Friday, June 13, 2008

Very Big Show

As I mentioned a few posts ago, it's almost time for the 3rd Annual Summer Extravaganza! For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, I've included links to last year's celebration with the schedule of events below.

June 23rd - June 27th: Blog Header Showdown
Six blog headers, three contestants from
last year against three new contestants for this year, duke it out in a battle royale for the rights to this blog. The three with the highest votes on Friday will face off in a sudden death match over the weekend. The winning header will be named on Monday and placed on it's throne, where it will sit for the remainder of the year in Pickled Beef glory. Exciting, no?

July 1st (Tuesday): Happy New Half Of The Year!
The celebration to commemorate the first half of 2008 will begin at noon, when the second half of 2008 officially makes an appearance. Bring your bathing suit. We're going to have a chocolate fountain!

July 18th (Friday): PB Contest
Five sets of five trivia questions about this blog posted at 9am, 1pm, 5pm, midnight, and once randomly (Eastern time) for PRIZES.
Last year's winners were given the choice of a mailed goodie bag or a personal post. Don't miss out! The questions aren't too hard. I even allow cheating!

July 25th (Friday): Hoop Day
The third
anniversary of the day Hoop discovered my blog. We usually celebrate with a guest post, or an interview, or a list of my favorite Hoop conversations of the year. One can never tell. But either way, it's bound to be a good time.

*EDIT* Yeah, I'm a dope. It's only the 2nd anniversary of Hoop finding this blog. I got stuck on the threes.

July 30th (Wednesday): Arabella Day
A celebration of some very important people... YOU. The holiday
started out as a guest post for my good friend Arabella during the first Pickled Beef contest. She enjoyed it so much that I (jokingly) said that I would make it a yearly thing. Well, it stuck. Since then, we've used the occasion to rejoice in one another. The rules are simple, say something about the person who commented before you, even if it's just about their nice tits. The chain breaks at midnight (Eastern time).

Have a great weekend Homebloys!

P.S. I'm working on a new
Twisted (Tink) chapter for next week. For those still reading, I'm sorry for the delay. Things have been, well... CRAZY, for lack of a better word. Bear with me!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 13 June, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

Cool - I'm ready to put my mad skillz to the test and win another PB contest!

Can't wait to see your new blog headers.

lovins,
fiwa

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

The excitement builds!

 
At 13 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, POOEY!! I'm outta town for the first two events. No, not for work. V A C A T I O N.

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger Tink said...

No worries. The PB contest is really the event not to miss. ;)

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

I am so ready for the Summer Extravaganza or as I like to call it Tinkapalooza.

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

How do you manage all of THIS? What with being a corporate head and being a part of world domination and all...how do you have the time? just kidding about that other stuff, but the time is still a mystery.

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger geenalyn said...

Tink i'm begging and pleading for you to pick an alternate day for the PB contest...i'll be driving 12 hrs back to Canada on that day with no chance to play and well that simply is just not fair...how will i ever keep my PB crown if i can't play!!

If i bribe you enough will you send me a prize anyhow :)

 
At 13 June, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

You are one busy contest queen. They all sound like fun. I cannot wait for them to get into full swing.

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

sounds like fun to me!!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Boy, Janet sure has nice tits...

oh... waitaminute... we haven't started the posting competition yet have we... forget I typed that, ok?

Yay! Twisted Tink!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger Gina said...

The Hubbs just charged a new laptop and wireless to the company so I am on for the summer! I need to up my game and do some extensive preparation before you get started!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Very exciting!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger Karen said...

I like the name Tinkapalooza. How exciting!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

did you know that Arabella was the name of the first spider in space?

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

wowee!

 
At 14 June, 2008, Blogger Jason said...

hi. first time here. totally confused. lol.

 
At 15 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no...another chance to feel like a complete failure!

 
At 16 June, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Tink!

 
At 16 June, 2008, Blogger Terri said...

how very organized and planned out! exciting stuff girl. my pick for your header didn't win, but this year it will. (love my powers of prediction dontcha?)

 
At 16 June, 2008, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: Tinkapalooza! Would it be considered egotistical if I started calling it that?

Geenalyn: You could always bribe another blogger to submit answers for you... Eh? Not me though. The host can't play favorites. I'm just saying.

WomanInWindow: I'm crazy.

Jason: >>Totally confused<< Me too!

Susan: Well if you go into it with that attitude! ;)

 
At 16 June, 2008, Blogger Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Sounds fun! I'll twitter by (LOL!)

 
At 17 June, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

Does happy dance. I'm not sure which part of this post I'm the most excited about. Hmmm, ok, probably the new chapter of TT

Oh goodie goodie - Tink Fun all summer long!!

How totally appropriate the word verification is twstk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home