website. You should check it out. It may just change your life.

Tell me some other shit that rocks.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 19 June, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Wow, that is very pretty Tink! So, did you go off and do something exciting too?

I will go check out the links now.

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

It looks gorgeous!

 
At 19 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) While I can't walk 200 miles, I can certainly contribute. (And not just because I'll do just about anything for a spork award!)
2) Brings new meaning to "gone fishing!"
3) BEAUTIFUL!!
4) Am in the midst of watching it now, but paused to say thanks! Now back to the video...

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

I'll watch the video from home tonight - it looks interesting.

I LOVE your wedding venue! It's even better than the other place, and I thought that place was cool till the crapped on you. What a gorgeous setting.

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

THAT is one beautiful settings for the wedding that begins the rest of your life! Ha! Did I get you? The rest of your life? That used to freak me out...on the other side of the I do's.

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

Golly, maybe I should remarry my wife and do it there?

 
At 19 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of your village (or like the little Asian man in "When Harry Met Sally" says...willage) is incredibly charming.

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, that is a kick-ass location for a wedding ceremony! WOOT!

Other shit that rocks: my kids are both sleeping. Finally.

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

It looks like a magical place, where you're having your reception. It's not the magic kingd0m is it?! ;)

 
At 19 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to add my STR:

Vacation begins on Monday. MAYBE we get to see Gary in pottery action!! Maybe...

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger LL said...

That's a picture? Hmmm...

I never get over how flat and wet Florida is...

 
At 19 June, 2008, Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for promoting the story of stuff Tink, it's the only environmental movement that has ever EVER seen the big picture and gotten it right.

You rock man.

 
At 20 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You negative??? No way ...

Hey is that you and Hoop walking naked by the river in that picture?

Knot

 
At 20 June, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Your wedding is going to be in a beautiful location!

 
At 20 June, 2008, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

Gorgeous location!

 
At 20 June, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

Here's something that rocks...

I was scheduled to be severely understaffed today, and was freaking out about it. My husband, who has been doing some freelance work for my employer, offered to sub in for one of my missing staff members. At first I didn't take him seriously, but he insisted. So he showed up today, worked hard, and basically saved my butt. Is that not awesome? I still worked a 10.5 hr day, but I felt happy the whole time.

 
At 22 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea for a post. I think it's easy to get into complaining instead of celebrating.

Your wedding location looks gorgeous! As for The Story of Stuff, I'm off to check it out now. Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home